Seeker, Slayer, Survivor - Ending question - *Spoiler*

I am at the quest 'The Champion of the Hunt', at the end of the DLC in the Beyond, and am talking with the three faces.

If you accept his offer when Whehami (The Slayer Face) offer to trade places with you the first time you speak with him, then the two other faces reapears and have new dialog.

I then spoke with Aexica (The Seeker Face) and at the end of her dialog, and after passing a Religion (12) skill check, she admits to manipulating Whehami into breaking the column. Then after I discovered the background of the three of them I spoke with Eruke (The Survivor Fave) and made a Metaphysic (12) dialog choice, this lets me then speak with Aexica again and unlocks a Diplomacy (20!) option. If that is passed she admit that she was wrong in wanting to escape and ask you to speak to Whehami to make things right. 

After that you can't talk with Aexica or Eruke, and it is implied that convincing Whehami to give you the Tooth he used to destroy the pillar will lead to a peaceful resolution. However, the only new option when speaking with him just makes him want to kill her. Your only options are to either:

- Choose another bodyswap target for him - which I can't due to previous choices

- Tell him that Aexica admits she maniuplated him - which he just ignores

- Tell him that she manipulated him but wants to make things right again - this makes him angry and order you to kill her (which I don't want to) 

- Prepare to fight him - which leads to either the battle with him or an Intimidate (22) skill check, which doesn't change anything*. If you fight him Aexica also attacks you, even thought she said she had decided otherwise. 

My questions then are:

1) You can tell Whehami that Aexica regrets her manipulation even before taking the 20 Diplomacy option where you actually convince her to regret it. is this a bug?

2) Even if you succeeded the 22 Intimidate check against Whehami all further option stills ends in a fight no matter what. Is this Intentional?*

3) If you fight Whehami then Aexica still attacks you even though you also succeeded the 20 Diplomacy where she promises not to. Is this intentional as well? Is it not possible to resolve it peacefully even when succeeding one or even two very high conversation skill checks, and Aexica heavily implies that you can end it without killing them?

* Or I had to, I was the Seeker Chosen, don't know if being the Slayer Chosen would change anything. 

P.s. I would appreciate no ending spoilers for the game (e.g. ending slides etc.)

• Like 2

I think these situations shouldn't be like that. I suggest you report these "unintentional" situations in the bug forum. Then the devs will see it and let us know if that is the case. Here it will be more difficult for them to notice.

I was the Slayer's chosen but I didn't try to end things peacefully so I don't know if it changes anything.

Btw, these people have been there for a long time, so if these things are intentional, then it is simply because they are insane.

Edit: here is the support forum

https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/130-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-technical-support-spoiler-warning/

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 3

sign.jpg

I think these situations shouldn't be like that. I suggest you report these "unintentional" situations in the bug forum. Then the devs will see it and let us know if that is the case. Here it will be more difficult for them to notice.

I was the Slayer's chosen but I didn't try to end things peacefully so I don't know if it changes anything.

Btw, these people have been there for a long time, so if these things are intentional, then it is simply because they are insane.

Edit: here is the support forum

https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/130-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-technical-support-spoiler-warning/

Thanks! I will  try to post it there. 

I couldn't pass the Religion and the Metaphysics skillchecks, but I was the Slayer's chosen. If you ask Eruke how to convince him to give up, an easier (16) Intimidate option should appear next to the (22) one. Not sure, what will happen, if this option is chosen, though.

IIRC, I was able to achieve a peaceful outcome by using the 16 intimidate option. Regardless, this area feels a little rushed, and it’s easy to dead-end many conversations with the faces.

it feels incomplete

some dialogue option transition feels unpolished

and require player to run up and down between three faces to unlock some of them

like developers choose to cut some content and choice a few week before release

Edited by uuuhhii

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not getting the 16 intimidate options for some reason. I'm the seeker chosen and i've passed all the skill check so far. Speaking with the Survivor about how to convince the Slayer only gives me back something on the line of: "There may be way of appealing to his pride however." That's it.

I really want to do the quest peacefully. My guess is there's some trigger that is not flagging properly, but feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. II would love to be corrected infact, instead of waiting for the next patch!

I'm not getting the 16 intimidate options for some reason. I'm the seeker chosen and i've passed all the skill check so far. Speaking with the Survivor about how to convince the Slayer only gives me back something on the line of: "There may be way of appealing to his pride however." That's it.

I really want to do the quest peacefully. My guess is there's some trigger that is not flagging properly, but feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. II would love to be corrected infact, instead of waiting for the next patch!

If I remember correctly, you must be the Slayer's chosen, not the Seeker's.

• Like 1

Oh, ok! I didn't knew that, i supposed that you could get the difficulty decrease just by talking to Eruke. Guess i'll have to respec some characters to beat that 22 Intimidate check. Annoying, but doable. Thanks!

Edit 06/11: I can confirm that, as a Seeker chosen, passing all the skill checks (Religion, Metaphysics, Diplomacy and Intimidate) you can resolve everything peacefully. I can't remember what i told Whehami after the 22 intimidate check, it was something on the line of reminding him what his duty his and he's not a proper slayer if he can't slay boredom. I don't know if EVERY skill check is necessary, since i've not tried selectively.

Edited by RickyAll

• 2 months later...

Oh, ok! I didn't knew that, i supposed that you could get the difficulty decrease just by talking to Eruke. Guess i'll have to respec some characters to beat that 22 Intimidate check. Annoying, but doable. Thanks!

Edit 06/11: I can confirm that, as a Seeker chosen, passing all the skill checks (Religion, Metaphysics, Diplomacy and Intimidate) you can resolve everything peacefully. I can't remember what i told Whehami after the 22 intimidate check, it was something on the line of reminding him what his duty his and he's not a proper slayer if he can't slay boredom. I don't know if EVERY skill check is necessary, since i've not tried selectively.

How did you pass all the checks? I'm trying to respec all five characters and it's too much