Whispers of the Endless Paths Damage Update?

ThisIsMerlin

Question

Good evening all,

Has there been an update to the Whispers of the Endless Paths damage? My understanding was that the Greatsword has the damage of a longsword but strikes twice upon hitting to compensate for this. However, I cannot see any evidence of this in the game log. Is this sword nerfed due to how easy it is to acquire if you played the original game/created a background story where you got both blades? Am I misinterpreting the data? Or is this a bug. I would like to get credit for being extremely perfectionist in the first game, but I do not want to waste time with a weapon that is nerfed if that is how it is designed. Does anyone know what the status of this is?

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

It has lower base dmg because it hits in a cone-shaped AoE (and transports afflictions with it). The initial implementation that let it hit the initial target twice (once with the initial attack roll and then a second time with the cone) was a bug and got removed - I think it was with the first patch after release.

So against single targets it's not that useful while it's very good with certain builds against mobs. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Sorry for the thread necro, but I'm trying to decide what to do. Is it fair to say that the reforged great sword is a situational weapon at best, and will be obsolete later in the game? And that therefore in general it's better to get the original swords reforged?