"Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen" Now on Kickstarter

daveyd

I want the monk (not trying to contrary :), but I will settle for the battle writers ....!!  Lets go Kickstarter!!!!

Are they that good?

Well, am game for hand-crafted encounters even if they have the intern doing them, and I always hate playing a monk, but when you experience them in combat they have a tendency to wipe the floor with you :)

Edit:  could be operating on the assumption that we won't see monks at all without the stretch goal, but could be wrong.

Edited by bringingyouthefuture
  • Like 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

I want the monk (not trying to contrary :), but I will settle for the battle writers ....!!  Lets go Kickstarter!!!!

Are they that good?

Well, am game for hand-crafted encounters even if they have the intern doing them, and I always hate playing a monk, but when you experience them in combat they have a tendency to wipe the floor with you :)

Edit:  could be operating on the assumption that we won't see monks at all with out the stretch goal, but could be wrong.

Oh yeah, at this point I'm getting hopeful lol

Have you played Age of Decadence? Plenty of stuff in there to get my hopes up considerably! :)

Nope

In-Development: Turn-Based cRPG, late backing OPEN!

realms_beyond_logo_360x90px_transparent_

Have you played Age of Decadence? Plenty of stuff in there to get my hopes up considerably! :)

Uh, the stretch goal is Battle Brothers / Overhype Studios folks. Not related to Age of Decadence / Iron Tower Studios. Or do you mean something else?

I'll be happy if they can get to Kai Rosenkrantz.

Uh, the stretch goal is Battle Brothers / Overhype Studios folks. Not related to Age of Decadence / Iron Tower Studios. Or do you mean something else?

I'll be happy if they can get to Kai Rosenkrantz.

Scott Hamm was a writer for Age of Decadence, and that's a game I played through the peaceful way, and I reckon the writing was pretty excellent.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yes, as in like 100% certain. Ceres Games will also keep backing open after this kickstarter campaign ends, so I would say that monk will most likely be reached later on, even Bard, in fact, and Linux support, but it certainly depends on the activities on their site the coming months. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Ceres has pretty much said on their forums that they plan to have more classes such as Monk and Bard eventually implemented, it's just a question of when.  Psion is another one they mentioned as a possibility.  The monk stretch goal would just guarantee that monk ships with v 1.0 of the game, but otherwise it will likely be added in an update or expansion.  A lot of relevant feats like Stunning Fist and Deflect / Snatch Arrows may already be implemented (since those feats can actually be taken by characters of any class who meet the prerequisites).  The only reason adding monk will cost some money is they want to have high quality martial art animations rather than just settle for a generic punching animation like NWN did and probably some fitting portraits and monk robes.  Anyway, from the sound of it, it will be pretty easy for modders to add additional 3.5e classes and feats even if they aren't officially in the game for awhile. 

Edited by daveyd
  • Like 2

Ceres has pretty much said on their forums that they plan to have more classes such as Monk and Bard eventually implemented, it's just a question of when.  Psion is another one they mentioned as a possibility.  The monk stretch goal would just guarantee that monk ships with 1.0v of the game, but otherwise it will likely be added in an update or expansion.  A lot of relevant feats like Stunning Fist and Deflect / Snatch Arrows may already be implemented (since those feats can actually be taken by characters of any class who meet the prerequisites.  The only reason adding monk will cost some money is they want to have high quality martial art animations rather than just settle for a generic punching animation like NWN did.  Anyway, from the sound of it, it will be pretty easy for modders to add additional 3.5e classes and feats even if they aren't officially in the game for awhile. 

They weren't as adamant as it appears from your post but yeah.

I read somewhere that the devs are great fans of Dark Sun, and so am I! Psion? Gimme!!

EDIT: And my favourite playthrough of PoE1, a solo playthrough, was with a cipher. My body is ready for some ESP, as it were!

Also, who doesn't love Xavier?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

Officially backed this. If it ends up sucking  I'll blame Dark Ansem. :D

No worries. Dark Ansem is just his moonlight alter ego. Ansem will be unscathed in any post-release mud-slinging.

Edgelord alter ego, plz.