Enabling level scaling mid game

After starting my last run on POTD if forgot to enable level scaling (i was wondering about the low difficulty). I read a lot of comments regarding this after the game just came out (all claim: no, not possible). Was this patched in later? Does it work if you enable it mid game?

Edited by frogmoth

The game was too easy for me, so I cranked up the difficulty and enabled level scaling upwards, but I have to say that neither of these has seemed to have much effect. However, I cannot say whether it's because the game simply is way too easy or because changing the settings mid-game doesn't work. (I am at level 10 now, if that makes a difference.) Technically, the game definitely allows you to change this stuff mid-game.

Edited by xzar_monty

No. But apparently I should, given that even the difficulty level beneath it appears way too easy. This is disappointing, I must say.

After my first playthrough of PoE I on hard i swore to never play a Pillars game on any difficulty other than POTD. I was fairly certain they would not change there design philosphy in the next game and so far it seems i'm right.

POTD seems right so far. The combat system of PoE II has its problems, i won't go into the details (waiting till Pathfinder: Kingmaker is patched up to get another kind of experience in that regard), but i somehow made my peace with the game. It wasn't easy for me at first after all the, in my mind, stupid changes to the combat system.

(Btw, i could confirm that changing scaling midgame has indeed an effect and works as intended.)

Edited by frogmoth