Fridarey

Game freezes after viewing or manipulating inventory

Question

Hi all

I'm playing on Steam and have not been able to progress.

Occasionally while viewing/moving items in character inventory or reading/clicking stats and effects for characters the game will completely freeze without coming back. Sound still plays, and if I hit ESC or click outwith the inventory screen I get sound effects to indicate movement etc, but the visuals are stuck displaying whatever I was looking at (Inventory/Character sheet) without change. None of the visuals behind the info screen change either - the only thing indicating the game is registering input is the sound effects.

This has happened every session I've played and tonight was the longest I've played without crashing (I'm guessing something like 30 - 50 mins).

No crash log is generated but I've attached all the other files.

The only thing I've tried was turning off telemetry, but it crashed again after that.

Hope you can help, thanks.

Fridarey PoE2 Crash.zip

5 answers to this question

Reinstalled the game and updated Geforce drivers (running a 980). I played for about an hour or so and got the freeze again while levelling up Xoti.

It's never happened while moving characters around or fighting, only when a window like Inventory, Character sheet, Level-up etc is open.

I'm running fullscreen, if that matters. I'll try again windowed and see if that makes a difference but I really prefer to run games fullscreen.

It's a shame, I'm enjoying the mechanics, story and what little combat I've had so far but the constant threat of crash and the need to save all the time is disappointing.

Thanks for any help o/

OK no joy.

My last save was just before levelling up, and every time I reload (windowed/non-windowed/whatever) I freeze within the first few mins while mousing over text for new skills. Tried three times with the same results.

I bought the game 6 days ago and have crashed every single session - hopefully someone can advise anything else I can try.

Hello Fridarey,

I'm sorry you have been getting these freeze issues.  It is likely caused by the Cape of the Falling Star.  If you send me a copy of your save file I should be able to unequip it and get you back on your adventure as my computer does not run into this issue.  This is currently under investigation by the Programming team so that it'll get fixed, but in the meantime I should at least be able to get you going again by taking the cape off of your characters.  If needed, you can find instructions on where your save files are located here.  If you could send the save to me here or to support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread as a reference, that would be great!

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Thanks for the help, SChin.

I’ve mailed you the latest save file from a few days ago when I last tried to fix the problem.

Appreciate the effort, good luck!

• Like 1