A really annoying bug I've now had twice. Anyone seen this?

xzar_monty

Question

So, I came to a peaceful resolution with a group of creatures, and right before leaving, their leader pressed something into my palm. I checked my inventory, but there was nothing. This puzzled me quite a bit, so I actually went out and looked for a walkthrough to see what's going on. In the said instance, I was supposed to receive an amulet called Strand of Favor. But I didn't, it's nowhere.

This was incident #1.

Then, I was exploring an island, and when I dug on some site there, I found a strange pendant that felt warm to the touch. Wow, I thought, this is interesting. According to the game, I picked it up, but again, there was nothing in my inventory.

This was incident #2.

Anyone seen stuff like this? This is frigging infuriating and not acceptable. Yes, I have gone through my inventory, and I even used the search option for "Strand of Favor". It's not there.

22 answers to this question

I have had incident #1 recently - I just kept moving on, thought I did receive something but it just wasn't going to show until I needed it lol.

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

The filter function is really helpful. :)

Some items don't get put into the first slot because they get added to an existing stack (that sits somewhere between the other stuff). 

The filter function is godsend but it's not working 100% as intended. Sometimes i filter trap it came out, other time nothing comes out. I'm not sure why though.

Did you check your quest item stash?

That was the first place I checked. Then I checked each stash item by item. It's just not there. Neither is the pendant.

Both the amulet and the pendant were also unusual in the sense that receiving them was not accompanied by the text you often get, something along the lines of "You get the item: so-and-so. It was added to your stash". You know, the line you get when you, for instance, search a ruin and find a scroll or whatever. There is an explicit text telling you how an item was added to your inventory. I did not get that with the amulet and the pendant.

In the bugs forum of course https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/130-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-technical-support-spoiler-warning/, you might want to share this thread too and mention what version you first experienced it and what version you are still experiencing it if you are running the beta.  Also so I checked an old save and I did receive the Strand of Favor:

And if I am remembering correctly I didn't wipe out the Naga, also my journal entry says Sugaan let me approach the adra so that makes me think that I didn't wipe them out - I mean I did just for fun, but I reloaded and took the peaceful path in the end.  Of course that was many months ago now so I could be flat out wrong.

Edit:  Interesting though I just reloaded the area in 3.1 beta - and I didn't get he necklace but got an emerald instead, so maybe a fight is required now ...

Edited by aaronghowell

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

I have the same problem with the naga in Hasongo , the text show he give you something but the neck never show , what you can do to get the neck and end the quest without violence is steal the neck from him before Interact with the adra pillar , just need someone with Sleight of Hand.

Edited by Whitewolfsp

The rubbishy thing is that if you do not fight, the game specifically says that the leader presses something into your palm, as a gift, but you don't actually get anything.

Yeah i know , i have a post on the Technical fórum about this bug , named Hasongo , you can post there too so the devs will know more players are getting these bugs.