Looking for some fun and interesting Chanter-Trubadour builds for POTD. 

I am rather torn between support/summon/offensive casting.

Party builds to complement this would be great as well (from companions Serafen and Maia can be considered  Witch & Scout)

Ideas ? :)

P.S.

If it's full on support, like dex/resolve immunities from casts + some summons here and there so party doesn't get pummeled within first 5 sec, then I would welcome info about what chants/phrases complement nicely builds of other party members.

Also, 50% longer linger or faster chants? What do you think?

P.P.S.

Any cool Phrases combos? I see some phrases are supposed to last 20s on allies like They Shielded Their Eyes 'Gainst the Fampyr's Sight, but it doesn't give allies 20s buff like it says. Any ideas? (I got 20int)

Edited by Killyox

Hi :)

First of all, I think, It's better to go multi-chanter in your case, as 1. Single chanter has no significant advantages as for me 2. Chanter is somewhat passive in its playstyle, so combining it with another class is a great opportunity to make your MC do something else. And perhaps the only reason to go single is Slay the beast chant for thee SSS

If you want to go full support, there are at least 2 good variants:

- Something like the healing wall build: use Ancient Memory+Mercy and Kindness (Brisk recitation is off, so the chants could fully overlap with your 20 Int) for heal and a good option to multicalss with druid, priest or paladin

- Summoner going like skeletons-Wyrms-Ogres-Summoned Weapons plus any class you want, as summoning does not really depend on your character stats. For example Herald (chanter-paladin) is a super tank-support-summoner character.

About the other variants

- Offensive chanter spells are not so great right now, as the Senen Nights has been nerfed

- Other support chants and invocations seem to be mediocre

First of all, I think, It's better to go multi-chanter in your case, as 1. Single chanter has no significant advantages as for me

Oh, that may be a mistake.

Only single class chanters can get Eld Nary and Eld Nary is very, very good in itself but even better when empowered. It scales wickeldly well with Power Levels. Add Stone of Power, be a Nature Godlike and pick Prestige + Empower and you might wipe most encounters.

Chanters can use Sash's Singing Scimitar to get back the Empower Point they spend on an invocation (and get back 3 phrases as well). That means you'll get an empowered invocation once per encounter without spending an empower point.

This also works for multiclass chanters of course and the get the Eld Nary base invoation, but only single class ones get access to Eld Nary's Curse which adds a ton of jumps to the invication.  I mean besides getting all invocations a lot earlier of course.

Here's a video of a SC Troubadour using Eld Nary's Curse:

Also SC CHanter (Beckoner) will have earlyier access to double Instruments of Death and later the upgrade Song of Carnage  - and those are really, really good. 

A nice invocation that  works very well for offense is Evil turned Away from the Sun because for some reason it does the same dmg on graze as on hit because the dmg is fixed. It's great vs. hard to hit targets.

Another good invocation which gets overlooked often is The Thunder Rolled like Waves because it targets Reflex but lowers Fortitude. And that's a rare thing. You can crack the defense of high fortitude enemies with it quite easily. Especially with its upgrade that grants an ACC bonus.

If you want to do a really mean thing then play a Beckoner and summon Ancient Brittle Bones skeletons. Then grab Grave Calling, enchant with Chillfog on vessel kill and kill your own skeletons. Every dead skeleton will trigger a foe-only Chillfog  and span two other skeletons which can also trigger those chillfogs. It gets really funny if add Many Lives pass by as a phrase. You'll just kill everything with Chillfogs.

You can do the sane with your phantoms or Will'o Whisps, Hel Beckoning and Noxious Burst. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hi :)

First of all, I think, It's better to go multi-chanter in your case, as 1. Single chanter has no significant advantages as for me 2. Chanter is somewhat passive in its playstyle, so combining it with another class is a great opportunity to make your MC do something else. And perhaps the only reason to go single is Slay the beast chant for thee SSS

If you want to go full support, there are at least 2 good variants:

- Something like the healing wall build: use Ancient Memory+Mercy and Kindness (Brisk recitation is off, so the chants could fully overlap with your 20 Int) for heal and a good option to multicalss with druid, priest or paladin

- Summoner going like skeletons-Wyrms-Ogres-Summoned Weapons plus any class you want, as summoning does not really depend on your character stats. For example Herald (chanter-paladin) is a super tank-support-summoner character.

About the other variants

- Offensive chanter spells are not so great right now, as the Senen Nights has been nerfed

- Other support chants and invocations seem to be mediocre

My 1st playthrough was as Paladin/Troubadour (Herald) Nature Godlike, so I wanted to go singleclass route and scratch my support itch I have been having for a while now :)

So far I found dex afflic removal/immunity and Resolve afflic removal/immunity + heal + dmg spells decent. However, it seems summons at lvl 10 in 3.1 are much needed. I also picked skeletons during creatin and I kinda feel they suck. Mostly due to their short duration. Also, have no idea if it's better to go for passives or actives.

First of all, I think, It's better to go multi-chanter in your case, as 1. Single chanter has no significant advantages as for me

Only single class chanters can get Eld Nary and Eld Nary is very, very good in itself but even better when empowered. It scales wickeldly well with Power Levels. Add Stone of Power, be a Nature Godlike and pick Prestige + Empower and you might wipe most encounters.

Chanters can use Sash's Singing Scimitar to get back the Empower Point they spend on an invocation (and get back 3 phrases as well). That means you'll get an empowered invocation once per encounter without spending an empower point.

This also works for multiclass chanters of course and the get the Eld Nary base invoation, but only single class ones get access to Eld Nary's Curse which adds a ton of jumps to the invication.  I mean besides getting all invocations a lot earlier of course.

Also SC CHanter (Beckoner) will have earlyier access to double Instruments of Death and later the upgrade Song of Carnage  - and those are really, really good. 

A nice invocation that  works very well for offense is Evil turned Away from the Sun because for some reason it does the same dmg on graze as on hit because the dmg is fixed. It's great vs. hard to hit targets.

Another good invocation which gets overlooked often is The Thunder Rolled like Waves because it targets Reflex but lowers Fortitude. And that's a rare thing. You can crack the defense of high fortitude enemies with it quite easily. Especially with its upgrade that grants an ACC bonus.

If you want to do a really mean thing then play a Beckoner and summon Ancient Brittle Bones skeletons. Then grab Grave Calling, enchant with Chillfog on vessel kill and kill your own skeletons. Every dead skeleton will trigger a foe-only Chillfog  and span two other skeletons which can also trigger those chillfogs. It gets really funny if add Many Lives pass by as a phrase. You'll just kill everything with Chillfogs.

You can do the sane with your phantoms or Will'o Whisps, Hel Beckoning and Noxious Burst. 

Is Eld Nary better kwith Troubadour or Skald? Using Sash's Singing Scimitar and upgraded it to refund all phrases when using empowered chant. Is there a way to change it? I figured I beat POTD the first time without almost ever using empowered and even then I could just rest.

What's the underlined/bolded part?

Atm I have a lvl 10 Troubadour and I am looking for fun ways to make him and supplement the rest of the party (going for principi route).

Isn't Troubadour worse for offensive casting than a skald? (PS any cool Konstanten builds or serafen Witch Builds?)

Edited by Killyox

Troubadour with Brisk Recitation will be able to cast Eld Nary more often/sooner - but then you can't run two parallel chants without a gap (Brisk Recitation off). Anyways I like to use Many Lives pass by with Brisk Recitation because it's just awesome. Or simply Ancient Memory. So for me it would be Troubadour.

Skald's phrase generation through crits is too unreliable for my taste. If you make use of Killers Froze Stiff al lot it's ok as a SC Skald, but still the Troubadour works better for me.

edit: Jeez - those typos today, man...

Edited by Boeroer

*Takes extrensive notes* :)

sign.jpg

Troubadour with Brisk Recitation will be able to cast Eld Nary more often/sooner - but then you can't run two parallel chants without a gap (Brisk Recitation off). Anyways I like to use Many Lives pass by with Brisk Recitation because it's just awesome. Or simply Ancient Memory. So for me it would be Troubadour.

Skald's phrase generation through crits is too unreliable for my taste. If you make use of Killers Froze Stiff al lot it's ok as a SC Skald, but still the Troubadour works better for me.

edit: Jeez - those typos today, man...

MAde lvl 19 party once for lols. 5x Troubadour with Many lives and Brisk Recitation. That was quite honestly one of the most hilarious things :)

Yes, I did read that right. I don't agree that it's hardly interesting. At least not in general. Of course you can build a strong but boring chanter. But you can do so with most classes.

Edited by Boeroer

Not sure if it's boring. If build nicely, gives a lot of options. For example I have lifegiver sc druid. Tanglefoot in the middle of party + Dex afflictions immunity on party and they are immune. Same with Web and other effects. Can open a wide range of tactics that would normally be hostile to party or very detrimental. I am just tempted to make all chanter party at one poiunt for hilarity of it.

Fought that Bounty with many Ironclad golems - all red skulls - with some party members being injured before. I must say I seriously underestimated Skeletons from the Tier 1 chant (upgraded). If I didn't mess up I would've won. Basically I was able to tie last 2 golems for  the reminder of the fight and shoot them (kinda sucky with 17 armor but hey).

Edited by Killyox