Crashing at Times in the Menu Game Runs Fine

Torm51

Question

Hey guys, since the new patch the main menu seems to struggle.  At times it will crash other times it will hang, crash and recover and others its fine.  In game it runs as usual.  Attaches is my Dxdiag, no crash files are being created when it crashes as previously explained.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

4 answers to this question

Update:

If I let the start up sequence play through and do not click I never have an issue.

anyone? Figure the mods are off on the weekend!  No issues I will wait until the week

Have gun will travel.

Hello Torm,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and yes, we are out of the office on the weekend :)  Would you be able to do us a favor and reproduce the issue and then send us a copy of your output_log.txt file?  That should always be generating as soon as you start the game.  If needed, you can find instructions on how to obtain that file here.  If you could either attach that here or send it to me at support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread as a reference, that would be great!

Thanks Torm, and sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Schin,

Attached is the output log, I was able to reproduce the bug somewhat.  When the game starts up I click to skip the Obsidian logo and it will hang with the windows pointer becoming a circle, this time it recovered and went to the main menu, other times it crashes.  In game its totally playable I am getting no crashes.  So for now my workaround is go get something to drink when the opening sequence fires up lol

output_log.txt

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Hey Torm!

Nothing wrong with staying hydrated :)  Thanks for getting me the output_log!  I've attached it to the bug report and pinged the Programming team so they can investigate the issue.  If you get the issue to occur again where the game does not recover, would you then send us the new copy of the output_log again?

Thank you for all the help with this Torm!

• Like 1