What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Taking a break from Pathfinder to play Prey. I've done a lot in the beginning area and the lobby. So, I found some keycard in the lobby and went back to the beginning area where I found a huge bad guy with a couple of turrets. Brutal fight. I finally zap-wrenched the sumbitch to death. Damn near kilt me. Makes me wish I'd put points in wrench. I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I'm having some fun doing it.

χαίρετε

Got Frostpunk for Christmas so am going to kick that off, I had heard it was short and shallow but as I paid $0 for it, might as well give it a go.  Also ignoring the titanic backlog of games I have yet to work through.

Remembered why I play Overwatch again, is to troll people that get bent out of shape.  Yesterday's highlight was some guy having a crisis as he fell from 2200 to 1900 and was on a tear how we all shirked our 'responsibility' to switch or whatever.  Some people are going to kill themselves with such stress.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My amazing wife and family chipped in and got me a Switch. I got Into the Breach for Switch. I don't think I'll ever see my amazing wife or family again.

And a couple hours in and I feel like I've stumbled into a Borderlands copycat with even more junk in it. I was so excited for a moment there.

Yeah, right? I'm not entirely sure how it got the great reviews it did - the second game's entirely devoid of ... Well, pacing and personality. Shooting and slicing's fun, other than that it's just... Meh.
  • Like 1

I just couldn't figure out where the hell I was in space playing Prey, so I decided to see if I could find something to help me make heads or tales out of it. I get a youtube video and it did something that will make my life so much easier. It had health bars and location points and everything else. I'm like, what the hell is that?! So I played with controls and realized I can bring up the HUD and actually know where I'm going. Good Lord, Halleluiah!

χαίρετε

So West of Loathing is pretty interesting. Digging around in spittoons and whipping people with snakes.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I know it should have been detailed maps for Wing Commander Privateer for, well... literally decades, since the game is around 25 years old, but charting the quadrants and systems all by myself is part of the fun of the game.

I haven't done a single mission for a while, only to travel point by point, system by system, and charting all little by little.

The following table and map are obviously incomplete (blue bold lines have been traveled while the black thin ones aren't)

qQ9qqtU.jpg

Abo5Txj.jpg

And I still haven't started the main story, I believe... :p

Oh my... When I look back to these (which aren't even a week old, lol) I can't stop pacepalming about mistakes I made...

I have sold my Orion which served me well and was fun to play although a bit rough, and bought a Galaxy. I could have stood the speed, the guns limitation, even try to test playing turrets. But not the coc kpit view. The manual says that it's on par with the Centurion's and better than the Orion's. Seriously? I'd take the Orion's 10 times! Sure with two turrets, you can see much of the field, but I hate switching to turrets. So I only made missions with the Galaxy to have enough credits to buy a Centurion upgraded with 2 Plasma Guns and 2 Tachyons cannons on front side. Then I charted every system left to my current knowledge and started the campaign.

I previously made awful typos and mistakes (forgot some bases in then-unexplored systems, and wrote "blackade" instead of "blockade", was then thinking of something like a black hole and didn't translate to search a meaning, I was used to the french term "blocus").

More up-to-date data:

y2NiUy0.jpg

2Kk0OiO.jpg

I'm currently doing the Exploratory Service missions, and it's funnier than I thought, but also more difficult... Have I said how I hate asteroids? Well, now, I still hate them but they are sometimes useful... It was been around 15 years since I have played Wing Commander 3 and 4, and.... they were the very last space ship games I played - with the exception of X Beyond the Frontier, but it was many years ago too, and it doesn't really compare. So when I began Wing Commander Privateer, let's face it, I was a noob.

I don't think I am a "power gamer" now (I'm very very very very far from it xD), but it's amazing to feel the gap between back then and now, I haven't felt this in a game for ages.

Back to asteroids, I had to learn the very old trick: Never be the prey, always be the hunter. In dog-fighting, it's up to the prey to find safe routes. If not, well... you'll have another less prey soon. So keep pressing with shots fire here and there, and sure asteroids will find their way...

And I had to learn the shield cycles' trick too, to manage afterburner and my current 4 Plasma Guns on front (i have two other ones on rear turret but... I still never use the turret, but for the tractor beam).

• Like 1

I'd forgotten how boring and how much of a chore the Winter Palace main quest in Dragon Age is.  It *could* have been interesting, but the execution was terrible and it ended up being a two-hour slog of clicking the "item search" button mixed in with bad plot execution.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played more Assetto Corsa today. And I have finally finished the H1 Hypercars career. The biggest challenge for a noob like me was Pagani Huayra on Monza. I spent about 2 hours to master that car so I could win the Medium AI Quick Race.

For the sheer comedy factor, I am putting here my stream of last hour of my "driving". Best watched to, while listening to Benny Hill theme :p

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/356318614

If you want to skip all the laming, and see the final golden race, just skip to 47:30 :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah, I imagine it also depends on who you use. I stayed with the original 3 the whole way, but I think the guy had mind control, which would make things quite less crazy. I also didn't invest well in silent weapons, so I tended to have huge battles with a dozen bad guys. The last fight was a fun brawl between robots, Nova Sect, and me in the middle trying to survive. Finally started using smoke grenades.

Edited by Hurlshot

Replaying Deadfire, greatly enjoying it overall. Into Beast of Winter now. I enjoy the lore but I must say they dropped the ball on some of the encounters in this one. It feels padded and with a few many "cheap tricks", as well as HP bloated enemies. I also think some of the gameplay gimmicks are so... old. Teleport puzzles... really?

Kind of a shame.

• Like 2

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Replaying Deadfire, greatly enjoying it overall. Into Beast of Winter now. I enjoy the lore but I must say they dropped the ball on some of the encounters in this one. It feels padded and with a few many "cheap tricks", as well as HP bloated enemies. I also think some of the gameplay gimmicks are so... old. Teleport puzzles... really?

Kind of a shame.

I'm waiting for the turn based patch to arrive, then I'm gonna start a completely new playthrough of Yoga Fire + all DLCs. :w00t:

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, I imagine it also depends on who you use. I stayed with the original 3 the whole way, but I think the guy had mind control, which would make things quite less crazy. I also didn't invest well in silent weapons, so I tended to have huge battles with a dozen bad guys. The last fight was a fun brawl between robots, Nova Sect, and me in the middle trying to survive. Finally started using smoke grenades.

Yes, if you go heavily into stealth, Dux, Selma and Farrow can clear most of the map. Then you swap in Borman and Magnus for clean up for the larger fights.

I think my toughest fight was Lux.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've been going ham on Grim Dawn. The loot treadmill in that game is just so satisfying. I'm currently in the Tyrant's Hold area.

I wonder what Crate Entertainment will put out next? They could do another Grim Dawn expansion, but this game feels quite complete as is with the excellent Ashes of Malmouth expansion.  Will they make Grim Dawn 2: Cthonic Boogaloo?

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've been going ham on Grim Dawn. The loot treadmill in that game is just so satisfying. I'm currently in the Tyrant's Hold area.

I wonder what Crate Entertainment will put out next? They could do another Grim Dawn expansion, but this game feels quite complete as is with the excellent Ashes of Malmouth expansion. Will they make Grim Dawn 2: Cthonic Boogaloo?

They have another expansion called Forgotten Gods coming out in Q1 which adds a lot more content with an endless dungeon like D3’s rifts. Looks fantastic but I do look forward to a new game from them. They’re quite dedicated!

• Like 1

bought Subnautica at 6PM, its 5AM now, send help

• Like 5

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"