Hello!

Premade Characters

Characters can now be imported to use on various playthroughs through Deadfire. Characters can be chosen in character creation, or by visiting taverns and recruiting them as Adventurers.

Now isn't that the sweetest new feature that I ever saw? Now we can share our builds as hirelings in a tavern. So awesome. Thanks a ton Deadfire Development Team!

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 11

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I wonder if we'll be able to easily import/export other peoples characters.

Just share your character file I suppose. We'll see.

I could easily put the files under each list entry in the build list. THis is going to be awesome.

Also a lot more motivation to a) do a character build and b) refine it a bit with portrait and so on. :)

• Like 1

Agreed the update looks super sweet. Also looks like the Challenges will be available with mods and Blessings? Amazing if that is the case.

I just need to mod Brilliant back to restoring resources every 3s ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I wonder if you can make it so that these "hirelings" auto-level with pre-defined abilities. Or if you can restrict the level - so that Hireling X can only be recruited at lvl 8+ or so.

And if you can give them special (unique) gear.

Edited by Boeroer

I don't know. The 3.1.0 beta was put on halt because of some gamebreaking bug so I can't check it out. :(

I guess/hope it's a bit like in Icewind Dale. At least that's what Gromnir originally suggested and what I (and others) supported.

A few questions:

1) Does anyone know if Eder's pet affects the party? And is Eder affected by the Watcher's pet?

2) Does this mean that you can cheat multiple unique items into the game?

"Please Be Aware

Be aware that you will be able to import characters that have unique items and that you will be at risk of unforseen consequences to gameplay if you choose to do so willingly. This of course also applies to characters that are imported/exported while cheats are enabled."

PS: I don't have much time right now, but I'll try to find out.

sign.jpg

Agreed the update looks super sweet. Also looks like the Challenges will be available with mods and Blessings? Amazing if that is the case.

I just need to mod Brilliant back to restoring resources every 3s ;)

When picking any challenges it locks the Blessings drop-down menu when you press [Continue] to pick the Difficulty. Which is good IMO.

So you can’t use them together? :( That’s not good at all.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Agreed. Don’t care one bit about challenge-related achievements but I’d love to mix them with the Blessings and use them with mods.

• Like 3

Agreed. Don’t care one bit about challenge-related achievements but I’d love to mix them with the Blessings and use them with mods.

Time for another 'DO IT' company?

• Like 1

When you create a new character:

newgame.png

Pre-made characters (already included in the game):

newgame2.jpg

newgame3.jpg

I think I found a bug. I can't find my PoE1 character when import a save. I'm given the option in the first picture above.

"I think I found a bug" should be the tagline of every Obs game haha.