Hi all! I know it’s been a while since there’s been a lot of activity on the thread, but I’m keen to get involved if anyone is still around. 

As a bit of background I’ve been addicted to no reload play since I first started with it on X-COM. I’ve read through pretty much the whole thread with great interest, and appreciate all the stories and advice that have been shared. 

For myself I’ve just finished my first full play through of POE with a barbarian Watcher and had a blast. Kinda rushed through from the end of act 2, so there’s still a fair bit I haven’t seen.  I’ve just started my first honest NR run, which I’ll post about shortly.

Until then hello and good luck to all on their runs. 

• Like 1

Welcome on board, Concrete Monster! It's always nice to have another dedicated no-reloader in the Crew! Even tho there wasn't much activities over here lately, personally I'm still in and just about finishing Deadfire for the first time. Alas Gloomy Face was ripped by Wild Boars almost at the very begining (Engwithan dig site) but as I intended I've continued the exploration of the Deadfire to learn a bit more of new game mechanics and when I'll finish that run I intend to start all over again from the beginning of PoE1 with a new char I've already generated - a Cipher (PoE)>Cipher/Priest(Deadfire).

Until then I'm looking forward to follow your run. All the best of luck and safe travels!

• Like 1

Aye - glad to have you aboard. I've been playing around in Deadfire quite a bit, but waiting for that thread to start on the other forums to begin my NR fun. I will also probably start over a new character(s) in PoE1 to go through with a full NR. 

Meet Elanna. 

Moon Godlike Priestess of Eothas

Deadfire Slave

Difficulty: POTD

Maim before death: Off. Knockout injuries: On. Expert mode: Off. 

You’d be forgiven in thinking that being born in the Deadfire Archipelago would be the perfect start for one blessed by Ondra, but fate was to play out differently. Elanna was abandoned by superstitious parents and found herself sold off as a good luck charm to a pirate crew. It was here she spent all of her formative years, until by good fortune she found her chance to escape in a boarding-gone-wrong for her captors.

Tasting the free air for the first time in her memory she devoted herself to the god of redemption. When she heard that the god himself had manifested, and supposedly been killed, she set out immediately to investigate the events unfolding in the Dyrwood.

Elanna has fully embraced the teachings of Eothas, wishing to impart onto the world all of the kindness that she was not shown in her early life. She does, however, still bear the scars of that life, making her sometimes quick to anger when she sees would-be oppressors.

UXCByfs.jpg

Having survived the deadly biawic Elanna quickly made her way to the Gilded Vale to find a less than warm welcome. She found comfort in finding a fellow Eothosian, and agreed to try to help him in a search for answers that looked to mirror hers. Likewise Aloth seemed to be a fish out of water in this cold and inhospitable town, so together they set out to help who they could, and find what answers were there to be found.

vbS3wUP.jpg

Out intrepid adventurer and her new friends. 

uUGJZEp.jpg

wIet4hw.jpg

MuLdfqj.jpg

LAkxQkv.jpg

• Like 3

Heya! It's me, Alesia- making a sheepish and apologetic return. 🙃

Those of you who've known me for years are aware that I regularly vanish, often for long periods of time. My last disappearance was especially abrupt, however, and I feel pretty bad about it. I'm sorry, everyone! Life just unexpectedly took me elsewhere (an ecovillage in Central America, to be specific). I really should have let y'all know, though. Despite appearances to the contrary, I do and always have valued your friendship. Once again, I apologize! (And if it's any consolation, I'm known for Irish goodbyes in RL, too...)

Anyhoo, I'm back now and I kind of feel like playing again. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that this challenge is still active! I see Serg is still posting, as is Ivanfyodorovich. And we have some new friends. Who else is still following along?

Best,

A.

• Like 2

Hi, Alesia! Nice to see you back safe and sound! 😃 I'm sure, your trip was pleasant and full of new experiences. Meanwhile Gloomy Face is on the verge of finishing his shadow Completionist (except those stupid Mega Bosses)/Trial of Iron/PoTD/Upscaled All/No Berath's Blessings Deadfire run as Lifegiver Druid/Blood Mage Sorcerer (after several failures/restarts along the way and running Pathfinder: Kingmaker as a side trip). Once I'll finish this run I think I'll be ready for a new full saga no-reload run (most likely with Priest of Eothas in PoE following Priest of Eothas/Blood Mage in Deadfire this time).

Edited by Serg BlackStrider
  • Like 1

Yes, for sure! I was intending to start posting this new documented full saga run all in this thread (without creating or waiting for separate Deadfire one) right after finishing the full exploration of Deadfire. I'm already familair with nearly all Deadfire content including all DLC - for my very first character graduated from PoE, whom I made Ranger (Arcane Archer)/ Druid (Animist) Beastmaster multiclass, all that remains there is to choose a faction to follow (or move alone) and take a final voyage to Ukaizo (final boss). I was hesitant which faction to choose (they are all kind of "gray" and I can barely justify any of those on the RP grounds) so put that run on hold and start another character to study a class combo which is able to "regenerate" their limited per-encounter abilities (very important for those extremely wicked mega bosses or long SSS arena fights...) - Cipher (Psion)/Wizard (Blood Mage). Cipher (Psion) generate focus passively over time and Blood Mage gain Blood Sacrifice ability to restore a spell level applying a variable raw damage to self and gain passive health regeneration. And finally my current character based again on Gloomy Face - Druid (Lifegiver) / Wizard (Blood Mage) on Trial of Iron. I'm quite fond of Blood Mage subclass but while Lifegiver Druid is a capable healer, druids in general are much less fun in Deadfire compared to PoE in my opinion. That's why I want to run Priest of Eothas/Blood Mage as my next character. Priest of Eothas is a closest to RL myself on terms of favored/condemned dispositions and Blood Mage is just strong. And last but not least, as you might already be well aware, Cleric/Illusionist is my core alter-ego in Baldur's Gate universe.

So the character is pretty much set. All that remains is to finish my current run, which (considering I'm also running Pathfinder: Kingmaker in background) might take a while. Or I might start immediately alongside with you when you'll be ready to share your rogue and finish my current run in background.

Edited by Serg BlackStrider
  • Like 1

Welcome back Alesia! I'm glad to see there's still some activity here, I was beginning to think I was on my own. I am a bit behind on updates from where I would like to be, and I think my quality leaves a lot to be desired too; but, the only way to improve is to practice right? Should have another update out soon, and can't wait to see some more runs from the pros!

• Like 1

The first matter to attend to was to show a local strongarm that that kind of behaviour would not be tolerated. From there, a mother-to-be seemed to have a pressing concern which Elanna felt indebted to resolve. On the way to find Ranga, the trio managed to get slightly lost, and ended up helping cover up for a group of townsfolk down on their luck, being harassed by a bourgeoisie merchant. She hated to tell a lie, but couldn’t stand to see people run into the ground.

The trio had no problems in completing Ranga’s requests and returned successfully to Aufra to give her the placebo potion. This time Elanna couldn’t abide a lie, even in good cause. Aufra took the news well and thanked them nonetheless.

Mu95I1X.jpg

The trio then proceeded north to Valewood to investigate reports of some dangerous animal activity. It was here they discovered Nonton’s treachery. When confronted, the couple admitted all, and were thus granted redemption.

GRLiYlE.jpg

The last small task remaining outstanding was the matter of a smith’s missing shipment somewhere on the road. Elanna and her friends managed to track it down to a bandit group in Black Meadow. Sneaking upon them in the dead of night the party judged them too dangerous to take head on, but vowed to return and mete out justice once they were able. It would have to be enough just to get the smith his supplies for now.

h3Hvu4y.jpg

Finally, feeling slightly more accomplished and worldly (and felling the good will of Gilded Vale on their side) Elanna and Eder decided it was time to pay homage to their god. Descending into the Temple of Eothas Elanna was aghast. The temple had been overrun by foul creatures and spirits. A man at the entrance claimed that the priests of the temple remained trapped below in need of a proper burial.

8gojVtt.jpg

The upper levels were cleared without incident and Elanna and her company proceeded to the lower levels with confidence.

9EyC06p.jpgAn6V81B.jpg

Such confidence soon proved to be unwarranted as the small band was accosted by a large group of spirits and oozes, and nearly met their demise. Eder was the first to fall, being laid low by a spirit with an icy touch who slowed his movement almost to a standstill. Aloth was the next to succumb when all attention was focused on him.

MMZYqsX.jpg

It was only after making a tactical retreat that Elanna was able to finish off the monster piecemeal and revive her two new friends.

1K8Muui.jpg

In return for their sacrifices the party were rewarded with an artefact of Eothas himself, which Elanna looked forward to carrying into battle. Just as rewarding was collecting the defiled remains of her  fellow priests and consecrating providing them with a proper burial, and hopefully a final rest.

Edited by Concrete Monster
Images not working.
  • Like 2

Is anyone else having problems seeing my images? I followed the instructions posted by Serg back a ways in the thread and it worked fine for the first post, but my last two don't seem to have worked for some reason...

Edit: Fixed!

Edited by Concrete Monster

Welcome, welcome, welcome, Concrete Monster! I'm glad to see you posting! I'm sorry I wasn't around to greet you when you entered the challenge. Also, please accept my apologies for the response delay to your recent post. It's good to meet you and it's good to see people active.

Best of luck to Elanna! A Priest of Eothas is a compelling choice from an RP perspective, in my opinion. I look forward to future updates,

Best,

A.

PS: I'm almost ready to start posting on my solo rogue. I'll likely start today or tomorrow!

• Like 1