Any mods or ways to start Deadfire later in game? (after Maje)

It's been talked about, but seems to be the engine doesn't currently support doing this as a mod easily. Maybe keep a save or 2 after Port Maje for the next time you restart?

Fair suggestion, except that won't let you change the MC, right?

No that's true enough. 

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

If you need to reroll your player character for testing, you can probably use the cheat OpenCharacterCreation.  I don't believe there are any problems with doing this in the middle of an existing game, but be warned that the command isn't supposed to be used that way.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah but it's problematic

As a test I did a "Warp" to <pick destination> so without a ship I could basically ignore the start, ignore all companions and "Warp" directly to <pick destination>

The issue is that such a test leaves you as level 1 so you either have to add levels to yourself (also scriptable) and with no allies - I guess this is good for solo

I attached a Warp to Waenglith that "Warped" me to Neketaka - that sorta sucked as I was a level 1 so added myself a few levels (much nicer but still alone)

This stuff also allowed me to stick a script in endgame that transported me back to Neketaka

The endgame hack was so I could do any quests I'd missed - it didn't work

My plan was to marry the Queen (playing Male) as I am "worthy" having just stopped disaster - that stuff is fairly easy but I'd need to have several options (I'm female, gay etc) - I'm  a bloke so as it was a test...

If you've finished this is a valid mod that simply changes the ending as the text sets up the close - so switch that out and "Warp" back

Sadly there are some triggers that set some Global Variables (not found them yet) so when I "Warp" from endgame to Neketaka I still have the ship I used for endgame and wherever I go lands me on endgame

Got rid of that junk now

• Like 1

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Yeah but it's problematic

As a test I did a "Warp" to <pick destination> so without a ship I could basically ignore the start, ignore all companions and "Warp" directly to <pick destination>

The issue is that such a test leaves you as level 1 so you either have to add levels to yourself (also scriptable) and with no allies - I guess this is good for solo

I attached a Warp to Waenglith that "Warped" me to Neketaka - that sorta sucked as I was a level 1 so added myself a few levels (much nicer but still alone)

This stuff also allowed me to stick a script in endgame that transported me back to Neketaka

The endgame hack was so I could do any quests I'd missed - it didn't work

My plan was to marry the Queen (playing Male) as I am "worthy" having just stopped disaster - that stuff is fairly easy but I'd need to have several options (I'm female, gay etc) - I'm  a bloke so as it was a test...

If you've finished this is a valid mod that simply changes the ending as the text sets up the close - so switch that out and "Warp" back

Sadly there are some triggers that set some Global Variables (not found them yet) so when I "Warp" from endgame to Neketaka I still have the ship I used for endgame and wherever I go lands me on endgame

Got rid of that junk now

I couldn't figure out how to use the "warp to" command .. can you give me some examples of how you were able to do so?

• 2 weeks later...

The best solution to this is the "Warp" trick with an XP boost at the same time (the short answer)

The long answer...

Let's say you wanna start at level 4 - you simply need an NPC you can chat to - obvious ones are on the beach at start

The other trick is to "Warp" yourself somewhere else (you can go just about anywhere)

The issues with this is that you'll not have enough people to man the boat (works anyway) and when you "Warp" you're still level one unless we've added you a load of XP so you can level

In theory II can "Warp" a level one to endgame (not actually tried that yet but know coming back sorta works)

So - your level 1 faces the big monsters (I can arm him to the hilt and make him a level 20 - dead easy)

The question is WHY BOTHER?

A far more satisfying solution is to level to some desired starting point then re-spec yourself to whatever class you wanna give a go

You end up with someone you like, save the game, respec him and get the differences

Another point is factions. Std game when you ally yourself to a faction you get +points in the faction and the quests give you +/- faction points. I did a little exploration and it turns out I can be really good with ALL factions

Again - WHY BOTHER?

POE2 is a carefully balanced game so WHY take all the fun away from building your character?

Personally I wanna leave the game semi-as-is

For my next trick I'm working on personalised portrait packs - got one running already, this allows you to take a selfie and have that as your character portrait (doing the same for Beamdog's stuff) - this is in it's infancy but essentially you should be able to make anything anything else

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

The best solution to this is the "Warp" trick with an XP boost at the same time (the short answer)

The long answer...

Let's say you wanna start at level 4 - you simply need an NPC you can chat to - obvious ones are on the beach at start

The other trick is to "Warp" yourself somewhere else (you can go just about anywhere)

The issues with this is that you'll not have enough people to man the boat (works anyway) and when you "Warp" you're still level one unless we've added you a load of XP so you can level

In theory II can "Warp" a level one to endgame (not actually tried that yet but know coming back sorta works)

So - your level 1 faces the big monsters (I can arm him to the hilt and make him a level 20 - dead easy)

The question is WHY BOTHER?

A far more satisfying solution is to level to some desired starting point then re-spec yourself to whatever class you wanna give a go

You end up with someone you like, save the game, respec him and get the differences

Another point is factions. Std game when you ally yourself to a faction you get +points in the faction and the quests give you +/- faction points. I did a little exploration and it turns out I can be really good with ALL factions

Again - WHY BOTHER?

POE2 is a carefully balanced game so WHY take all the fun away from building your character?

Personally I wanna leave the game semi-as-is

For my next trick I'm working on personalised portrait packs - got one running already, this allows you to take a selfie and have that as your character portrait (doing the same for Beamdog's stuff) - this is in it's infancy but essentially you should be able to make anything anything else

I'm really just looking for a way to get off the starter island right away and test out builds (that I do level to 20 with the console, and gear up).  I'd like a way to warp to, say, Nekataka where I can test builds on encounters and also buy the ships / crew i need.   

I have tried respeccing characters later in the game (using the character creation console command) but I'm not convinced it applies things like berath's blessings right on the repsec.

If there's a simple warp-to command to use from the beach of Port Maje island at the start, that gets me to Nekataka, I'd use that.  Thanks.