As a rule of thumb, X/Paladin is a good bet. Rogue/Paladin and Chanter/Paladin are probably the two most popular combinations.

As Boeroer says, though, not clear there is any “best” solo build. (Not even clear that the Paladin/X builds are “best” — are multuclass contenders for “best” that don't involve Paladin.)

• Like 1

I guess more because there is no definite "best" class for solo. :)

So that question is hard to answer.

I'm going for a SC troubadour. Thoughts?

Good pick in my opinion.

any suggestion on stats distribution? i went with high PER yet again. was wondering if PER benefits spell accuracy at all?

Good pick in my opinion.

any suggestion on stats distribution? i went with high PER yet again. was wondering if PER benefits spell accuracy at all?

I would max INT & PER to begin.

Maybe MIG next for healing chants, not sure DEX is needed since (I think) all chanter spells take 6 seconds to cast.

I’m no expert in chanters though. In fact I’m testing out some builds myself :)

Curious to hear about this myself.

I did 1/2 a solo upscaled PotD run with a single class Troubador, focused on empowered Old Nary’s and Summons, and found it painful going.

Even with a large shield and heavy armor, I felt very squishy, and could quickly get taken down if I couldn’t get my summons up in time. Also, I felt like in fights against kith targets I was constantly getting interrupted. (I know you can use an item and carry an injury around to avoid this, but I was trying to avoid that style of play...)

Not sure whether I just needed to invest a lot more in defensive stats (I had an 8 Res and 8 Con), or whether I should have been using a lot more consumables, or whether I was just playing things poorly.

But while I found it to be pretty fun when everything worked out right, there were a number of fights where things wouldn’t. Overall, it felt much more finicky, fragile, and beholden to RNG than (say) my Holy Slayer.

• Like 1

Curious to hear about this myself.

I did 1/2 a solo upscaled PotD run with a single class Troubador, focused on empowered Old Nary’s and Summons, and found it painful going.

Even with a large shield and heavy armor, I felt very squishy, and could quickly get taken down if I couldn’t get my summons up in time. Also, I felt like in fights against kith targets I was constantly getting interrupted. (I know you can use an item and carry an injury around to avoid this, but I was trying to avoid that style of play...)

Not sure whether I just needed to invest a lot more in defensive stats (I had an 8 Res and 8 Con), or whether I should have been using a lot more consumables, or whether I was just playing things poorly.

But while I found it to be pretty fun when everything worked out right, there were a number of fights where things wouldn’t. Overall, it felt much more finicky, fragile, and beholden to RNG than (say) my Holy Slayer.

This .

My experience with the chanter class is exactly that. I feel like it can be so much more though...

• Like 1

Good pick in my opinion.

i find chanter quite slow.. even for troubadour  :blink: . yes the infinite resource generation is great but is tad slow even with brisk recitation. i'm also using sasha.

i'm seriously thinking.. should i go with helwaker/troubadour instead? but i'm gonna lose 2PL, ed nary and dragon  ;(

higher MIG better or SC?

Edited by Archaven

Good pick in my opinion.

i find chanter quite slow.. even for troubadour  :blink: . yes the infinite resource generation is great but is tad slow even with brisk recitation. i'm also using sasha.

i'm seriously thinking.. should i go with helwaker/troubadour instead? but i'm gonna lose 2PL, ed nary and dragon  ;(

higher MIG better or SC?

Cantor? Never saw anyone played one or mentioned it. It's definitly no meta build. And i really have to say, helwalker is pretty risky for that what he gets. You definitly want nemnok's cloak or when you play in a party, a priest wie BDD on your side.

I personnaly played  a potd solo cantor ( hellwaker/skald) and it's run fine.

With 30+ int you get 2 phrases perma persistance (Not so risky to play with 2 heal chant perma with tank gear)+  the monk side give you lot of thing to do meanwhile you recover chant.

Meta maybe not, but fun to play ( skald aoe with 35 might and 30+ int do the job ;) ). And maybe not the "best" class ( best : do you mean the more easy to kill all content ? the most fun ? )

Sorry for my poor english