Show Negative effects first!

When we hover our mouse over a character portrait we can see all active buffs. Please give us a method to show hostile effects first.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been in the middle of a battle when suddenly a character starts dying from a hostile effect.

Only Issue is that you have so many active buffs that you can't see what's wrong.

We already have a pretty good idea what buffs are active on our characters and AI scripting can usually handle these for us.

• Like 10

I wonder, this whole time, since beta-test, all developers and testers seeing those awful giant UI panels and counting is as everything fine?..

I always want to ask devs: "Guys, you think is really allright? Are you feeling comfortable when you can't see all 10+ effects for chars in battle, becose giant font?"

The silence is answer. :getlost:

• Like 1

Showing negative effects first would be a big help. At the absolute minimum, they have to do something about the list of effects being hidden behind the rest of your UI or scrolling off the page without any way to see it.

Edited by jww
  • Like 2

All effects need to be visible, period. There are a lot of classes that need to actively refresh self-buffs (especially wizard multis and monks off the top my head), so having negative effects first would trade one problem for another. If it can't be solved by making the text smaller, they should at least make the effect windows pinnable/scrollable. 

EDIT: looks like the new patch beta has scaled down the UI significantly.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 4

I wonder, this whole time, since beta-test, all developers and testers seeing those awful giant UI panels and counting is as everything fine?..

I always want to ask devs: "Guys, you think is really allright? Are you feeling comfortable when you can't see all 10+ effects for chars in battle, becose giant font?"

The silence is answer. :getlost:

Bigger texts and lesser party characters are good for big TVs :)

• Like 1

All effects need to be visible, period. There are a lot of classes that need to actively refresh self-buffs (especially wizard multis and monks off the top my head), so having negative effects first would trade one problem for another. If it can't be solved by making the text smaller, they should at least make the effect windows pinnable/scrollable. 

any screenshot anyone on beta can share? if this is true it would 10x my enjoyment of the game.

any screenshot anyone on beta can share? if this is true it would 10x my enjoyment of the game.

I'm not able to share a screenshot atm, but I've played a few crucible challenges with the new UI (lots of effects flying around) and would go so far as to say this issue has been resolved. Even with extensive hostile and beneficial effects active, I don't think the new window came anywhere near the action bar even once. 

• Like 4

+1

All effects need to be visible. Making hostile first doesn't fix the problem. Obsidian need to "fix" the problem. Period.

Another annoyance I've found. The hotbar seems to block the formation. I can only fix it by selecting all characters before I'm able to click on my formation.

Not sure how many people use formation but I do tinker with it

Edited by Archaven

+1

All effects need to be visible. Making hostile first doesn't fix the problem. Obsidian need to "fix" the problem. Period.

Another annoyance I've found. The hotbar seems to block the formation. I can only fix it by selecting all characters before I'm able to click on my formation.

The beta patch also includes new UI options that hide parts of the HUD outside of combat and/or when the game is not paused. I have one character whose ability bar blocks part of the combat log, for example, so I have it set so that - outside of combat only - it only appears when I pause the game. You can do this with any or all visible parts of the HUD now, including having a HUD-free setup that automatically brings everything back whenever a fight starts).

It would be really nice if they'd let us drag HUD elements around wherever we want them, but this is still a huge improvement and at least gives players a way to prevent parts of the UI from blocking one another.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1

+1

The beta patch also includes new UI options that hide parts of the HUD outside of combat and/or when the game is not paused. I have one character whose ability bar blocks part of the combat log, for example, so I have it set so that - outside of combat only - it only appears when I pause the game. You can do this with any or all visible parts of the HUD now, including having a HUD-free setup that automatically brings everything back whenever a fight starts).

It would be really nice if they'd let us drag HUD elements around wherever we want them, but this is still a huge improvement and at least gives players a way to prevent parts of the UI from blocking one another.

allowing us to drag the UI would be awesome. also, there's no way to level up characters when in character sheet or inventory. why is it so hard just to add the + sign in character sheet or inventory?