Well, if you wanted to solo the fight you could use the Lockdown ability of the Gauntlets of the Dungeon Warden. A successful use Lockdown would remove one of the oozes for a base effect of 15 seconds. Alternately, a single class wizard might also work, as Temporal Coccoon has a similar effect.

Spells like Stasis Shell don't block the merging. An ooze can merge with an imprisoned one just fine. A solo cipher can use Stasis Shell to keep the oozes separated - use it first on one ooze and draw the other away to the other side of the map. Then use then Soul Ignition, Disintegration and imprison the second ooze, return and imprison again the first ooze, repeat until the second ooze dies.

PS. Killing both oozes at the same time is a bad tactic because you'll have then 4 oozes which can merge (only oozes of the same size can merge).

• Like 1

Well, if you wanted to solo the fight you could use the Lockdown ability of the Gauntlets of the Dungeon Warden. A successful use Lockdown would remove one of the oozes for a base effect of 15 seconds. Alternately, a single class wizard might also work, as Temporal Coccoon has a similar effect.

Spells like Stasis Shell don't block the merging. An ooze can merge with an imprisoned one just fine. A solo cipher can use Stasis Shell to keep the oozes separated - use it first on one ooze and draw the other away to the other side of the map. Then use then Soul Ignition, Disintegration and imprison the second ooze, return and imprison again the first ooze, repeat until the second ooze dies.

PS. Killing both oozes at the same time is a bad tactic because you'll have then 4 oozes which can merge (only oozes of the same size can merge).

Interesting. Have you managed the solo it this way?

Interesting. Have you managed the solo it this way?

Haven't tried with my inquisitor yet - it's just theory crafting from my experience with the herald.

PS. Soloed it with my herald and it took nearly an hour to kill him (with scrolls and more optimization it should be a little faster however).

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1

Alrighty, got him down to near death today after a couple of tries...the problem seems to be that I'm running out of healing by the time I get him close to dead. Any suggestions for group build/necessary gear?I am playing on POTD with level scaling.

On the near death try, my comp was:

Eder: Swash in tank gear w/Frostfall and shield

Palagrina: healing wall tank (stood back and healed while stealthed)

MC: unarmed fists druggy monk in DPS gear (dying FAST)

Tekehu: Druid/chanter singing heal+deflection boost

Serafen: Cipher w/Essence interrrupter

I'm guessing I need to switch Tekehu(druid/chanter) for Xoti...or something. I feel like I'm using the wrong gear to fight this guy, I don't like having to babysit the potions button and even with all my quick slots full of potions, I'm running out near the end. The thing that seems to be killing me is his burst damage whatever that wave attack is called. What stats do I need to focus on to defend against this guy? I beat Belranga today and was thinking that this guy would be easy after her, but the group comp required for her seems to be completely different to what would be ideal to take him down. Any help? 

Edited by Carnifexus

Tekehu should summon animated weapons to distract the boss from you while the rest of the party can run around shooting from distance if you can't tank him. You just need to be prepared to destroy fast the lesser oozes when he uses his Symbiote ability. Besides the Essence Interrupter and Eccea's Arcane Blaster you can use also the Veil Piercer and Saint Omaku's Mercy with the Decisive Shots Enchantment (with modals activated and Hot Razor Skewers) or any legendary arquebus + Ring of the Marksman (and Hot Razor Skewers). 

• Like 1

Kaylon, how much of regen you have during that fight? Per 12 seconds? Would two rings, belt, armor and cape be enough for non chanter multiclass to healtank her?

It's not just the regeneration that matters, it's also the defenses, the armor and the +%healing. Using all the items you listed would lower your crush/corrode resistance which makes things worse.

If you want to tank in potd here are the items you should consider first:

- reckless brigandine (legendary or higher)

- akola's apex ward (enchanted with hunter's vigor) with modal activated

- cauldron shard

- voidward

- rakhan field boots

- the maker's own power

If you plan to use whiteleaf (you will probably need it) or potions to increase your armor/penetration, then you should aim also for +147 deflection (in potd) to avoid having the buffs  removed - the cloak&bracers  of greater deflection/cape of the falling star become probably mandatory.

And finally you can add the ring of greater regeneration.

Not sure if all this will be enough to keep you alive forever but it will make the damage easily manageable.

• Like 3

Quick question:

If you don't have Berath's Challenge on and you withdraw, will combat end?

Because I am trying this with Electric Dyslexic(my Berath's Challenge is on), and it's quite doable, it's just that the whole thing is too much of a bullet sponge with its divides. I managed to grind 75% away, but then I run out of everything. If Widraw allows me to end combat and replenish, it won't be a problem at all. 

Bronlar's Phalanx and Arcane Veil pretty much insure you don't get auto attack crits from it and you can summon Concelhaut on top for Enervating Aura. 

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

I tried to solo him with my inquisitor and failed miserably because I can't prevent the oozes from merging back. Tanking and killing the first form goes smoothly with my setup above + whiteleaf. However the tactic to keep the oozes separated using stasis shell didn't work because its duration is too short (the oozes have very high resolve and the duration is cut in half). The summons seem to be the only way to keep the oozes separated for a solo.

• Like 1

Alrighty, downed this guy today. Kaylon's advice for the weapon and gear choice was key, here's the strategy I gleamed from reading this thread:

Group:

Pallegina: Summoner Herald chanting healing chants/pally heal aura (Lelandria's Devotion, Blackened Plate) (stood in center not attacking)

Tekehu: Druid/Chanter chanting healing+deflection w/ Veilpiercer

Eder: Swash tank decked out in anti-corrode gear (as listed by Kaylon, but I used Bronlar's Phalanx instead...bringing Reckless Brigadine up to Mythic was a good idea too), also equipped with all quick slots full of Major Healing Potions which was essential.

Serafen: Cipher w/ Saint Omaku's Mercy

MC: Monk w/ Essence Interrupter

Rest Bonus: Hot Razor Skewers on everyone but Pallegina, who ate Mohora Wraps

I stealthed my group to the left side of the boss, then spread them out into a cross pattern with my MC monk at the back left, Serafen at the back right, with Pallegina and Tekehu in the middle chanting healing spells, carefully placed so as to keep the whole group in their aura's range, with Eder tanking front and center. Once we were in position, we did not move once, which seems to be the way to handle this guy, so be sure your group is placed where you want them before you start. To help Eder tank, Pallegina sent skeletons and weapons at the boss to keep him from taking most of the aggro, I started with weapons but moved to skeletons later on in the fight because I found her chanting speed wasn't quite fast enough to keep up with the rate the boss went through the weapons--the second my chants reached "3" I summoned more skeletons as Eder could only take the boss' hits for so long. Serafen cast Echoing shield on Eder frequently, not sure if it helped. Most of my DPS was from auto-attacking with ranged, but Tekehu's spells did some damage, and it helped to have Muatu and some other summons along. Once he died, Essence Interrupter ensured I didn't get annoyed by another phase! Long fight, I loved the challenge but I have to admit I'm happy to be done with it after a day or two of frustration. Hope this helps others!

Edited by Carnifexus
  • Like 1

Oh yeah... that's right.

I think Concelhaut is the only item summon that can be controlled in that matter. 

The oozes wander as well... so it's not that easy to split them, too, although you could use them to keep one of the oozes in place and run away while drawing the other?

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Oh yeah... that's right.

I think Concelhaut is the only item summon that can be controlled in that matter. 

The oozes wander as well... so it's not that easy to split them, too, although you could use them to keep one of the oozes in place and run away while drawing the other?

If the summons were less squishy maybe. It depends also if the ooze will stay with the summons or if it just follows you because you dealt more damage... Right now I don't see other class than the chanter being able to keep them away.

BTW, on the point of your Cypher.

Can't you use Kapana Taga(an excellent solo weapon, btw) to lower Will, followed by Borrowed Instincts and that together with the Cypher passive for another 10 Accuracy vs Will should give you enough to Crit. 

Speaking of which, a Cypher/Ghost Heart may actually have the tools necessary to complete this boss that way. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

BTW, on the point of your Cypher.

Can't you use Kapana Taga(an excellent solo weapon, btw) to lower Will, followed by Borrowed Instincts and that together with the Cypher passive for another 10 Accuracy vs Will should give you enough to Crit. 

Speaking of which, a Cypher/Ghost Heart may actually have the tools necessary to complete this boss that way. 

Yes, I was also exploring a few options to increase the durations. Being able to crit is one of them and the other is to lower their resolve using Psychovampiric Shield (which also lowers Will further). This will allow gaining some time but I'm not sure it will be enough for the entire sequence:

- build enough focus

- cast Psychovampiric Shield

- debuff Will using modal

- cast Borrowed Instinct

- cast Psychovampiric Shield (you need to cast it again before the first expires)

- cast Disintegration

(- cast Soul Ignition)

- cast Stasis Shell

- run to the other ooze...

If I limit myself to Psychovampiric Shield and Disintegration maybe...

I can't know the dynamic of the encounter, but to me it seems that If you had to choose between Borrowed Instincts and Psychovampiric Shield, Borrowed Instincts clearly comes on top despite it's higher cost and Will reduction by 4 points less than the Shield.  

I also don't know what your Int situation is, since you want to be using Disintegration, but if not for that, I imagine you should be pretty stacked on it. There's one food that adds duration and Int, and in case your defenses are high you could forego the rest of the foods. I don't know if you're using Nature's Resolve, too. I also think Coral Sniff might be worth taking a look into.

Speaking of Disintegration--it doesn't leave a body behind?

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

I am sure this has been covered but I am unable to find it so could use a little help. I found our friendly Ooze a few days ago and lost every time I fought him. My party is stronger now so I want to go again. I thought I knew where his island is on the map but I lost it. Can someone please give me a location that I can mark on a map, which I stupidly didn't do before?

I can't know the dynamic of the encounter, but to me it seems that If you had to choose between Borrowed Instincts and Psychovampiric Shield, Borrowed Instincts clearly comes on top despite it's higher cost and Will reduction by 4 points less than the Shield.  

The important thing here is the duration of the spells (Disintegration & Stasis Shell). Psychovampiric Shield reduces enemies resolve by 10 which means they lose 30% of their reduction of the duration of negative effects. On the other hand, Borrowed Instinct might lead or not to a critical hit which will increase the duration of those spells by only 25%. The Psychovampiric Shield is clearly the winner because the duration increase is granted and greater.