Ok, I checked his abilities... The Corrosive Solvent ability allows him to remove 8s of the beneficial effect on crits with weapons... Symbiote attack covers you with black slime and creates new oozes when you move. And Corrosive Splash does AoE damage and lowers your corrode resistance by 2. Also the oozes can get a buff named Covalent Bond (50% attack speed and +5PL) - probably when two halves are close to each other.

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 2

So, #1 priority is to prevent it from critting you. If you can keep your buffs on, you don’t need to move and can shrug off the symbote attack.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I suppose the AoE dmg gets reduced by the Wall. Does it also help somehow against the Symbiote? Thanks for answering all the questions by the way. :)

Yes, the Symbiote is a ranged attack and the Wall is mandatory to tank his first form. (If you don't have Barring Death's Door anyway...)

• Like 1

Well, I just tested the fight out again using the Essence Interrupter, and once again Hauani o Whe did not split into smaller oozes after reaching 0 HP, rather, it turned into one Xaurip. I am not sure if this qualifies as a bug, as the Essence Interrupter is working as advertised, but at the same time it does seem to be reducing the challenge of this megaboss.

Edited by DozingDragon

Well, I just tested the fight out again using the Essence Interrupter, and once again Huani o Whe did not split into smaller oozes after reaching 0 HP, rather, it turned  into one Xaurip.  I am not sure if this qualifies as a bug, as the Essence Interrupter is working as advertised, but at the same time it does seem to be reducing the challenge of this megaboss.  

is there any special loot you miss out on by doing so? (or did they fix that bug with essence interrupter?)

Brand Enemy + Gouging Strike still works until those damn oozes merge together and heal up to full health xd

There is really no point in doing it without a achievement for more bb points. There should at least one for belranga in the game. Can not think, that there will be a combination of trial of iron and beat every mega boss solo xxd

When do they merge? If they stay near death for a while maybe marux amanth could kill one(x/assassin from stealth should be easiest to connect , don't remember what's the target for Sacrifice but opening with weapon modal should help if it's not a deflection)

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

After a little more testing it seems the oozes need to make contact in order to merge. Once an ooze reaches 50%hp it will try to find another ooze of the same size and merge with it. Also the oozes aren't stopped by any obstacles... With a party it shouldn't be difficult if you split in two groups and keep the oozes aggro-ed and out of sight of each other.

PS. When they become greater or lower they will try to merge instantly...

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 4

Anyone knows, if he can heal up a second time or does this only happen one time?

In my test he merged 3 times in a row, didn't try further...  ;)

Meh, than it's probably only possible to beat him, when you seperate em with summons (solo). Gouging Strike does well, but after that, you have to lure one away and they seem to constantly move around :/

Well, if you wanted to solo the fight you could use the Lockdown ability of the Gauntlets of the Dungeon Warden. A successful use Lockdown would remove one of the oozes for a base effect of 15 seconds. Alternately, a single class wizard might also work, as Temporal Coccoon has a similar effect.

Interesting. Maybe use Embrace of the Earth Talon?

I tested this out just now and it did absolutely nothing to Huani o Whe. Feels easier than Belranga, who I still haven't beaten yet, got this guy down to bloodied first try with no alterations on my group. Not sure how to keep this boss from debuffing my group.

Edited by Carnifexus