What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Start of old thread
End of old thread

Continuing the previous conversation about horse testicles...

I have no doubt that Rockstar employees eat, sleep, and breathe their jobs. You don't get such realistic horse testicles without that kind of thing.

On a different note, still playing Guild Wars 2. Finally got a pet seed and started on third and last phase of getting 'Mawdrey II', my own little man eating "Feed me!" plant :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

70 percent of melkathi's body is made of Mordheim, the other 30 percent is made of Battleborn, various indie games and the 90's. His pineal gland is probably Nox.

Oh damn me, is Mordheim part of the WH40K universe?! Because that did look pretty grotesque. I'll buy it for the PS4 once I am done with RDR2.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Oh damn me, is Mordheim part of the WH40K universe?! Because that did look pretty grotesque. I'll buy it for the PS4 once I am done with RDR2.

Close, but not quite. It's part of the Warhammer universe, of which the Warhammer 40k universe is a derivative, hence many similarities :)

Edit: I guess WH40K is Warhammer in space.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I guess WH40K is Warhammer in space.

It is not, it's much more sophisticated

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So without spoilers for Elex, if I choose to join a faction, does that mean I can no longer do any of the currently open quests I had for the factions I didn't join?  Or do I get a "quest failed" multiple times for quests given to me by the factions I didn't join?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Me, I'm still in Tyranny. Did you know that there are at least 6 no-name Iron Walkers with unique dialogue in Disfavored camp? And that you can rat out one of them to another for loitering and being a creepy stalker? And that if you visit Bastard City without a reason to go there you can still find things to do such as insert yourself in court's hearings?

Sigh. This is my last Obsidian game. I don't have no more unplayed ones. What I am going to do.  :unsure:

• Like 2

So without spoilers for Elex, if I choose to join a faction, does that mean I can no longer do any of the currently open quests I had for the factions I didn't join?  Or do I get a "quest failed" multiple times for quests given to me by the factions I didn't join?

You can still do all the basic quests for other factions.  Joining a faction locks you out of doing higher tier quests for other faction (i.e. the quests you would get only after joining said faction) but it doesn't lock you out of doing basic quests that you can do without joining.  Once you figure out which faction you want to join just go for it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You can still do all the basic quests for other factions.  Joining a faction locks you out of doing higher tier quests for other faction (i.e. the quests you would get only after joining said faction) but it doesn't lock you out of doing basic quests that you can do without joining.  Once you figure out which faction you want to join just go for it.

So they other settlements won't become hostile toward me if I join a faction?  It won't turn into the "kill on sight" thing where if I join the Clerics, every Outlaw in the city will attack me?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So they other settlements won't become hostile toward me if I join a faction?  It won't turn into the "kill on sight" thing where if I join the Clerics, every Outlaw in the city will attack me?

Nah.  You'll get the occasional "Oh, you joined Faction X.  That's a... choice, I guess." from a member of Faction Y or Faction Z but you can still come into their town and do business and stuff.  There may be an odd character here and there that will refuse to do business with you because you chose Not Their Faction, but nothing major.

I'm a Crazed Cultist and I go into Tree Hugger Town and Junkieville all the time.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nah.  You'll get the occasional "Oh, you joined Faction X.  That's a... choice, I guess." from a member of Faction Y or Faction Z but you can still come into their town and do business and stuff.  There may be an odd character here and there that will refuse to do business with you because you chose Not Their Faction, but nothing major.

I'm a Crazed Cultist and I go into Tree Hugger Town and Junkieville all the time.

Good to know.  Is there any benefit to waiting to join a faction?  Or is it actually better, in terms of getting stronger as a character, to join ASAP when I've decided which I want to join?

Joining the crazed cultists was the biggest power spike I have experienced in the game thus far.  The only benefit I can think of for waiting is to get the practitioner skill so that you get slightly more exp from joining.  Otherwise, or if you already have the skill (or an item that gives it) just join ASAP.

In my game I'm lev 27 now and I'm 5 points in Int and 5 points in Dex away from being able to use The Redeemer, which is a pretty great plasma rifle.  Once I can use that bad boy I'm murderating everyone that stands in my way. WAHAHAHAHAHA!

4EUj.gif

Edit: I also love how Nasty ****s all over any town that's not The Fort whenever we travel there together and I pretty much always travel with Nasty, because Nasty best girl.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

IIRC some of the people who won't talk to you after are quest givers so it is possible to miss out on a few quests by picking a faction early, but that is the only real disadvantage to choosing early.

The main advantage to joining a faction is that you get their advanced quests and some free gear as well as access to faction specific gear and skills. And yeah, for the clerics in particular that's a massive increase in power. One of their powers is pretty close to enabling cheat mode after the hard start.

Might be a bit late but it's probably worth saying that in Elex unlike most games of its type and just about every prior PB game being a bit of of a Jack Of All Trades at the beginning is rewarded instead of punished in the long term.

• Like 2

And yeah, for the clerics in particular that's a massive increase in power. One of their powers is pretty close to enabling cheat mode after the hard start.

I'm sure you're referring to Black Hole.  Yeah, that ability is hilariously OP.  I LOVE IT.  :dancing:

I suffered so much in the early game that once I got my Psi Amp and discovered Black Hole I went mad with power and started exacting vengeance everywhere I went.

:fdevil:

Edit: If any of the other PB games are anything to go by, you're going to be essentially a God of Destruction in late game no matter what you chose.  Heck, I chose the super underpowered voodoo over the ridiculously OP muskets in Risen 2, and I was still obliterating enemies in late game.

Edit 2: Again, that's what I love about PB games.  Because there is no level scaling and zero hand holding there is a very real struggle early on, one that may make some people quit, but if you push through that you can feel yourself grow so much stronger and being able to smash once seemingly impossible (nothing is ever truly impossible in PB games, even at lev 1) foes feels so good because you went through the struggle, because the enemies were not scaled to your level and you were frail and pathetic and afraid, rather than always somewhat evenly matched.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Is Dungeons 2 basically two completely different games slapped together?

First level is played like a traditional RTS. Highlight select your unit (you only have one since it's a tutorial) and move attack him. Second level is played like I can only imagine a Dungeon Keeper style. You can't select units, you have to use the hand to actually pick them up and toss them in the vicinity of stuff. Otherwise you hope they just get to it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

RDR2.

Just noticed that I had forgotten to pick up my pre-order 'War Horse' from the stables. She is a beauty. :3

I'm loving this game, it's like Kingdom Come: Deliverance but with guns. :grin:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

RDR2

I've over 100 hours into the game (115 and 2 minutes according to the ticker) and I'm only 34% into the story lol

And no,

I haven't gotten bored yet. It's actually one of the more interesting games I've played in recent years, which says alot - there have been some amazing games these last some odd years. The bar was quite high and being someone who didn't play the old one or necessarily care for Rockstar, I expected much less.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

One additional issue I have with combat is my companion doesn't seem to a]start attacking the enemy until I actually strike him, even if the enemy is charging right at me, and b]even the companions who have good long-range weapons seem to want to engage in melee combat.  Caja will shoot fireballs once in a while, but seems to engage in sword play more often than not.