Hey all, I was wondering, can I use Beckoner for potd solo? I'm using Troubador, it's good, but it takes a while for my summons to kill things, as Beckoner, I imagine my late game will be much better, and encounters much shorter. Is Beckoner any good now? And, if so, can it be used for POTD solo? My build is full damage sponge, Pali + Chanter that relies on my summons for kills by the way.

Edited by Smelyansky

What do you mean by "one more"? Beckoners do get twice the summons (with lesser health) so they should deal twice the damage (in an optimal setup where all summons can reach the enemy and the summons don't die prematurely). Or what did I miss?

By the way: don't know if it got fixed but the skeletons (while handy as CC tools because they engage) are horrible for dealing damage. They scale their stats but they are wearing a poor quality sword which didn't scale last time I tried Beckoner. So most of the time they will suffer from severe underpenetration.

If you want to deal dmg with summons like Animated Weapons and stuff you could think about getting Animancy Cat as pet (+2 MIG and +1 PEN for summons).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The weapon summon is really really good for a beckoned. The dragons are underwhelming though cool. But yeah, I’d imagine beckoner would be one of the easiest classes to solo.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

What do you mean by "one more"? Beckoners do get twice the summons (with lesser health) so they should deal twice the damage (in an optimal setup where all summons can reach the enemy and the summons don't die prematurely). Or what did I miss?

By the way: don't know if it got fixed but the skeletons (while handy as CC tools because they engage) are horrible for dealing damage. They scale their stats but they are wearing a poor quality sword which didn't scale last time I tried Beckoner. So most of the time they will suffer from severe underpenetration.

If you want to deal dmg with summons like Animated Weapons and stuff you could think about getting Animancy Cat as pet (+2 MIG and +1 PEN for summons).

sometimes i think you have a genius mind. i didn't think of animancy cat!.

but anyhow, i feel deadfire summoning build were kind of meh :(. i was hoping that summoning build was really a thing. you know at first i was really in love with the figurines?

because it's an alternative to summoning.

but they have to nerf it till no one uses it anymore. at least i know i didnt use even a single one. good job obsidian in chasing your customer out.

they can make it as charges. but at least let you replenish it at a price or something.

there are so many beautiful creatures in deadfire which honestly can be part of summoner build. the summon shouldn't just locked to ogres, wurms, skellies.

on the other hand, i kind of like it if there's a pillars of eternity: king's bounty version :D

• Like 2