You know what, I did notice that I entered the dig-site at level 4 for everyone. I've played the opening act on PotD pre-3.1 enough to know that I should hit the digsite with everyone at level 3, and then I only hit level 4 after clearing the main enemies and killing some skeletons in one of the side-areas (not the main quest dungeon), and then my hirelings don't hit level 4 until after getting to the adra at the dig site. So XP-wise something did get boosted.

I don't know how to make sense of the combat log in your screenshot, though.

Edited by thelee

It was bug most likely. On another rushed play trough first island it was ok (10k exp in digsite). After 3.1 I've run into few, mostly during dualwielding (hitting with one weapon all the time or sometimes  full attack during soul anihilation) but one with VTC questline. If  I speak with Vektor before reaching Nekataka, Alvari won't give me quest about Poko Kohara and Castol wont spawn after restoring adra there. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

So I definitely feel like I'm leveling faster, and I think I finally captured a screenshot that explains what's going on:

post-58316-0-70076800-1541280904_thumb.png

Note how I am "125%" complete with quest. I think some final quest experience is getting rewarded a second time. Going to go report this.

• Like 3

Is it supposed to be part of the quest? For example: 25% complete because you had done 75% before?

I... Don't see how that math works. And it was "125% complete" not "25% complete"

What I mean is: is it stating how much of the quest has been completed? For example, speak with an npc and you "finish" 25% of the quest, gaining 25% of the total xp. Go to a location and you go to 50%. Get an item, 75%. Go back to the npc and it's 100%.

Otherwise, why even have a % of the complete quest?

Maybe it's calculating wrongly, giving you all the xp again?

sign.jpg

Is it supposed to be part of the quest? For example: 25% complete because you had done 75% before?

I... Don't see how that math works. And it was "125% complete" not "25% complete"

What I mean is: is it stating how much of the quest has been completed? For example, speak with an npc and you "finish" 25% of the quest, gaining 25% of the total xp. Go to a location and you go to 50%. Get an item, 75%. Go back to the npc and it's 100%.

Otherwise, why even have a % of the complete quest?

Maybe it's calculating wrongly, giving you all the xp again?

I'm still not following. But regardless of anyone's interpretation, "125%" complete quest seems not correct. Quest completion should stop at 100%. (If you look at my screenshot you can see behind the hover tooltip there's an identical quest experience reward entry a few lines up. That one shoudl say "100% complete")

I'm trying to understand what that 125% is. Or 100% if that is what it should be shown there.

I imagine it is the % of the quest that is completed, which would be related to the % of the total quest xp we receive.

If that is the case, then it should never go above 100% and my guess is that it was counted again. For example, you received 50% before and instead of getting another 50% when you finished the quest, you received 75%.

sign.jpg