[3.1] Perplexing Sap confuses everyone

thelee

Question

Don't know if this is a bug, but while reading the description for something I wondered if this was intended behavior.

Basically - the description implies that any enemies affected by the target you confused with perplexing sap end up becoming confused.  However, one of the tricks about confusion is that it makes all targeting affect friend and foe, which includes perplexing sap's effect; this means that anytime I use perplexing sap on like e.g. a wizard or a barbarian, basically everyone (including myself) ends up confused. I thought this was intended (in a sort of The Dark Knight's "some men just want to watch the world burn" kind of battlefield insanity way), but the description makes me think that maybe you folks actually just wanted perplexing sap in such a situation to just affect the enemies.

Am not near a gaming PC so cannot provide a save file or output_log, but is easily reproducible with any character with perplexing sap.

3 answers to this question

Heya thelee!

We've got an issue in our system at the moment that details some of the problems with Perplexing Sap. I've gone ahead and added the information you provided here, as well as a link to this post to that issue =)

Thanks for being so active on the forums!

• Like 1

I try my very best.

On 11/1/2018 at 5:23 PM, aartz said:

Heya thelee!

We've got an issue in our system at the moment that details some of the problems with Perplexing Sap. I've gone ahead and added the information you provided here, as well as a link to this post to that issue 😃

Thanks for being so active on the forums!

we are now in 2020, the game is on PS4 and XBOX, and Perplexing SAP is still not FIXED !!

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...