Does the +2 Fire Power Level from Magran's Favor (weapon) increase Burn Lashes? Does it increase the damage from Fire Shield/Greater Fire Shield enchantment (or the bash damage) from Magran's Blessing (shield). Does it increase burn damage from the Battle Forged Fire Godlike racial?

I'm on my phone so it's hard to find it. I know it sounds crazy but I'm trying to build a Fire Godlike with increases to Fire Power levels. Any recommended class? I was thinking Paladin with Magran's sword and shield since FoD and such have Fire keywords. Open to any ideas you have. :)

Magran has no sward as far as I know. You mean Magran's Favor the battle axe I presume.

All those burn retaliations are

a) no lashes but direct base damage

b) don't scale with char nor Power Level

At least if that didn't get changed in the latest patch (didn't read about that, but who knows?).

That makes them ok in the early game and extremely ugh later on. You can upgrade Magran's Blessing's Fire Shield to Greater Fire Shield but it's still not good. Purifying Flame is nice though.

On the other hand Flames of Devotion does profit from Power Levels. +5% base damage per PL. Burn-only Fire PLs do count! So the best setup for FoD is Magran's Favor + Sun and Moon. They can give you +4 Fire PL which will increase your FoD strikes by +20% (multiplicative). That is pretty awesome. My pick would be Streetfighter/Goldpact because you would be sturdy but would also dish out a lot of damage with FoD: raised base dmg * (1 + 1.qualityEnchantmentBonus + 1.MIGbonus + 1.SneakAttackBonus) * lash dmg is pretty sick. THe burn retaliations would come as a bonus. 

I did not check if those effects trigger Avenging Storm. Hm...    

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Did a quick test:

The Fire Shield of Magran's Blessing does trigger Avenging Storm. Battle Forged does NOT.

So usually when this is up it means that an attacks will get hit four times when he hits you (assuming you don't miss with the retaliations):

- normal Avenging Storm retaliation

- Fire Shield ret.

- Avenging Storm triggered by the Fire Shield ret. attack

- Battle Forged

And Battle Forged still doesn't scale... So it's still complete crap. Excuse my French.

No I would like to test other forms of retalations and check if they work with Avenging Storm. :) Then I would maybe build something sick around retalations + Heaven's Cacophony or scrolls of Avenging Storm (although I hate scrolls, so maybe Cacophony). Maybe a Wizard with Combusting Wounds and all those retalation spells (Flame Shield, Zandethu's Drconic Fury, Minoletta's Piercing Sigil, Cloak of Death). But I suspect Avenging Storm only works with the shield and not with spell indiced rets. But I'll see...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Further testing:

Flame Shield from wizard doesn't trigger Avenging Storm.

Ragged Cloak's raw ret. doesn't trigger Av. Storm.

Nothing but Magran's Blessing seems to so far. But Fire Shield + Flame Shield stack. That's kind of nice in combo with Combusting Wounds. So I guess a Fire Godlike Wizard/something with Magran's Blessing and Flame Shield etc. + Patinated Plate + Combusting Wounds and not too much deflection (rets don't get triggered on graze) could be cool. 

Wait.. it seems that Piercing Sigil suppresses Fire Shield and Flame Shield. Arrrgh!

Edit: Ha! If you cast Piercing Sigil first (with a different weapon set) and then switch to Magran's Blessing and then cast Flame Shield you can keep up all of the retaliations. Weird. But cool. 

Edit2: Tested it with a crazy high AR SC wizard and actually it's pretty great. :) Some heavy armored Wizard/something Fire Godlike based on ret can work (with the help of Combusting Wounds).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

On the other hand Flames of Devotion does profit from Power Levels. +5% base damage per PL. Burn-only Fire PLs do count! So the best setup for FoD is Magran's Favor + Sun and Moon. They can give you +4 Fire PL which will increase your FoD strikes by +20% (multiplicative). That is pretty awesome. My pick would be Streetfighter/Goldpact because you would be sturdy but would also dish out a lot of damage with FoD: raised base dmg * (1 + 1.qualityEnchantmentBonus + 1.MIGbonus + 1.SneakAttackBonus) * lash dmg is pretty sick. THe burn retaliations would come as a bonus. 

When you're using FoD with dual wielding while in stealth/invisible, does the off-hand attack benefit from back stab or assassin's unique ability? I vaguely remember the first attack with your main-hand clears the invisible/stealth status. But I'm not sure.

When you're using FoD with dual wielding while in stealth/invisible, does the off-hand attack benefit from back stab or assassin's unique ability? I vaguely remember the first attack with your main-hand clears the invisible/stealth status. But I'm not sure.

Backstab only applies to the first attack because it breaks stealth. The second one (bash in this case) will be done without Backstab bonus.

The only exception is Vanishing Strikes - because it makes you invisible right again after the first attack so the second one can benefit again (and make you invisible as well). 

• Like 1