So, has anyone else tried out the new megaboss? Generally, I think this fight was much easier than Belranga, and the main special mechanic of Hauani o Whe was much easier to work around than Belranga's. As a result, I was able to get through the fight by using pretty standard tactics.

As far as some general tips going into the battle:

Huani o Whe has lower Fire, Frost, and Shock AR, and relatively low reflex and deflection when compared to its other defenses. I am fairly certain too that Huani o Whe is immune to Corrode damage, as it has an ability called Corrosive Solvent as a beneficial effect, however, I was not able to test that as all of the Corrode damage attacks I had in my party targeted Fortitude, which is Huani o Whe's highest defense.

As a result, weapons that do best of elemental damage, like the Essence Interrupter, Frostfall, and Lord Darryn's Voluge are all very useful during this fight.

After a character gets hit by its special "symbiote" attack, the character will take raw damage after it moves and the character will also spawn a lesser ooze.

Edited by DozingDragon
  • Like 1

I briefly wrote about my experience in the beta patch thread. I believe Corrosive Solvent to be an attack that deals Corrode damage in an AoE and clears your active buffs, even though the combat log only shows the AoE damage. I can’t use my SoT-spam cheese against this boss because of it, as I repeatedly find myself wondering where my buffs have gone.

On PotD I can’t seem to beat this thing (I had a much easier time with Belranga.) Granted, I haven’t tried weapons that deal elemental damage but being unable to stay buffed keeps me at a net Accuracy/Deflection disadvantage (my casters have a hard time landing debuffs) and the ooze hits like a truck.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Resistant to MIG afflictions, but normally vulnerable to CON ones.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Then he's doomed. I mean if his Fortitude is not 300 or so...

184 on PotD.

I'll probably need to go with 2 tanks, 1 cipher, 1 priest, and 1 wizard and nuke it into oblivion.

Or one Geomancer and nothing else. ;)

Only 184... with Body Blows + Weakened we are already at 149. Combusting Wounds will have an ACC of ~140 without any consumables or per rest stuff. That's doable.

Did you know that the Shroud of Phantasm will create Illusions of your char AND of your animal companion? Having 7 Wolves and 7 Geomancers pummeling at a target with Combusting Wounds is quite funny. ;)

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Or one Geomancer and nothing else. ;)

Only 184... with Body Blows + Weakened we are already at 149. Combusting Wounds will have an ACC of ~140 without any consumables or per rest stuff. That's doable.

Did you know that the Shroud of Phantasm will create Illusions of your char AND of your animal companion? Having 7 Wolves and 7 Geomancers pummeling at a target with Combusting Wounds is quite funny. ;)

I will try that cape on the Itinerant I'm currently playing. It does copy weapons as well?

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png