Unload Duty

Rolandur

Question

So, I forget to go sell to a merchant constantly and can sometimes overload my characters Stash with weapons/armor and once it reaches 5 pages things start to get bad.

There's a minor Quick Save duration for every page of stuff -- which makes sense, more stuff to save -- but the real problem is unloading all the items at a merchant once you hit 6 pages (which I had 18 last night; oh gawd!). I think I could sell one (1) item to the merchant every 3 seconds, at best. So is there anything that can be done about this. Selling 18 pages of weapons last night, not even including all other filters, took me just over an hour. I'd like to cut that time-to-sell down to 2 minutes at the most.

Bug or is this A Just-the-way-it-is,-you-know-unity-and-how-sassy-she-can-be problem?

Edited by Rolandur

8 answers to this question

hm, thats weird. Acknowledged, that that Mouseinteraction on active InventoryGUI isnt the snappiest in PoE, your described scenario sounds very weird. Ok, havent tried more than 4 pages yet, so maybe the 6 pages mark some critical threshold as i interprete your post, but at least for less pages shift-clicking all items in a row from stash to vendor ui works quite fast and im done in less a minute and thats on a gaming-potato machine. 

• Like 1

so maybe the 6 pages mark some critical threshold

Affirmative. 5-6 pages is the threshold that degradation begins to become apparent. From there it's exponential for every page more of junk you collect [and forget to sell].

would be intereresting to check if its machine spec based (Ramsize / kind of massstorage (hdd/ssd/nvme/ramdisk) / etc) or pure codebased. i already saw some quite stupid limititations in the code for other things. 

have you tried hard/softlinking the tmp/temp and temporal saves folder to ramdrive?

860 Evo SSD (drivers up to date), 16GB Ram (XMP enabled, moderate OC), Sniper z97 MoBo (chipset up to date), i7 4790, GTX 1070. CPU Temp runs about 45c and Graphic card around 55c in this game.

Thats faar away of any critical component. Thought maybe if ram is at or below 4gb there may be some enhanced swapping occuring. but the slowdown seems definitely caused by some software quirks. maybe someone knows where responsible methods are located and we can have a peek into.

Surely, someone out there somewhere has forgot to sell for 6+ pages of [junk] weapons. Hell, just do the first 3 levels of the endless paths and that should get 5 or more right there.... then keep on forgetting to sell for a few more levels. I think I did most of endless paths then over to the Dyrford Ruins (and beyond) before I remembered "Hey, I should probably sell." at 18 pages. =)