Patch 3.1.0 seems to have messed up dual wielding

Hi, watch this:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106516-31-help-dual-wiedling-mechanic-maybe-bugs-help/

Is this only occasionally happening or is it a general problem with Patch 3.1.0?

Did nobody else in beta or now notice this?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah well. That is only your personal opinion - and the nerf only affects Full Attacks which were too strong anyway.

But this new behavior is very buggy. It prevents offhand weapons to hit entirely (and proc stuff) with auto-attacks while it overpowers certain weapon setups.

Sometimes it's even the offhand weapon that only gets to attack and the main hand weapon does nothing.

It's a big mess.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Yeah well. That is only your personal opionion - and the nerf only affects Full Attacks which were too strong anyway.

But this new behavior is very buggy. It prevents offhand weapons to hit entirely (and proc stuff) with auto-attacks while it overpowers certain weapon setups.

Sometimes it's even the offhand weapon that only gets to attack and the main hand weapon does nothing.

It's a big mess.

that sounds like a nightmare :/ ... there are still many bugs. some are very annoying and there's no resolution.

also recent patch make the text smaller for the active buffs and hostiles seems like a quick fix. in my opinion proper scaling should comes with menu scrolling? i'm not sure. but making the text super small doesn't cut it for me.

Hi, watch this:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106516-31-help-dual-wiedling-mechanic-maybe-bugs-help/

Is this only occasionally happening or is it a general problem with Patch 3.1.0?

Did nobody else in beta or now notice this?

I rolled a new character last night and played for ~40m. I didn't run into this issue--alternated weapons normally (had a rapier and a dagger and could tell by damage type in combat log what was happening). Is there something that triggered it for you in beta?

Edited by thelee

I'm not on beta and I didn't use beta. 3.1.0 is live with the master branch, it got downloaded, I continued my savegame and got this. I only realized this is happening because I read a bug report in the technical support forum and wanted to see if I can replicate it. Thing is I not only can, but there seems no way to fix it (for me). I didn't try to start a new game though.

I attached a savgame to the bug report. I hope they can figure out what's happening and if it's a gneral problem or only occurs with pre 3.1 saves (which wouldn't be too bad, but still annoying).

Edited by Boeroer

Yeah well. That is only your personal opionion - and the nerf only affects Full Attacks which were too strong anyway.

It's a big mess.

that sounds like a nightmare :/ ... there are still many bugs. some are very annoying and there's no resolution.

also recent patch make the text smaller for the active buffs and hostiles seems like a quick fix. in my opinion proper scaling should comes with menu scrolling? i'm not sure. but making the text super small doesn't cut it for me.

Yes it's a quick fix. But honestly the (cumulated) complains about this were quite fresh and I guess that was the only solution that could be done in such a short amount of time. So - better than nothing. :)

• Like 2

It's a big mess.

Yes it's a quick fix. But honestly the (cumulated) complains about this were quite fresh and I guess that was the only solution that could be done in such a short amount of time. So - better than nothing. :)

I play on my TV sitting several feet away, and the small text is harder to read. But "harder to read" is infinitely better than "impossible to read because it's literally off screen or behind other things."

Would still love a tyranny-style "fix tooltip and then scroll" option if they have the developer bandwidth.

• Like 2

It's a big mess.

I play on my TV sitting several feet away, and the small text is harder to read. But "harder to read" is infinitely better than "impossible to read because it's literally off screen or behind other things."

Would still love a tyranny-style "fix tooltip and then scroll" option if they have the developer bandwidth.

Not just the buffs and hostiles effect were blocked behind UI. the formation as well. not sure many people used that. the best is that if they allow us to resize the UI, drag the UI and even add scrolling for the buff/hostile window. that could probably be nice.

Nah I just started a new character and had Eder DWing, only his offhand swings when he is carrying St. Droga's Skull.  What  a mess lol  The offhand issue makes one of my characters really crappy.. I guess I am not playing again until this is fixed *grumbles*

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I had this as well. Aloth suddenly attacked with his fists although the weapons were still in his weapon slot in the UI.

My Watcher is even more awesome - he is able to shoot with no weapon in his hands. Equipped with the Red Hand he holds his hands as there were the arquebus in his hands, but there's nothing, although the animation of flash during the shot works properly, and the damage has no changes, just the image of the weapon seems to disapper.

The bug is triggered by conversations or level ups, as it seems to me and is cured just by unequip-equip.

Honestly perplexed how a bug like this could get introduced. What on earth were they changing that could mess up dual wield mechanics like this?? (Don't mind me, I just work in an industry that runs on test-driven development and regressions making it to production are extremely rare.) I'll just have to pay real close attention to both my games (pre-existing one from pre-3.1, new one i made for hylea's challenge)

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

It looks like patch didn't mess DW only. First I didn't receive quest from Alvari about Poko Kohara even after governor from Maje told me to ask about job in VTC. And after completion Storms of Poko Kohara Castol is not in his office. Guess I have to live without that animancer blade..

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Honestly perplexed how a bug like this could get introduced. What on earth were they changing that could mess up dual wield mechanics like this?? (Don't mind me, I just work in an industry that runs on test-driven development and regressions making it to production are extremely rare.) I'll just have to pay real close attention to both my games (pre-existing one from pre-3.1, new one i made for hylea's challenge)

Gaming industry seems pretty relaxed. In my servicing line, I'll get screwred big time for little issues or issues not related to me

Gaming industry seems pretty relaxed. In my servicing line, I'll get screwred big time for little issues or issues not related to me

I think it's not gaming industry seems relaxed,but obsidian's gaming industry seems pretty "relaxed".This kind of bug should be hotfixed ASAP.

I think it's not gaming industry seems relaxed,but obsidian's gaming industry seems pretty "relaxed".This kind of bug should be hotfixed ASAP.

Not to mention reoccurring bugs :(

I have been playing PoE2 since launch and the sheer severity of the bugs shocks me.

Just recently they reintroduced the Arkymer bug that was supposedly resolved months ago? That quest is a disgrace - in 5 playthroughs I could only finished it twice and one of those was bugged and I ended up having to kill everyone. I know Obsidian is trying but I will never buy one of their games inside of 1 yr of launch. It's simply unforgivable that there is a major bug WITH THE FINAL BOSS.

I really enjoy Deadfire. Even love it. But I'm not picking it back up until a few months after the final DLC.

Edited by Verde

I love Deadfire as well. The worst bug for me is the random neketaka encounter never gets triggered. I have never able to get the Griffin blade for all the new characters. It's just crazy. I'm already level 20. They just go silence without a single news.

The only way I can get it would be console in? And that's cheating to break achievement

I have been playing PoE2 since launch and the sheer severity of the bugs shocks me.

Just recently they reintroduced the Arkymer bug that was supposedly resolved months ago? That quest is a disgrace - in 5 playthroughs I could only finished it twice and one of those was bugged and I ended up having to kill everyone. I know Obsidian is trying but I will never buy one of their games inside of 1 yr of launch. It's simply unforgivable that there is a major bug WITH THE FINAL BOSS.

I really enjoy Deadfire. Even love it. But I'm not picking it back up until a few months after the final DLC.

what's the major bug?