The Political Thread - Hobbes Edition

Amentep

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/interview-vice-president-pence-robert-costa-washington-posts-space-summit-transformers-space/

So apparently Venezuela is behind the caravens, well, according to the Honduran President. Hm.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you aren't getting 1000 sorosbux a week to cuck the white race then you're missing out.

The whole white race? Sounds like a lot of work. On the other hand, if I hadn't quit studying Russian, I'm sure Oby could have hooked a brother up. Dagnabbit.

It's actually pretty easy, all you have to do is occasionally say neckbeards should be castrated or something vaguely critical of right-wing parties and you get a decent check. If you do that enough you get to go to the Soros Summit where the plans to enslave and/or destroy white people are discussed by the judeo-bolshevik elites while you get booze and food.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Thanks for answering my question. Typical politician. L0L

Registered Republicans? Maybe Gfted1, smjjames, and chilloutman.

Right wring caricatures - Sharpie and SonicMage at present, but we've had some great ones over the years.

Lol, how even do I come accross as republican? I'm actually registered as independent, with left-wing leanings. Chilloutman is Czech I believe.

• Like 1

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/interview-vice-president-pence-robert-costa-washington-posts-space-summit-transformers-space/

So apparently Venezuela is behind the caravens, well, according to the Honduran President. Hm.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was regional politics behind that claim, all the easier to claim that a country you don't like is messing with things than fess up that you screwed up (and yes, I see the irony in that statement in regards to Russia).

The Honduran President is the result of a US backed coup, and lost the last election there- despite there being no opposition media- badly enough that they had to slow down counting for literally literally weeks as his appointed officials stuffed ballots*. He'll say whatever Trump wants him to say, or whatever he thinks Trump wants him to say.

*Shame really, having Honduran President Nasralla would have been amusing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/saudi-arabia-says-khashoggis-killing-was-premeditated-in-latest-reversal/2018/10/25/d517f406-d7c4-11e8-8384-bcc5492fef49_story.html

Saudi Arabia’s public prosecutor said on Thursday that Jamal Khashoggi was killed in a planned operation, citing information it received from Turkish investigators in Istanbul, according to a statement from the kingdom’s Foreign Ministry.

Not often I agree with Trump, but their cover up has to have been the worst cover up in the history of cover ups, perhaps ever. And that term can be applied to just about everything about the incident from the Saudi side. They've even managed to make fricking Erdogan- mass opponent detaining, journalist arresting, media controlling, Kurd torturing, neighbour invading, corrupt Erdogan- look principled and competent.

Now there's going to be more coverage as they try and stall the Turks from looking in the well at the Consul's residence, and assuming his body is found there more days of coverage as the Saudis change their story again to remove any local collaborators from it, then more days after the audio is leaked...

Edited by Zoraptor

If I were in the media or a political figure I'd STFU about this bomb thing for a few days. I expect they are going to catch or at least identify who it is pretty soon. It is not impossible, however unlikely, that this IS a "false flag" hoax by a left winger. Or IS a crazy lefty punishing those not "left enough". Or that it IS a Trumper who thinks he literally means "these people want to kill you".  Whatever it turns out to be, someone who is talking s--t right now is going to look like a fool. If that bothers them. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

US Congress deems it legal to circumvent DRM to repair electronic devices

Yeah, didn't know whether to post this on the RVGN thread or here. But since this seems to have been triggered chiefly by farming equipment manufacturers' practices, I figured this is the right place.

So let me get this straight. Private personal property is sacrosanct, but it's still up to a bunch of kleptocrats in Washington to tell you what you can and cannot do with your stuff?

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

US Congress deems it legal to circumvent DRM to repair electronic devices

Yeah, didn't know whether to post this on the RVGN thread or here. But since this seems to have been triggered chiefly by farming equipment manufacturers' practices, I figured this is the right place.

So let me get this straight. Private personal property is sacrosanct, but it's still up to a bunch of kleptocrats in Washington to tell you what you can and cannot do with your stuff?

Disappointing but not surprising. This is an extension of property being sacred, and by property they're talking about capital and not your toothbrush or car or computer.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Florida Man strikes again

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

brpdiWv.jpg

DbkRUYq.jpg

Whelp guess it really was a magabomber. Who would've guessed?

Edited by KaineParker

I wonder why no one seriously considered Debbie Wasserman-Schultz a suspect? I mean all those people did run her out of the party leadership in 2016!!!! LOL!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1. If the accused is guilty he is a piece of crap. Whoever did it is a piece of crap no matter their political beliefs.  However, I do have some hmmms....

2. In a world where Lefties  go insane simply seeing a single maga hate.. how was this particular fan not, in some way, attacked?

3.  Yeah, Trump has used some viloent rhetocirc but he is far from anyone. Have we forgotten the severed Trump head, and other calls for violence and direct conflict?

4. The lefties have also used violence including murder to get their point across. How quickly we forget the shooting of those senators? or the BLM mass murder?

Both sides are trash. Simple as that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Was there even any explosive material in the "bombs"?

Explosives, yes. What they apparently lacked was a trigger. So they probably wouldn't go off unless someone at the post office punted the package or something. From what I've read, anyway.

Haha, oh wow. Please please, someone sue Charlie Hebdo.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

They're absolutely idiotic and pure Nazism. The finding is absolutely illogical.  I'm no Austrian but how does its law back that finding?

Does this mean anyone who attacks  the bible/Jesus/Christian god can also get into legal trouble? Or is it only doing this way because if you insult Islam/Muhammed ther eis a legit risk of  a mass bombing because of religious psychos being more prevelant in that religious group?  So, this is politics of fear and islamophobia. ie. The courts literally fear Islam and are also bigoted against them stereotyping all Muslims as violent psychopaths?

Well, she's certainly BS'ing with her defence of 'promoting public debate', heh.

Similar incident in past but with Christian figures as a target - https://merlin.obs.coe.int/iris/1995/1/article1.en.html

ECHR Ruling, in case anyone wants to read it  : https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{%22itemid%22:[%22001-187188%22]}

Edited by Malcador

I would just like to offer my congratulations to terror for winning the war on terror.

Thomas Sowell

That is not surprising considering that Turkey is one of the ECHR members. Decision does not mean that defaming Muhammad is illegal in Europe, but that freedom of expression right given in European Convention on Human Rights Article 10  does not prevent governments making laws that forbid blasphemy (which carries prison sentence in some European countries, like Germany, Poland, Russia, Turkey and Greece) and such. 

• Like 1

Their ruling doesn't change the fact that Muhammed was a pedophile you married a little girl and raped her for giggles. It also doesn't change the fact that the Christian god is a psycho who orders fathers to murder their sons to 'prove' themselves. This stuff is written in THEIR actual holy texts. Not mad eup lies by Islamic or Catholic enemies. It is in their own damn books.

LMAO