What are you playing right now?

Gorth

On your recommendation, Fenixp, I went ahead and bought it with 1.5h to spare on the Steam Winter Sale. It looks pretty sleek.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I bought Assassin's Creed: Odyssey to be able to survive a Christmas week in my mother's house and I've been slutting around ancient Greece ever since. Why is it that as soon as a game allows me to sleep around, I have to make it my mission to sleep with absolutely everyone? I've slept with young women, old women, straight boys, gay boys and it someone hadn't left the door open I would probably have nailed that runaway goat too. Oh, and I'm riding the gayest horse ever (complete with a pink unicorn horn and rainbow coloured trails after the hooves). Of course.

I was in a party and was having a discussion with Sokrates in one of the missions. They let you choose a few lines in that dialogue, but I wish they had made it a sort of mini-game around that discussion! I wanted more conversation choices! More dialogue! More philosophy! More of an intellectual challenge! It was a good scene, but they could have made it so much better. I understand that this is an action game, but still.. it left me wanting more.

I like this game a lot and Kassandra is a fantastic character. It suffers from the some of the same problems as Assassin's Creed: Origins did (very weak item progression where the only thing that matters is the level of the item you're using, not the stats) and an over-abundance of map icons/quest arrows/hint systems. I turned on exploration mode that's supposed to lessen the amount of clues and arrows you get, but I'm not sure it actually did anything. Still a great game though.

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I spent hours on the LAN with friends on Diablo 1. Spent almost as much time on Diablo 2 with friends. Finished the first box campaign or whatever for Diablo 3 and that was it. Never touched another Diablo game again. Not hating on it. Just not my cuppa.

Yeah, I'm not hating on it either. I do think, vs. the original release, they've made D3 more casual fun in certain ways and I can see the broader appeal in that sense. But it's like after the many original release complaints they went so far in the opposite direction it's become overly generic with some MMO-ishness on top, heh. 

I did like having a mini-cow for a cosmetic pet, tho. That was pretty funny. I also was in a Greater Rift that had a "Ghost of Cow King" encounter and every enemy was a cow. Nowhere near as charming/funny as D2's cow level and all the "moomoo,moomoommoo" but a nice callback.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I bought Assassin's Creed: Odyssey to be able to survive a Christmas week in my mother's house and I've been slutting around ancient Greece ever since. Why is it that as soon as a game allows me to sleep around, I have to make it my mission to sleep with absolutely everyone? I've slept with young women, old women, straight boys, gay boys and it someone hadn't left the door open I would probably have nailed that runaway goat too. Oh, and I'm riding the gayest horse ever (complete with a pink unicorn horn and rainbow coloured trails after the hooves). Of course.

I was in a party and was having a discussion with Sokrates in one of the missions. They let you choose a few lines in that dialogue, but I wish they had made it a sort of mini-game around that discussion! I wanted more conversation choices! More dialogue! More philosophy! More of an intellectual challenge! It was a good scene, but they could have made it so much better. I understand that this is an action game, but still.. it left me wanting more.

I like this game a lot and Kassandra is a fantastic character. It suffers from the some of the same problems as Assassin's Creed: Origins did (very weak item progression where the only thing that matters is the level of the item you're using, not the stats) and an over-abundance of map icons/quest arrows/hint systems. I turned on exploration mode that's supposed to lessen the amount of clues and arrows you get, but I'm not sure it actually did anything. Still a great game though.

I really like it, and I play as Kassandra as well. And like you, I've used Exploration mode, exclusively, in fact. It still feels like Skyrim, but whatever, the game is overall huge and often great fun.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

And first game of 2019 finished just few minutes ago :)

I have finally defeated Xenonauts after long break I've taken, when I've moved to   my new place, two years ago. The game is excellent tribute to original Xcom games, and I've enjoyed it, despite some of the missions with Reapers were frustrating, because even if I ended my turn with lot of TUs saved for "overwatch" shots, most of my agents in most cases started to shoot at them, after they killed someone already. And that was actually the main reason, why I took such a long break from the game :(  

Despite this big flaw, O can't wait to see the release of second game, and hope, they will make it less frustrating :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Not playing anything at the moment for a couple days until I get home but I can tell you what I was playing before I left on vakay with the familay.

Shenmue Remastered

- A game that relies on nostalgia factor and demands it to remotely enjoy. I played Shenmue number 1 when it released originally un the Americas for the Sega Dreamcast, back then it was such a great game. Everything about it from graphics to the world layout, the voices... Now, fast forward to 2018 or 2019 as I'm writing this and Shenmue is a complete nightmare of a game - except the music. The OST has just aged beautifully while the rest of the game itself has aged horribly. Hard to enjoy...

And

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

-Just as the cel-shaded Prince Of Persia was the underdog and vastly underrated game of its series, the same is true for this one. It's a great game and has aged gracefully. I dare even say that like the cel-shaded PoP, this is the best game of the series but hated for being different (I can relate hehe).

My favorite thing about the game is how it forces players to do things they don't want to, making for some grueling situatations. Devs seem to shy away from this method in order to casualize games for a broader audience but not Yaiba, no sir. This is a "Put up or shut up, be a man" type of game.

Also, due to animations per set moves getting locked in, led to some pretty frustrating deaths and I loved that as well. This means that the player must think ahead of time and memorize the timing of the main character's moveset.

I'm sure I'll probably start Destiny 2 when I get back. I know I've been saying that before.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

finished battletech, since i left it before last mission it was not that big of an achievemnt

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I want to play AC Origins and Odyseey but I'm waiting for the price to drop further, and also waiting til I clear some games off my backlog. I almost bought Origins today but decided to pass.

They do look great.

Though, I still even haven't played Black Flag (last AC game I bought/played was the original on PS3). Has it changes much?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Guys and gals, anyone with knowledge of video editing can help me out (or with streamer OBS software)? I have started for my own fun do do some streaming, and planning to upload some of my noobie videos later on youtube, but my PC somehow fails me with sound stuff. I have noticed it only today, and it ruined my Xenonauts video, with weird backsound from my MIC, even if it is disconnected. I would like to ask you for an advice, if it is possible to remove that annoying and stupid sound with some free video editing software, and how to do it, because I fail at the knowledge how to repair it :( Because I would like to repair it and reupload the cleaned version again :(

Many thanks for any help.

Here is the link to the ruined video :(

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/358433148

Edited by Mamoulian War

Guys and gals, anyone with knowledge of video editing can help me out (or with streamer OBS software)? I have started for my own fun do do some streaming, and planning to upload some of my noobie videos later on youtube, but my PC somehow fails me with sound stuff. I have noticed it only today, and it ruined my Xenonauts video, with weird backsound from my MIC, even if it is disconnected. I would like to ask you for an advice, if it is possible to remove that annoying and stupid sound with some free video editing software, and how to do it, because I fail at the knowledge how to repair it :( Because I would like to repair it and reupload the cleaned version again :(

For freebies, last I knew, Audacity, noise reduction feature. It likely won't be perfect (too much can make the other sounds wonky) but it may reduce it enough for you to tolerate it. I haven't fiddled with that stuff very much tho, so I'm not an expert. The general concept is to extract the audio from the video as a .wav,  you have to find a short example of just the noise (a segment without any of the actual game noises in it) so Audacity has a reference point to run an auto filter. Or you can just try to manually choose some settings. When you're done, put the audiotrack back/replace the original track via a video editor. There's probably tutorials on YouTube or other, somewhere.

Through my "pc speakers" your video isn't that bad - eg the game noises can be easily heard at a lower volume setting where the white noise feedback sound isn't really that audible. But I'd guess headphones is where it's very noticeable even at low volumes.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Furi, with which I'm having immense trouble and I'm just entirely sure why. I seem to be unable to get the timing of certain parts of the battles consistently right even after many attempts.

What bothers me is the consistency part. If I would consistently suck then I'd just need to git gud or accept that the game's too hard (maybe this game is genuinely so much harder than anything else I've ever played) but there are times where I breeze through phases without hitch and times where I dodge myself into every boss' attack.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Maybe it's a matter of taking breaks while playing. Have a similar problem with Hollow Knight. After playing it for a while, I really start getting sloppy until I let it rest for a while.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Maybe it's a matter of taking breaks while playing. Have a similar problem with Hollow Knight. After playing it for a while, I really start getting sloppy until I let it rest for a while.

Hollow Knight was a weird case for me too. I struggled with (apparently) easy bosses like the boss at the end of the Trial of the Fool but had no issues traversing the Path of Pain.

Edit:

Huh. I just beat the boss in Furi in handheld mode on my first attempt today (without getting knocked out even once). How utterly bizarre.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

After completing The Witcher, I am playing an untranslated Chinese game. Ho Tu Lo Shu - Books of Dragon.

You can check out videos on YouTube or take a look on its Steam store page. I'm having a blast, despite the language barrier.

• Like 1

Yes. Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 was real gem!

• Like 1

Anybody else here thinks that 2012 was a very memorable year in gaming?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_video_gaming

Of course! The 2000's are the true golden years of gaming. And the most industry changing.

For freebies, last I knew, Audacity, noise reduction feature. It likely won't be perfect (too much can make the other sounds wonky) but it may reduce it enough for you to tolerate it. I haven't fiddled with that stuff very much tho, so I'm not an expert. The general concept is to extract the audio from the video as a .wav,  you have to find a short example of just the noise (a segment without any of the actual game noises in it) so Audacity has a reference point to run an auto filter. Or you can just try to manually choose some settings. When you're done, put the audiotrack back/replace the original track via a video editor. There's probably tutorials on YouTube or other, somewhere.

Through my "pc speakers" your video isn't that bad - eg the game noises can be easily heard at a lower volume setting where the white noise feedback sound isn't really that audible. But I'd guess headphones is where it's very noticeable even at low volumes.

Thanks for help, I've played little bit with your recommendations, and I've got this in the end:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/358671863

Unfortunately, the quality of video went down as well during the editing. The sound is little bit ridiculous now, but still much better :)

Thanks again.

I still plug along in Sword Coast Legends, and I have a jolly good time, actually. Some time after I had finished Hommet's personal quest and all...

...a certain paladin of Helm and his crusaders caught up with my party and decided to try to vanquish us. Well, suffice to say: That didn't happen, but just because I felt like it, I spared his life, and then on a whim clicked, "No, you're coming with us!" Illydia, protested wildly. And I suddenly realized: "Wow, I have this chance to get this cool character in my party: Javen." 

And for some reason I've grown tired of Hommet's childish Harry Potter repertoire, so I dumped him, and added Javen as a blank slate, and I was happy to see that I could distribute all the ability points and proficiencies the way that I wanted, Then I gave him some scraps that we had from our last dungeon haul. This was unexpected, none of the other possible companions really spoke to me, but Javen did. Interesting twist. Almost feels like Baldur's Gate.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

Currently running a tri-color deck in draft in Artifact: Red and Black splashing Blue with Tidehunter, Timbersaw, Bounty Hunter, Sorla Khan, and Venomancer. It's kind of a mishmash of ideas without any 1 singular focus, but that tends to be the case with draft as opposed to constructed. Venomancer doesn't necessarily seem like an ideal splash hero, but I'm 2-0 so far so it's working.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing GR Wildlands co-op. It is pretty fun, even if it will get pretty repetitive.  I did like the tag that the game is not an actual representation of Bolivia

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra