What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Yeah, he goes hostile if you handle the hybrid in a way other than the one he wants- IIRC I ran into him in the Ice Valley and ended up killing him there after dealing with the hybrid and the whole Fort did not go hostile, possibly because it wasn't there I fought him. Been a while since I played though so I could be wrong.

Don't think there's anything to miss about Baxter. It's implied that he may have changed his name/ identity so could be someone in the game, but nothing concrete.

I just figured there'd be a resolution to the Bloody Baxter thing because of all the foreshadowing and name dropping.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

X4 is getting relatively good reviews, so I fired up X Rebirth (curious what our resident X-masers think, assuming they're not all playing my favourite video game: "Wait and see").

Reasoning for picking X Rebirth (of all things): it's (supposedly) a dumbed down X version, so I, as a X-series rookie, might be able to ease into a "real" X game by using Rebirth as a tutorial (and X4 might get patched a bit in that time frame too, maybe drop in price some, you know, lots of possible benefits to be had)

dumbed down X version, so I, as a X-series rookie, might be able to ease into a "real" X game by using Rebirth as a tutorial

No, I'm afraid not really. In spite of being a fan of X series, I really looked forward to X: Rebirth's take on X series as more streamlined, dumber experience. Sadly, the game commits suicide by all the pointless busy work it makes you go through, and it somehow ends up being less complex while at the same time slower and more cumbersome version of X. Don't get me wrong, I really hope you get your enjoyment out of it - but if you find it incredibly boring, just... Don't judge the entirety of X series by it.

Threw away the Swedish Premier title, damn runs of bad form combined with a slew of injuries. Sometimes I think the game is out to screw me

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

About hour ago, I have finished after 53,5 hours, Battle Chasers: Nightwar. All in all, I was having fun most of the time. The turn based combat was fun, and the story was interesting. Around level 16 it started to get little bit grindy, but later, it became faster-pacing again. The final battle made me sweat, because I was not able to kill final boss at level 29. I had to go grind for another 15 minutes or so in the final dungeon. I was lucky and found there nice Attack Bonus Shrine, which helped me a lot in defeating the boss on the next try. I love the art style and really enjoyed playing it, so I hope the developers will make next game soon, and we'll be able to see the continuation of the story of our heroes :) .

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

There's such a lack of new RPGs available right now (for the PS4 since I don't do PC anymore) that I'm actually contemplating replaying Dragon Age Inquisition.

The next couple of years -- if these games actually release when they're slated to -- can't come fast enough.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

PS4 is kinda like Vita, it's the ultimate Jrpg system. It has so many great games that will never go to pc or xbox.

So if you like Jrpg's, you'll never run tired but I'd stick to Amazon. Gamestop only really lists what they get in so they miss alot of PS4 games.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The downside to how big some of these RPGs are is it deters me from replaying them because they're such a long investment.  If I start a new game, I'm going to have to commit to finishing it.  And that's tough when it's 50+ hours.

(Still deciding between DAI and Witcher 3 -- Both are super long)

Made it to rank 31 in Red Dead Online. Since the first balance patch, it is a much better experience. Now you can just play the game and get money + experience. No need to continuously grind one or the other. Also more options are viable, so you can actually play the game instead of forcing yourself to one action over and over again.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I finished The Shapeshifting Detective and got a good ending where I caught the killer. I'm pretty sure the game randomizes who the killer is so I'm definitely going to play it again in the future. There are a lot of choices I want to change in the next playthrough. In this playthrough I was focused on strictly being a good detective, next time I want to poke my nose into things I probably shouldn't and break some of the rules given to me. Hopefully this leads me down a path of weirdness as there are subplots I didn't explore much because I was fully focused on catching the killer.

Anyway, fun game if you're into FMV and games heavily based on dialogue.

Next up, The Council. I also need to go back to Elex and finish it, but I'm on an adventure, mystery, detective game kick right now.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

At this point in X Rebirth I'm not sure which of the following is the hardest:

1. combat
  2. figuring out the systems
  3. dodging bugs
  4. figuring out whether a problem I'm having requires #2 or #3

Case in point, given how the story so far has seemed like a big tutorial I've mostly been following that (well, I did put some wares in the freighter you get at the start hoping I'd be able to turn a profit on those. Then I appear to have lost the freighter due to progressing the story... :facepalm: ).

Anyway, went through the missions and got to the point where I had to join the rear-guard for a freighter rescue operation. Except...nobody else joined. So I got swarmed by like 5 (or so, didn't quite have time to count them) Reivers and promply went ka-boom-ski (on that note, that's one looong game over screen). On reload I had to first kill one guy, then the rest appeared, along with my allies. Suffice to say things went a lot smoother that time... (and got me a new freighter. Which was not-so-coincidentally when I noticed the old one went bye-bye)

Played some GTA Online, tried the nightclub stuff, or at least the start.  Game started off with some modder flying planes formed into a swastika around the city,  then had some other one try to kill me on a motorbike and trying to hatchet my car (I guess it was modded to blow  up the car?).  Killed him by just stopping and letting him ram me, so that was fun.

What an unpleasant experience that game is online.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been playing Torment: Tides of Numenera recently. I really like it and don't really understand all the negativity. I like the extensive lore and all the reading, and combat being very minimal is a huge selling point for me. My only complaint is that the game is so very small - small areas, short main story, too few side quests. I can understand people being mad that reading all the lore is the way in which hours get filled playing the game. If you limit your reading, the game immediately shrinks to being less than 40 hours of actual gameplay.

• Like 1

Diablo3 has the same problem as Path of Exile - I want essentially endless stash, but D3 sticks you with (on console) 350 "slots" with no options to get yet more. How is one supposed to collect an INT, STR, and DEX legendary version of everything, since legendary stats aren't fixed anymore and items tend to be catered to your class? Huh? Huh?

Solution: use the 4 allowable ps4 "local accounts" to create and max the stash on 4 save files, thus having 350x4 and using the PS4 share-screen co-op feature to share/store between. Makes it easy to level up mules on other accounts, too, dragging them along behind (game uses auto-follow AI) your power-lvling chr. At any rate ... item collection is the only reason to keep playing such games and these days one could at least make mega stashing an option. I'd pay, just like I paid for 100+ stash tabs in Path of Exile. :p

Also, I tried to see if hubby would want to play D3 using this share-screen co-op mode (LAN gaming is so limited now vs. online coop) but the way you're limited to staying within what feels like 20 yards of each other or the game either refuses to let you move and/or teleports you close again is ... too weird.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

D2 had a limited stash as well and nobody really complained. It's part of the game mechanics-- you just can't keep everything.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

D2 had a limited stash as well and nobody really complained. It's part of the game mechanics-- you just can't keep everything.

But of course you can't keep everything. I'm not talking about everything. D2 had a lot less Legendary's and all their stats and lvls were largely fixed so you didn't care about having more than one or two of the special Mage Hat or whatever.

And people I knew definitely complained. That was the era of people making multiple battle net chrs just for mules, dropping things on the ground and going in and out of the game before the session expired/disappeared or something, can't recall exactly. And logging in to each mule chr. once every 3 months so they wouldn't be deleted. I know I had like 20 (more or less) mules on 3 battle.net accounts back then. :p

...modern times shouldn't be an issue. People who like small stashes can just keep their stash small/not get more tabs if they want. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, we did have a whole bunch of hacks and mods when D2 was the shiz, so people who did complain found a way

Heh, yeah, open bnet was lulz back then in terms of item hacking. "50 Zod runes for trade!" pfft.

I played Closed bnet and didn't hack, hence the irritating way of multiple account muling. :D

I did use an offline mod that incorporated the later closed bnet online features into offline-SP for a while tho. The super Diablo or whatever that was.

Decided to replay Dragon Age Inquisition.  Man, I forgot how awkward the character models moved.  Watching Cassandra walk it's like someone manually moving a mannequin with some string and sticks.

Decided to replay Dragon Age Inquisition.  Man, I forgot how awkward the character models moved.  Watching Cassandra walk it's like someone manually moving a mannequin with some string and sticks.

My favorite is whenever I see Iron Bull move his hand and notice they rigged it wrong so his middle finger is bent like its broken.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif