"Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen" Now on Kickstarter

daveyd

RPGWatch's Gamescom preview is really the only actual article though.  Gamesbanshee is basically just posting the updates (not that I'm complaining, I''m just glad they're giving it exposure).  

Edited by daveyd

"...beside importing 2D images for new objects, terrain types and decals, we'll offer a tool that imports .FBX files for 3D objects/characters - including animations. Additional SFXs and music can be easily added as .WAV or .MP3. Our particle editor allows to add new Spell FXs."

That's impressive!

ds62 asking:

"1. Does the game have the option to control the speed? Can I speed up the character's movement on the map, or instantly handle battle effects to improve the overall speed of the game?

2. Can the player be 'Evil' in this game's scenario? Rather than simply solving an event in an evil way (murder, lie, etc.), can a player choose "evil" in the main quest scenario and see endings walking through the "true evil path" such as tyrants and villains?"

Ceres Games answering…

"1. Yes, in combat you are currently able to speed up animations 5x by holding down spacebar. We are also planning to add a speed toggle in the interface where you can set animation speed between 1x, 2x and 5x so you won't have to hold down spacebar.

2. Yes. The main quest doesn't force you into any faction, you can freely choose who you want to join. If you want you can also join the bad guys and act in morally questionable ways. In Realms Beyond you are an adventurer who is able to forge his own path, not forced into a typical heroic "save the world" plot."

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I can't believe I missed this:

"We're planning a Dungeon Master mode as post release update. That allows you to play your own campaigns with friends online (DM vs Coop Party)."

I mean, wow, super-wow!!!

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Love that tool preview! This thing needs to pass.

I agree, but it needs to be spread more!

I can't believe I missed this:

"We're planning a Dungeon Master mode as post release update. That allows you to play your own campaigns with friends online (DM vs Coop Party)."

I mean, wow, super-wow!!!

It wasn't most known. The devs are really German: all work and no PR.

In-Development: Turn-Based cRPG, late backing OPEN!

realms_beyond_logo_360x90px_transparent_

They're still stuck at 85k mark, and 90k mark is long overdue. I can't see them reaching streach goal. Any of the streach goals. I really want this to success but I really can't see that.

Edited by Melusina

They're still stuck at 85k mark, and 90k mark is long overdue. I can't see them reaching streach goal. Any of the streach goals. I really want this to success but I really can't see that.

Well, it's shot up to almost 90K now.  Must have gotten some high tier backer today. Looks like all the high tiers with a one person limit are taken now.

Anyway, don't worry. It's very normal for Kickstarters to slow way down in the middle. I guarantee the pace will pick up in the final days. Last two days will probably bring in a similar number of backers as the first two days, if not more. 

• Like 1

That's quite a forecast. Why do you say that?

Just  my experience  from backing about 50 successfully funded games.  Lots of people like to wait until the last minute... Probably to see how much spare money they have or just to think about what tier they want..  Usually you see a spike on the 2nd last day after reminder emails are sent.

I have a friend / coworker who is still thinking about backing it.  Says he'll decide based on how much he has left in his checking account after paying his bills.

Realms beyond is doing much better than KS that just barely make their goal.  I'm gonna predict it will end around 130K Euros.  Maybe more if another major RPG developer gives it a shout-out or some of the PC gaming news site wake up.

Edited by daveyd
  • Like 1

Last ~2 days getting similar $ as first ~2 days is a standard curve seen on dozens of Kickstarters of this kind - it's a very clear and very obvious pattern. And if the Realms Beyond team did any kind of basic research on KS, then they'll know that they're probably making the goal. Hope they weren't banking on making a lot more beyond it, though.

"...beside importing 2D images for new objects, terrain types and decals, we'll offer a tool that imports .FBX files for 3D objects/characters - including animations. Additional SFXs and music can be easily added as .WAV or .MP3. Our particle editor allows to add new Spell FXs."

That's impressive!

Where did you read this?

That's impressive!

Where did you read this?

Twitter. There was a question under the Tools Preview post they answered to.

I'm more concerned about the game actually succeeding than stretch goals that can always come LATER.

Keep in mind I was talking about not seeing game actually succeeding. Sorry if I wasn't making some sense.

how about now, still don't think the game will make it?