I am waiting hard the forgotten sanctum DLC

I'm definitely hyped for it, the wait for this release seems longer than the first two- with BOW I didn't know what to expect and was apprehensive, with SSS a combat arena wasn't something I was particularly interested in. With this last one I know the DLC team does good stuff, and the content sounds cool.

If you haven't already, head to Marihi's Metalworks in the artisan district. There's a new character who'll get you excited for the next DLC in another way

• Like 1

Getting hyped is a sure way to end up being disappointed.

My 2 cents.

That's 2 cents very well spent. Expectation is a prison, as everybody should know by the time they reach the age of about 20.

That's a rather bleak outlook.. Bad experiences? I find high expectations are great. Especially if they're exceeded, which luckily happens often. Not with games thou, but then again, if a game sucks, it's just a game.

Getting hyped is a sure way to end up being disappointed.

My 2 cents.

That's 2 cents very well spent. Expectation is a prison, as everybody should know by the time they reach the age of about 20.

That's a rather bleak outlook.. Bad experiences? I find high expectations are great. Especially if they're exceeded, which luckily happens often. Not with games thou, but then again, if a game sucks, it's just a game.

Not bleak, just realistic. ;)

• Like 1

Wow. This thread took a dark turn.

We've already had 2 big DLCs, so I think we more or less know what we're getting into at this stage.

Yes, but what interest me is the fact they said the last will be Dungeon focused.

We've already had 2 big DLCs, so I think we more or less know what we're getting into at this stage.

Yes, but what interest me is the fact they said the last will be Dungeon focused.

Yeah, curious what form will it take. I wouldn't expect a straight up dungeon in style of old, or Caed Nua. In one of the streams when they said that they will be exploring "dungeon" area in 3rd DLC they mentioned Fort Deadlight as example. If we consider such dungeon than there are few already in the main game, though I would expect this one to me more robuts than what we already have in the main game. 

A multiplayers dungeon in style of Watcher's Keep or Durlag's Tower would be delightful, and it would be a nice space to take advantage of all the improvements made in previous DLC (memorable encounters with a gimmick, a wee bit more setpiece based storytelling, and in some cases freedom of approach from base game, supporting different character types). We will see what they will cook up, though. Maybe it will be one big sudoku puzzle. 

• Like 1

Yeah, curious what form will it take. I wouldn't expect a straight up dungeon in style of old, or Caed Nua. In one of the streams when they said that they will be exploring "dungeon" area in 3rd DLC they mentioned Fort Deadlight as example. If we consider such dungeon than there are few already in the main game, though I would expect this one to me more robuts than what we already have in the main game. 

A multiplayers dungeon in style of Watcher's Keep or Durlag's Tower would be delightful, and it would be a nice space to take advantage of all the improvements made in previous DLC (memorable encounters with a gimmick, a wee bit more setpiece based storytelling, and in some cases freedom of approach from base game, supporting different character types). We will see what they will cook up, though. Maybe it will be one big sudoku puzzle. 

You are wrong, one dev mentioned Fort Deadlight as example of the next DLC. Brandon Adler if im not wrong.

I agree that we should keep our expectations low, but sometimes I can't help it. In this case I'm expecting a dungeon a little bigger than Fort Deadlight. But I imagine it can be even bigger.

I also hope every member of the Circle is there in person, just in case I want to end my Assassin run in a fitting way. 8)

sign.jpg

I'm hoping for something fairly significantly bigger than Fort Deadlight if I'm honest. Multiple outcomes and non-violent paths are all well and good but I'd rather have more big dungeons since there's already plenty of dialogue quests in the main game. I hear "Fort Deadlight" and I think of how I tried to use the horn to lure Benweth out but the quest was bugged and I had to just walk into his room and kill him

They said it will be a big dungeon....the only thing the game lacks imho.

There are some cool dungeons in the game but they are short. I'm pretty hyped for this last DLC, it may be the missing piece.

Exactly the reason why I don't even read the announcements. They never rise up to one's expectations. Better to wait and have some fun with the stuff provided. Hype is never a good thing.

In one of the streams when they said that they will be exploring "dungeon" area in "the" 3rd DLC "and" they mentioned Fort Deadlight as example.

You are wrong, one dev mentioned Fort Deadlight as example of the next DLC. Brandon Adler if im not wrong.

...so, yes? (added missing words to me previous post to fix wonky grammar).

When Pillars 1 reached ~50,000 backers, they announced the Endless Paths with 3 subterranean levels:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/319868

For every additional 2,500 new backers, an additional level would be added.

They also included a new level for every 20,000 Facebook "likes".

By the end of the campaign, the original 50,000 backers had been joined by ~27,500 = 11 x 2,500 new backers. There were over 20,000 Facebook likes. This meant 11+1 levels were added to the original 3, for a total of 15 levels.

When Deadfire reached ~20,500 backers, they announced Fulvano's Voyage.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire/updates/256

For every additional 1,500 new backers, a new part of Fulvano's Voyage would be revealed.

By the end of the campaign, the original 20,500 backers had been joined by ~13,000 = ~8 x 1500 new backers.

(If we use the original formula of 2,500 backers = 1 level, we get 13,000 = ~5 x 2500.)

If Obsidian were to start with a "dungeon" like Fort Deadlight, it would have a top level, a main level, and 1 subterranean level.

Adding in an additional 8 levels, this would give a total of 9 subterranean levels.

(Or using the original formula and adding 5 new levels, this would give a total of 6 subterranean levels.)

I have no reason to think that Obsidian is using this formula, but it would be cool to have a dungeon that is 9 levels deep. Or even 6 levels. I think of Durlag's Tower, Dragon's Eye, Watcher's Keep...they were all 5-6 levels deep. :sorcerer:

Edited by glennjones130486