Hero or villain, saviour or conqueror... you alone

Is it just me or did anyone else feel that their actions had no real consequences?

With the exception of kashyyyk (sp?), your actions on the planets had no obvious effects in the game. When i first read about manaan (sp?) i thought that your actions their would lead to a blood bath between the Republic and the Sith, i know you get to slaughter the sith in the base but if you were on the DS i would have like to start a battle between the Sith, Republic and the Selkath. If you were LS you could have maintained the peace. This is probably just me.

But my point is that you were not regocnised for your actions, good or bad. For example, you become the Taris swoop champion (which if it is such an important event must be televised, or what ever the sw version is) so why aren't you recognised at the other swoop tracks. This maybe not the best example but my point is, it is only at the very end of the game where you see the consequences of your actions.

But from what i have read so far this should be different in K2.

Does anyone else agree with me or am i just a sad post-1139-1093714630.gif

*flame-proof suit on standby*

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Is it just me or did anyone else feel that their actions had no real consequences?

With the exception of kashyyyk (sp?), your actions on the planets had no obvious effects in the game. When i first read about manaan (sp?) i thought that your actions their would lead to a blood bath between the Republic and the Sith, i know you get to slaughter the sith in the base but if you were on the DS i would have like to start a battle between the Sith, Republic and the Selkath. If you were LS you could have maintained the peace. This is probably just me.

But my point is that you were not regocnised for your actions, good or bad. For example, you become the Taris swoop champion (which if it is such an important event must be televised, or what ever the sw version is) so why aren't you recognised at the other swoop tracks. This maybe not the best example but my point is, it is only at the very end of the game where you see the consequences of your actions.

But from what i have read so far this should be different in K2.

Does anyone else agree with me or am i just a sad post-1139-1093714630.gif

*flame-proof suit on standby*

Totally agree with you. B)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Well, I can answer one part of that. You werent recognized as the Taris swoop champion because most people on the planet died.

And I agree with you.

I know that is the reason given but come on the Taris circuit is supposed to be the biggest an most important, surely some news would have made it out b4 Taris was destroyed.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Well, NOT exactly *agree*...but close, howeer You are recognised on Taris by the crowd in the bar after your duels and the rumour of your fight vs. Bendiak is recognized by at least one shopkeeper. Of course when Taris is destroyed so is your track record apparently...guess they don't have or use inter-planar-net in this galaxy - anywhere.

However, all of those cases where you manage to pinpoint the Sith as the great villain on Manaan should at least remove them from the streets or otherwise make their visible number dwindle, as they are being scorned or whatever, but they don't, do they(?).

Think I've blown about 50 sith fighters out of space, before hyper-jump, but there's no renown or combat rating involved. A bit lame, but it's apparently just a mini-game like everything else that isn't really story related. No elite Pazaak competitions f.x. and no entanglement with the story. If you go to Korriban after your Revan revelation there are a few nice twists, but it doesnt really make any visible lasting effect i.e. you don't get to lord the academy or see anything really evolve.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Well, NOT exactly *agree*...but close, howeer You are recognised on Taris by the crowd in the bar after your duels and the rumour of your fight vs. Bendiak is recognized by at least one shopkeeper.  Of course when Taris is destroyed so is your track record apparently...guess they don't have or use inter-planar-net in this galaxy - anywhere.

However,  all of those cases where you manage to pinpoint the Sith as the great villain on Manaan should at least remove them from the streets or otherwise make their visible number dwindle, as they are being scorned or whatever, but they don't, do they(?).

Think I've blown about 50 sith fighters out of space, before hyper-jump, but there's no renown or combat rating involved. A bit lame, but it's apparently just a mini-game like everything else that isn't really story related. No elite Pazaak competitions f.x. and no entanglement with the story.  If you go to Korriban after your Revan revelation there are a few nice twists, but it doesnt really make any visible lasting effect i.e. you don't get to lord the academy or see anything really evolve.

Amen :p And those are issues I REALLY hope are ironed out for TSL!

I totally agree with you Sun Tzu.

BTW I like your smilies  :p

Thanks.

Hopefully Obsidian have made efforts to correct this. post-1139-1093721972.gif

No transmissions make it off Taris because its under blockade by the Sith. That means nothing goes out till Bastila is caught. This includes all transmissions off planet to prevent Bastila or any surviving republic soldiers from contacting anyone. But more recognition/consequences are always good.

The main quest was simply to find the Star Maps -the rest didn't have any necessary connection with whatever it was required for you to get to the Star-Map-Location on that planet. What made it even simpler was that you absolutely knew, landing on each planet, that there was definitely a Star Map somewhere, and that solving a few adventures would take you *directly* to it. So side quests, which is what made the game interesting, were literally 'side'-interests which felt like add-ons, and not elements in the logical unfolding of the story. I think that may be the only serious shortcoming of how Kotor played; and I'm quite hopeful that the new game will unfold in a much more intricate manner, taking more of the character's actions into consideration.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Good points you have there Sun Tzu. Hopefully the devs had this in mind as they designed the game. I did think it was rather stupid nothing happened to the Sith at Manaan. But then again, the fish blokes did say they wanted to remain neutral as long as possible.

I remember reading on the official website that your actions would lead to you being recognised but this never really happened. It says:

"People that you meet in the game will start to react to things that you've done, and you can become famous (or infamous) for certain things. We take this to greater and greater extremes as you approach the end of the game, so that ultimately your actions will have a massive impact on the galaxy and the fate of the Republic."

But apart from Taris where does this happen? post-1139-1093728113.gif

I remember reading on the official website that your actions would lead to you being recognised but this never really happened. It says:

"People that you meet in the game will start to react to things that you've done, and you can become famous (or infamous) for certain things. We take this to greater and greater extremes as you approach the end of the game, so that ultimately your actions will have a massive impact on the galaxy and the fate of the Republic."

Well, all of those people in your little party are also 'People that you've met' and they do actually react to the things you do, personally regarding their own side quests, some people you meet and generally regarding your LS/DS shifts and the Bastila rescue. Some of the loyalty checks from a DS perspective does have some extreme results on your little team and the fate of the galaxy, unfortunately it doesnt spread beyond each area or unto non-team members. And it is quite superfical... Better stop before I start repeating my previous post.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Well, all of those people in your little party are also 'People that you've met' and they do actually react to the things you do, personally regarding their own side quests, some people you meet and generally regarding your LS/DS shifts and the Bastila rescue. Some of the loyalty checks from a DS perspective does have some extreme results on your little team and the fate of the galaxy, unfortunately it doesnt spread beyond each area or unto non-team members. And it is quite superfical... Better stop before I start repeating my previous post.

That was most useful. post-1139-1093733854.gif

Well, you can ignite a bloodbath in Onderon, but you were recognized in KotOR I by the seller of "premium items" as the one who helped the wookiee rebellion and so on. (Manaan Sith Base, Korriban Academy, were some others I think) And people, like Sith and the Exchange also recognize your choices.

Well, you can ignite a bloodbath in Onderon, but you were recognized in KotOR I by the seller of "premium items" as the one who helped the wookiee rebellion and so on. (Manaan Sith Base, Korriban Academy, were some others I think) And people, like Sith and the Exchange also recognize your choices.

Ah yes, i believe that the most common 1 was 'Lord Malak was most displeased when u escaped Taris alive!'. Which was followed by post-1139-1093798769.gif and that was the end of that.

If you slaughter the Sith on Korriban early in the game and talk to the Czerka reps and employees on other planets, they mention that something strange is going on with the sith on Korriban and give their opinions on the matter. But other than that, people are fairly oblivious to you, even after the winning swoop races on Tatooine and Maanaan and escaping from the Leviathan.

• 3 weeks later...

I told 1000 times already that KOTOR doesn't have real choices it's an illusion.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.