Hi everyone.

First, english isn´t my mother tongue, so please be indulgent to my mistakes. :-)

I stopped playing PoE 2 a few months after release.

But now, serveral patches and DLS later and playing Pathfinder i want to come back.

Im that type of gamer, who plays more than one save at the same time.^^

My 2 questions are:

What will be the optimal choice for maximum story experience? Class, Race, Background? Cipher i think will be one part?

And what will be one of the "Tier 1" Class for Damage oriented playstyle? Prefer Magic over Melee / Ranged. One of the Builds in the Builds List Thread?

CU

Optimal choice for the story experience is the one that you like.  The differences aren't all that significant.  Skills and faction reputation drive dialogue/storybook options more than race/class/attributes do, and Obsidian did a better job than they did in the first game, where nearly everything was RES/Lore/Orlan/Cipher. 

The only thing I'd strongly recommend is that PER is now the most important stat for both conversations/interactions and in-engine gameworld exploration (spotting traps & secrets).  It's also among the most important combat stats for a lot of builds. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Paladin/Chanter is on my "watchlist" too. Because of the summons, he is not on my first place.^^ Maybe it will be a pure wizard...

A paladin/chanter can entirely ignore summons. Just using Hel Hyraf and Killers Froze Stiff is enough to crush almost everything on PotD.

For story i read about Cipher/Priest/Druid + Diplomacy + Aristocrat + Deadfire Archipelago. Hm, will see...

That's based on a raw count of how many dialogue/interaction nodes acknowledge each variable.  It doesn't reflect the significance of them-- many just insert an aside like "you're from around here, so you know what it's like" and progress into the next node just like it does with a non-qualifying character.  So the total number isn't going to tell you a whole lot. 

Edited by Enoch