[Feedback] Fire and Moon Godlike racials should scale with PL

AndreaColombo

Question

Silver Tide (the Moon Godlike racial) and Battle-Forged (one of the two Fire Godlike racials) do not currently scale with anything. This way, the puny amount of damage dealt by Battle-Forged and the negligible amount of healing provided by Silver Tide stop being useful soon after leaving Port Maje—and in fact aren't much to write home about before then either.

Making these abilities scale with Power Level would help keep them useful throughout the game.

As a side note, aren't all Godlike supposed to have two racial abilities to make up for the lack of an helm slot? Moon Godlike only have one.

• Like 7

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

8 answers to this question

The Godlike powers aren't particularly impressive in Deadfire.

In a perfect world, playing a Death Godlike would give you a huge social handicap (like playing a Nosferatu in Vampire: The Masquerade), but then you'd get some kind of awesome power to make up for that.

• Like 2

The battle forged damage actually scales with tankiness, because you can be hit more times :). But I agree, some kind of scaling would be good, but I don't think it should be as effective as in poe1... at least in my opinion these abilites were scaling too well there.

Hey everyone!

Feel free to keep posting about this.  I just wanted to let you all know, I put a report in and assigned it to the Systems Design team to look at and investigate to see if they want to do something about it.

Thanks as always!

• Like 2