Combat focus "only" gives him 1 additional layer of Concentration which gets removed wen he gets interrupted. The next interrupt will cancel his ability he's currently trying to cast.

You could add a second layer with the Upright Captain's Belt. That usually helps a lot.

Best way to circumvent interrupts entirely is Rekvu's Fractured Casque which will make you immune once you have 1 injury. Getting a fairly harmless injury (Acute Rash) is easy if you cast Necrotic Lance on him until he goes down or to take him down with Fireballs (Serious Burn) right after rest. --> no more interrupts. Works outside of combat.

Another way would be to cast a Priest's Litany for the Body on him: long lasting buff that lets him build up layer over layer of Concentration.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Combat focus "only" gives him 1 additional layer of Concentration which gets removed wen he gets interrupted. The next interrupt will cancel his ability he's currently trying to cast.

You could add a second layer with the Upright Captain's Belt. That usually helps a lot.

Best way to circumvent interrupts entirely is Rekvu's Fractured Casque which will make you immune once you have 1 injury. Getting a fairly harmless injury (Acute Rash) is easy if you cast Necrotic Lance on him until he goes down or to take him down with Fireballs (Serious Burn) right after rest. --> no more interrupts. Works outside of combat.

Another way would be to cast a Priest's Litany for the Body on him: long lasting buff that lets him build up layer over layer of Concentration.

One thing i notice is that i have to omit alot of inspiration due that i can only pick the important skills at leveling. This kind of a bummer where priest in first PoE having so much flexibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Takehu has combat focus but he still get interrupted. Any way to prevent it?

Run through a trap and get one wound with him and wear Rekvu's helmet. Now you are immune vs. interrupt.

Thanks except that he's godlike :)

Yeah, i was not sure about that anymore, never took him in a party. But nonetheless, the helm is pretty good for non godlike casters.

Litany for the Body is a "Hardy" inspiration, which is +2 AR and +5 CON. What you probably mean is eiterh Champion's Boon (AL5) or Holy Meditation (AL2) both of which provide Resolute, which refreshes a single Concentration every 6s (it refreshes, it doesn't stack; so if you already have Concentration from the Resolute inspiration, you don't get anything).

For fool-proof interrupt protection, get Hands of Light on a paladin, which grants Courageous (completely immune to interruptions, still grants a Concentration after 6s).

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

Litany for the Body is a "Hardy" inspiration, which is +2 AR and +5 CON. What you probably mean is eiterh Champion's Boon (AL5) or Holy Meditation (AL2) both of which provide Resolute, which refreshes a single Concentration every 6s (it refreshes, it doesn't stack; so if you already have Concentration from the Resolute inspiration, you don't get anything).

For fool-proof interrupt protection, get Hands of Light on a paladin, which grants Courageous (completely immune to interruptions, still grants a Concentration after 6s).

True, but HoL upgrade costs 2 zeal instead of 1 and the duration is very low, esp. when you use a shield or heavy armor, you can get max one additional attack etc. out, b4 it runs out. With a priest and SoT, it would last longer tho.

True, but HoL upgrade costs 2 zeal instead of 1 and the duration is very low, esp. when you use a shield or heavy armor, you can get max one additional attack etc. out, b4 it runs out. With a priest and SoT, it would last longer tho.

The point is less about how long it lasts so you can do some number of attacks, it's so that you're able to do those attacks in the first place.

I.E. at least on PotD there are some encounters where there are so many rogue types where if they gang up on one of my characters, they can crippling/blinding/whatever strike that character to the point that they can't do much of anything (each interrupt adds 2s to current recovery, up to the maximum of your last recovery period), even if I'm careful to avoid using any abilities while they're using those abilities. The 2 Zeal is a situational cost (because otherwise you should just do the 1 Zeal LOH, you have both) to basically say "this character will DEFINITELY be able to do something in the next bit of time", whether that's drink a potion, cast some spells, or even just run away (because while interrupted/prone you can't move).

IMO Hands of Light is generally worse than the other upgrade (Greater LOH, which grants Robust), but situationally can be extremely extremely good. Complete immunity to interrupts means that interrupting attacks don't even check any concentration, they just don't happen. So if you have Concentration generated from other sources (including Courageous), they'll all still be around after Courageous wears off.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to boost Concentration/remove interruption from PC with console commands or by editing game files? I really don't want to wear some silly helmet.

It is really annoying for solo play. And by annoying I mean it ruins the game for me.

Can't separate enemies?-ok, I can live with that. Can't bottle-neck enemies with environment as good as in PoE 1?-it's gonna be tough, but I always welcome the challange. I'm staggering so bad I can't even hit back?-come on!

Doesn't priest's Crowns for the Faithful (lvl 8?) make you immune to interrupts ("cannot be interrupted")?  I've been using it on my BDD builds....

KwAQGbA.jpg

Edited by brasilgringo
  • Like 1

Doesn't priest's Crowns for the Faithful (lvl 8?) make you immune to interrupts ("cannot be interrupted")?  I've been using it on my BDD builds....

KwAQGbA.jpg

you must have some sort of zany mod, because crowns for the faithful should only be giving you tier 1 inspirations, you're getting tier 3 per/resolve inspirations and a tier 2 intellect inspiration, which is stupidly OP (not to mention how insanely long it's lasting)

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

Could be.  I installed some highly ranked mods from Nexus Mods, but didn't think they'd be doing OP stuff.  The duration is because I was stacking Salvations of Time (via Brilliant via Shroud of Phantasm) and stacking Walls of Draining (this pic is before the Wall of Draining change by Obs a few weeks ago). 

Mod might be this one:  https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/72

If that's the case, sorry I really didn't know. I only starting using mods a month or so ago.

Edited by brasilgringo

• 2 weeks later...

^Thank you!

Although with the help of health potion's ocean and few levels extra it's not as big problem now. And man do I enjoy bigger challange than in PoE 1. I was using doors and obstacles to fight 3 opponents max at any given time. But in Deadfire I really need to be more creative and smart about combat. I'm not even sure if I will be able to complete the game with current build so it's awesome.

I wish I could post without bumping this thread...

Reposting here in case someone needs it:

OK, so fun fact:  the Weyc's Wand (from FS dlc) gives Courageous (+5 resolve, immune to interrupts) on empowering a Priest spell (if soulbound) ...and that duration appears to be extended by maybe Intelligence, maybe by Empower itself (if you use the Empower ability that extends inspirations), and DEFINITELY by Salvation of Time and Wall of Draining.  I just stacked it to 445 seconds.  And it persists after Combat ends, like Brilliant (from Shroud of Phantasm).  So you basically walk around with immunity to interrupts for as long as you can stack it (Priest/Wiz build).  Use it to buff and then switch to stat-sticks for nuking. 

OK, it comes late (FS) but this is worth nothing.  It lets you forego carrying a wound and using Revku cap, as far as i can tell.