The Political Thread - Hobbes Edition

Amentep

I love how Red Bruce makes Blue Bruce look like a perfectly rational and reasonable guy.

More like trying populist nationalism of far-right flavor than fascism. Seems more like Bolsonaro wants the return of the military dictatorship from decades ago, if anything.

Definetly a hard right swerve for sure.

Yeah, I suppose that whether he's a bona fide fascist or just a Trump larper is going to depend on how much he uses state power to repress the opposition, be it social or political. Authoritarian populist nationalism of far-right flavor is the textbook definition of fascism.

Considering his background and his pining for Brazil's 20-odd year military dictatorship as well as his hardliner views on security and law enforcement, I'd be surprised if he ends up being as ineffectual as his idol.

I'm not one to throw the "fascist" label around lightly, but if it talks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Speaking of Muslims, did you know that the synagogue shooter had a Gab account? We can hear what motivated him straight from the horse's mouth.

fc78vgt9ybuo0pni.png?zoom=1.25&resize=59

For those not in the know, HIAS stands for Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, a nonprofit that assists refugees. The dude clearly believed in the far-right conspiracy theory that teh jooz are out to replace Real Americans with muslim rapefugees, but I'm sure our resident """independent thinkers""" will find a way to spin this as the Democrats' fault anyway.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Red Bruce is the new name for SonicMage. I assume the red is for Republican, not Communism.

More like Red Bruce and Red Bruce 2.

"Oh, you guys know I'm Blue, but this Red argument is so reasonable!"

Yeah I don't see how you can consider Bruce left if you've read beyond his slavish support for Hillary. SonicMage seems like a boomer who wandered in from facebook, so I guess the guy behind Bruce is keeping his alts relevant for our times.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I dont get it. Why would Jews want to immigrate Muslims? I hear they dont get along so good.

Well, always is exceptions.  Also, could be Central or South American refugees - that caravan is referred to as an invasion, after all, so it fits with his tweet. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Red Bruce is the new name for SonicMage. I assume the red is for Republican, not Communism.

It's me, IT'S ME!!! I felt like I had to validate myself on the forum so I created a fake account "Red Frank".

*Gullible forum members chant "Ban him, ban him!!!"

In all seriousness, I'm far from republican though I could see how members here who deal in absolutes would box me if I said something they didn't like as well as my "Democratic nazis should be exterminated comment". In actuality I'm pretty nuetral.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Im talking about the conspiracy theory AL2O3 mentions. Its not even a sound theory.

HIAS' mission is, on paper, out to help out refugees, no matter their background. They could assist Egyptian Copts, Syrian Muslims or even Colombian atheists fleeing the low-intensity civil war there.

But to the observant, er... observer, this is only a cover for their true purpose: importing Muslim rapefugees into the US as part of the Kalergi master plan. It's up to Joe Sixpack to stop it because Trump is in fact a puppet of the Reptilians or some such, and will do nothing.

None of this is "sound" of course, but as others pointed out, if you're the kind of guy willing to shoot up a synagogue, that won't stop you.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So now it's 5200 US troops going to the border - https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/caravan-mexico-federal-troops-trump-1.4882821

Wonder what campaign ribbon they'll hand out for this. And where's the catchy Operation name

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wonder what Trump thinks the troops are actually going to do, shoot at the immigrants? Since they really can't do all that much.

So now it's 5200 US troops going to the border - https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/caravan-mexico-federal-troops-trump-1.4882821
Wonder what campaign ribbon they'll hand out for this. And where's the catchy Operation name

The catchy Op name is apparently 'Operation Faithful Patriot'....

Edited by smjjames

They haven't had a really cool one since Gothic Serpent. Most of the time they sound like parodies.

More like Red Bruce and Red Bruce 2.

"Oh, you guys know I'm Blue, but this Red argument is so reasonable!"

Yeah I don't see how you can consider Bruce left if you've read beyond his slavish support for Hillary. SonicMage seems like a boomer who wandered in from facebook, so I guess the guy behind Bruce is keeping his alts relevant for our times.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

You guys are funny, I have no idea what you talking about or even if you being serious but it made me laugh 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:biggrin::biggrin:

You guys are funny, I have no idea what you talking about or even if you being serious but it made me laugh

I don't think any forum guests should ever take this forum or its members too seriously :lol:

Oh wait, I agreed with you and said something obtrusive so now I'm probably going to be called your secondary account haha! The forum logic demonstrated on forums like this is what makes us come back for more, it's truly entertaining at the least.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

:biggrin: :biggrin:

I don't think any forum guests should ever take this forum or its members too seriously :lol:

Oh wait, I agreed with you and said something obtrusive so now I'm probably going to be called your secondary account haha! The forum logic demonstrated on forums like this is what makes us come back for more, it's truly entertaining at the least.

Yes apparently you and I are the same person 

News to us of course  but " great minds think alike " is all I can say  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Yes apparently you and I are the same person 

News to us of course  but " great minds think alike " is all I can say  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Trump is going to issue an Executive Order ending birthright citizenship. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-eyeing-executive-order-to-end-citizenship-for-children-of-noncitizens-born-on-us-soil/2018/10/30/66892050-dc29-11e8-b3f0-62607289efee_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fae9527b7fbe

OK, he cannot f-----g DO that! The US Constitution is clear on this! 14th Amendment first two sentences in section 1:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Prediction: If this goes to the Supreme Court it will get rejected 8 - Kavanaugh. 

Prediction #2: All the right wingers who justifiably were angry when Barack Obama wiped is soiled arse with the Constitution with his Executive Orders will be mute.

This executive orders abuse has been going on since FDR but the last two would be tyrants have really hit the gas on it. We need a President who understands what the President is supposed to do. I think Ford was the last one. 

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I guess it's just bluster for PR purposes ?  Was going to say it seems odd that no one mentioned the Constitution but that'd require him to ask :p

Edited by Malcador