What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I had the same worries about replaying TW3, but then I kinda figured that I wanted to replay it at some point anyway, and the content TW3 does offer tends to generally be of higher quality than most other stuff I could play, so I ended up opting going for it regardless. I mean, I could spend those 100 hours with something inferior - but why?

There is a whole bunch of quests I'd like to see resoved differently, so that's quite a bit of another drive for me.

• Like 1

TW3 took me a long time to beat(expansion packs included). I wouldn't mind replaying it on a beefy PC(4K 60fps) but not on the PS4 again.

On a totally different note: have any of you guys/gals tried making Fallout: New Vegas look nexgen with mods and stuff?! You know, 4K textures, graphical enhancements and so on...

My current pc can run Fallout: NV just fine but that is a serious itch I need to scratch someday.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I had the same worries about replaying TW3, but then I kinda figured that I wanted to replay it at some point anyway, and the content TW3 does offer tends to generally be of higher quality than most other stuff I could play, so I ended up opting going for it regardless. I mean, I could spend those 100 hours with something inferior - but why?

There is a whole bunch of quests I'd like to see resoved differently, so that's quite a bit of another drive for me.

Just stop whining and play the 35 hour games ;)

I have alot of games in my library that are up to The Witcher 3's stabdard of quality though, maybe you do not. I would suggest checking out some rpg's on Steam. Dragons Dogma, Pyre, Galak-Z, Brigador etc.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Star Trek Online. I'm not great at it or anything but it's getting frustrating doing the random queues because I keep getting matched with terrible groups that I'm unable to carry for the best rewards. Was just doing a task force operation to rescue some Romulan ships from the Tholians and there are two bonus sections where you need to rescue 10 points worth of ships in like 3 or 4 minutes or something like that. Points are dependent on how large the ship you're rescuing is and it's kind of random which ships you will see at any given time. Anyways, I put up 6 points by myself in the first bonus round and 9 points in the second and both times we failed because the other 4 players only managed 2 points in the first bonus round and none in the second.

Free games updated 3/4/21

The Council just keeps getting better. I'm waist deep in some Illuminati **** now and certain parties are manipulating me, or they think they are. For my part, I'm presently pretending to be their puppet while working to discover their true motives. Apart from some jank that comes standard with AA games (e.g. the sex scenes are Mass Effect 1 level quality) this game has been terrific so far. I have roughly half the game left, let's hope it keeps impressing.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Star Trek Online. I'm not great at it or anything but it's getting frustrating doing the random queues because I keep getting matched with terrible groups that I'm unable to carry for the best rewards. Was just doing a task force operation to rescue some Romulan ships from the Tholians and there are two bonus sections where you need to rescue 10 points worth of ships in like 3 or 4 minutes or something like that. Points are dependent on how large the ship you're rescuing is and it's kind of random which ships you will see at any given time. Anyways, I put up 6 points by myself in the first bonus round and 9 points in the second and both times we failed because the other 4 players only managed 2 points in the first bonus round and none in the second.

That's why I stopped to play any MMOs. Could not be arsed to waste my time with incompetent randoms...

If I suck at single player games, there is only one person to blame... Sonicmage :p

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I finished episode 3 of The Council. Down the rabbit hole I go. There's a really great puzzle at the end of episode 3 and it has serious consequences if you don't solve it correctly.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still Divinity Original Sin 2. Having glass canon on my main character, practically every boss fight starts with the boss dominating or shackles of pain. And if they dominate, it's when my MC is before my guy who can dispel it.

It's getting a bit annoying. Last fight I was juggling revives. And found out Last Rites can crit. That wasn't cool.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still Witchering.

It's such a "Just one more thing and I'll stop playing" game. I think I finally understand why I'm glad all the crafting, loot etc. is in the game, in spite of being rather poorly executed - it all feeds into that feeling of progression and generally 'doing things'. Y'know "I'll just explore that over there, get the last couple of experience points to level up, which'll allow me to craft the new silver sword and when I'm done with that, I can go and turn in the quest nearby"

• Like 1

RDR2. Story: 40%

So...

...you show up at a household as a loan shark. You have already killed the husband and you threaten to kill the women's son if she doesn't pay up ('maybe your mama will be wearing black on your behalf, boy!') But you also help random strangers at no extra cost and kill people for them if need be?!

Rockstar logic. :lol:

• Like 1

RDR2. Story: 40%

So...

...you show up at a household as a loan shark. You have already killed the husband and you threaten to kill the women's son if she doesn't pay up ('maybe your mama will be wearing black on your behalf, boy!') But you also help random strangers at no extra cost and kill people for them if need be?!

Rockstar logic. :lol:

It's why I didn't like Red Dead Redemption 1. Marston was a jerk to some people for no reason. There really wasn't any redemption going on.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I thought the redemption was in the epilogue of RDR1 when you shoot that police dude. It's also when the title flashes up big on screen.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Still playing Wing Commander: Privateer, sold the old Tarsus (which was upgraded to max of her potential - with the exception of the Shield Generator that stayed at level 1 to keep full maneuverability, and with two Tachyon Cannons which have the best characteristics - Velocity, Delay, Energy Use, Armor Penetration - for low level engines).

I bought an Orion (I want to try each ship, one after another), and while she's interesting, I still don't get used to use the turret.

And I have to admit, I am still reluctant to let the Troy system behind, so to say, really beginning to play the game and you know... follow the story... :grin: 

I think I will be more as an explorer studying maps and keeping fuel in cargo than a merchant/smuggler/mercenary/saviour of the universe/whoever... :p 

• Like 2

Having more fun with Artifact. This seemingly subpar deck I've drafter with Prellex, Crystal Maiden, Venomancer, Sniper, and Bounty Hunter is putting in work. People just don't know how to play against plague wards. They seem so innocuous, then a couple turns later most of your units in that lane are dead and the lane is out of control and just plain lost. I'm sure higher level players can handle plague wards just fine, but casuals get murdered by them. Good times.

Edit: I'm 2/3 of the way through episode 4 of The Council and holy crap did they just drop a bombshell on me! Oh boy oh boy oh boy, **** just got all types of twisted.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ya'll want redemption? Here ya go...

Isn't this the new version with higher resolution?

I always hated how none of the promo screenshots looked like the game in my PS3. On PS3, the game is a pixelated, blurry mess.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Nah. The 'new' version is basically the one you get on the Xbox One X which is a backwards compatible 360 game. It runs at native 4k but aside from that(and a more stable fps capped at 30), there are no other emhancements.

I agree with you on the PS3 version of RDR1. Rockstar games looked the worst on the PS3 but hey, at least you could play them without any freezing issues.

Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim...

they all became unplayble on the PS3. Once the size of the save file was past 10 MB, you'd get freezing issues every 30 minutes. Funny how Bethesda released 4 games on the PS3, all of them with the same issues. I think at one point J. Sawyer pretty much asked people to avoid the PS3 version of Fallout NV.

Edited by Katphood

Wing Commander Privateer

So, after buying an Orion and doing several missions given by the computer (just the classic ones, like I did since the beginning: scouting, attacking pirates/retros/kilrathis and defending stations, always in the Troy system), I finally decided to take a great step: to start exploring, and why not make some money of it? So I contracted both the Merchants' and the Mercenaries' Guilds in Helen to take only bounty missions.

So, pirates, retros and kilrathis to hunt in the Troy, Pender's Star, Regallis and War systems.

Here we go!

The patrol in Troy is fair simple and time to jump to Pender's Star! Easy, wasn't it? Retros as a welcoming group. How charming. Nav 3 cleared. And now Nav 2, it should be easy... What?! Asteroids. ASTEROIDS. BOOM. BOOM. *Main Screen*

Wasn't really prepared for this. Learned the lesson the hard way, I suppose.

Time to take back the last save in Helen when I was prepared to lift off. Cleared the Troy system once again.

Jumped to Pender's Star. Ok to Nav 2. Grrr. There are pirates there, so I have to fight even with these damned asteroids. Hopefully a pirate had been crushed by an asteroid, so with a few missiles the other two were history. Then time to clear my way out of this mess, blasting with my tachyons all the way (happy to have bought a lvl 4 engine right before leaving Helen) WITHOUT afterburner. Armour damaged but systems recovered thanks to the robot and shields back to online, but I hate these asteroids. Especially with some tank ship like the Orion.

Time to go the Nav 1. Easily cleared. But I won't go back to Nav 3 with autopilot. I'm not crazy, Nav 2 is right in the middle of the course. So I manually drove the ship to avoid the asteroids (at full speed with afterburner... so 800 kps...)

Go back to Troy, no stop and jump this time to Regallis. Nav 3 cleared. Nav 2 cleared. Nav 1 cleared. Nav 4 cleared. Nav 5 cl... Argl!?!? Asteroids again! Got few damages more in the end.

Again, go back to Troy, no stop and jump to... Wait a minute. I didn't note the missions. The last one concerned War or Pyrenees? Hum, I don't think it was Pyrenees, I would have remembered because of the original mountains and because it begins with a P, and I don't recall another system mentioned in briefings with a P, Pender's Star excepted. So time to War. Well... the system, of course. I'm no confed!

Jumped and... *sight* Asteroids. Again. And with a fight as a "bonus". Yeah! And few damages more as another "bonus". Less than previously though. Well, if I want to come back, it has to. A nav cleared, and another, and the last very one... Wait. Oh. Surprise. Guess who's coming to the party. Well "what". A little asteroid. A very little cute asteroid. How to refuse it? It's so happy it's coming with its WHOLE FAMILY. Hard to refuse them now, isn't it? And you know what? There are very stupid pirates out there. Or maybe they just have a fetish and want to kiss these "little" asteroids. Boom Boom Boom Boom. Johnny Hooker time. A few shots and party's over, so now the exit. A few scratches here and there. So asties, you're not my kind.

Now the last jump to finally go back to Troy. But asties in the way obviously. GET OUT OF MY WAY. Don't care if there's a friendly ship between me and the jump point. The line between good and evil should reside in a few asties, I guess. Ahhh. Happy to see Helen again and land on it. Well I know someone who thought that and got a lot of trouble... Wait a minute, I think there's something I missed. I can't put my finger on it, but I am sure there's something. Nevertheless it shouldn't be important. I'm back! That's all that matters! Rough trip, isn't it? And I only explored a very little tiny part of the quadrants...

Time so see my bank account, and... WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

NO CREDITS ADDED. NO. CREDITS.

What could have happened?!

*Save* *Take back the previous save on Helen I took last time* See the mission list. "No mission"

*sigh*

The save I took back previously after being destroyed in Pender's Star was made... before the subscriptions to the guilds and then before accepting bounty missions.

*sigh*

I did this "trip" for nothing.

*sigh*

Well, not for nothing. Exploration... ? Experiencing asties... ?

*facepalm*

Oh and now I remember what I did forget. I didn't encounter any kilrathis, while I'm sure one of the bounty missions had those to hunt.

Well, I guess there are kilrathis dancing in space far far far away. Maybe riding asteroids, and maybe laughting out loud. And...

*lightning strike IRL*

Could it be?

No way. Time to stop gaming for today.

Edited by Huinehtar
  • Like 1