Is she not too right in the head?... She always seemed a sensible sort to me :).

From a psychological standpoint, intimidation and showing that she's not to be trifled with or you will wind up as a footrest.

From a narrative one, it signals that for all her claims and talk, she is not quite right upstairs.

Yeah, the bone chair seems a bit much, unless it’s made from some Furrante’s friends: in that case it’s perfect.

As for Ukaizo I’d say that leaving it with the storms is one of the best endings for me; it’s a huge middle finger for Rauatai and their schemes and it keeps Deadfire wild and unpredictable, the way its should be. Very Galawain if you ask me. Not the choice I’d make as myself but that’s the point of RPGs, to get into somebody else’s shoes.

Aeldys always seemed like the least stable of the faction heads. 

Castol is an idealogue. Alvari is Ruthless. 

Karu is ambitious and dismissive. 

Furrante is a mixture of both VTC heads, with some added charm. 

Onekaza is a psychic politician. 

A minor theme of the game is how the new bloods have gotten so much influence by doing stuff too crazy to imagine. 

Remember that Benwith, the jagoff that starts your whole sad saga is one of hers, and was held in high regard. 

• Like 7

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Aeldys always seemed like the least stable of the faction heads. 

Castol is an idealogue. Alvari is Ruthless. 

Karu is ambitious and dismissive. 

Furrante is a mixture of both VTC heads, with some added charm. 

Onekaza is a psychic politician. 

A minor theme of the game is how the new bloods have gotten so much influence by doing stuff too crazy to imagine. 

Remember that Benwith, the jagoff that starts your whole sad saga is one of hers, and was held in high regard. 

And Two-Eyed Pim is a gentleman of good standing and repute, I do declare. Rz889.png

• Like 4

She's not that sensible, if you side with her she starts the Ukaizo storms back up before leaving at the end

She also leaves Ukaizo herself, though. I always took it more as ensuring that no one faction is able to claim it, which feels like the most balanced/stable outcome.

• Like 1

She's not that sensible, if you side with her she starts the Ukaizo storms back up before leaving at the end

She also leaves Ukaizo herself, though. I always took it more as ensuring that no one faction is able to claim it, which feels like the most balanced/stable outcome.

She can return when wants to though? Seems like a great Roleplay for someone not concerned about repairing the Wheel.

She can return when wants to though? Seems like a great Roleplay for someone not concerned about repairing the Wheel.

Can she? I seem to remember something about her essentially turning the coastline into a minefield so that no one can come back. From her perspective, it's the closest thing to maintaining the status quo in the Deadfire and preventing any one faction from gaining outsized power. It's not great from the standpoint of repairing the wheel (which animancers don't necessarily need Ukaizo to do - Eothas even says that modern animancy is poised to overcome Engwithan technology), but it's a far shot from 'crazy' imo.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 3