Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[MECHANICS] Explosives

Mechanics Explosives

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

thelee

thelee

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1567 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Bring back the double cursor from Fallout.

Don't forget its right click menu, too!

Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • Steam:Yaz Mataz

Mmm... right-click menu... 

Archaven

Archaven

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1503 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Is it the same mechanics for other skill like alchemy? Arcana at least it is easy for me decide base on the scroll level I want to cast.

thelee

thelee

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1567 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is it the same mechanics for other skill like alchemy? Arcana at least it is easy for me decide base on the scroll level I want to cast.

Yes. https://forums.obsid...ilation-thread/

"Potions/drugs: are influenced by your Alchemy skill. Like scrolls, if you have any bonus to your power level (from items, potions, or whatnot), those also boost potion/drug power level. Nalpazca monks effectively have +10 PL for drugs, which generally means +50% duration with drugs. Pre-1.2, all potions/drugs got their effect boosted by your alchemy skill, but this scaling has been removed with 1.2. (So no more broken uses of Potion of Impediment.) Might, intellect, and perception have no effect on potions."

so potions/drugs get 1 PL bonus scaling (+5% damage/healing, +5% duration mostly) per point of alchemy.

Arcana also provides PL scaling to scrolls at half strength, so in addition to helping you meet minimum scroll requirements, it's still worth investing in arcana to make your scrolls all the more powerful. (In fact I would argue that this scaling is slightly broken, because at 15 arcana you are effectively able to cast spells like Tornado or Great Maelstrom with much higher PL scaling than you might otherwise if you were e.g. a druid.)

• Prince of Lies likes this

Archaven

Archaven

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1503 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I didn't use much potion or drugs. Deadeye seems to cap at +5 acc. Last time it used to scale with alchemy level

thelee

thelee

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1567 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I didn't use much potion or drugs. Deadeye seems to cap at +5 acc. Last time it used to scale with alchemy level

Yeah it got hit as part of a consumable-wide nerf in 1.2. Some of the items were frankly too good imo--my quote mentions Potion of Impediment and with a modest alchemy skill you could get >50% interrupt chance, which on a dual-wielder means you could completely lock out an enemy from doing anything relevant for the rest of the fight. Now it's locked at 30% which while not broken is still decent to use in fights.

Archaven

Archaven

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1503 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah it got hit as part of a consumable-wide nerf in 1.2. Some of the items were frankly too good imo--my quote mentions Potion of Impediment and with a modest alchemy skill you could get >50% interrupt chance, which on a dual-wielder means you could completely lock out an enemy from doing anything relevant for the rest of the fight. Now it's locked at 30% which while not broken is still decent to use in fights.
In my opinion, some of the proccing nerfs are really bad up to a point it makes no sense. If the end result is 50% proc chance is still fair. The issue in potd in my example all this stun lock or interrupt lock is non issue. The amount of mobs you face is astounding.

Yes even you can stun lock one enemy but you can't stun lock so many. In some fights there are so many mages and couple of priest. All of them hide behind tanks and DPSers.

I got status effects like crazy. Arcane dampened, immobilized, skyward kicked, petrified and nuked.

Even stun lock applies to carnage is non issue. It seems AI is smart enough to position them so that you hit just a few. And also, most nukers are scattered and positioned far apart even pull off eora doesn't cut it.

The map also can be designed so that there are no choke points

Edited by Archaven, 02 November 2018 - 09:13 PM.

thelee

thelee

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1567 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

In my opinion, some of the proccing nerfs are really bad up to a point it makes no sense. If the end result is 50% proc chance is still fair. The issue in potd in my example all this stun lock or interrupt lock is non issue. The amount of mobs you face is astounding.

Yes even you can stun lock one enemy but you can't stun lock so many. In some fights there are so many mages and couple of priest. All of them hide behind tanks and DPSers.

I got status effects like crazy. Arcane dampened, immobilized, skyward kicked, petrified and nuked.

Even stun lock applies to carnage is non issue. It seems AI is smart enough to position them so that you hit just a few. And also, most nukers are scattered and positioned far apart even pull off eora doesn't cut it.

The map also can be designed so that there are no choke points

it was less about general purpose interrupting, it was the fact that with the previous impediment scaling you could consistently interrupt when it really mattered i.e. repeatedly interrupting a boss

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mechanics, Explosives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users