What did you do today?

Amentep

I started doing Yoga regularly about 5 years ago. Yoga with Adriene was a good way to get started, show runs through a lot of 30-day programs that are easy to follow. Now I typically just do my own routines, since I've got enough of a feel for it.

I usually mix in a lot of pilates type body weight exercises as well to help with strengthening.

I can get a solid session in with about 20 minutes, typically in between my classes. It also makes me way more focused and ready for the next group of students that come barging through the door.

• Like 1

I did some calculations yesterday and it seems that most of my money goes towards, well, cat food!

Which is worse?

a)crazy cat people

b)vapers

c)potheads

d)all of the above

Potheads. Always seem to be evangelists on What Can Weed Do For You! :p

Today I am excited as I am buying Thai food for lunch. Less enthused that they raised the price by $0.10...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I used to do Bikram Yoga but now I do mostly pre-natal yoga at home whenever my wife feels up to it :p

I also try to do at least 100 push-ups a day along with some other body weight exercises. I probably need to do more weights but as I get older I find it harder to be consistent with my workouts. The motivation just isn't there most of the time.

Looking for a new martial arts studio near my house as my old BJJ spot is just too far for me now

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I used to do Bikram Yoga but now I do mostly pre-natal yoga at home whenever my wife feels up to it :p

I also try to do at least 100 push-ups a day along with some other body weight exercises. I probably need to do more weights but as I get older I find it harder to be consistent with my workouts. The motivation just isn't there most of the time.

Looking for a new martial arts studio near my house as my old BJJ spot is just too far for me now

the internet is dangerous deep with shallow info, so take for what is worth, but am recalling reading how men who is able to do at least 40 pushups at a time fall into a category o' an extreme lowish rate for heart problems.  'course is not as if push ups prevent heart disease, but 40 is s'posed almost a litmus test for general health sufficient for negating most heart related problems.  better indicator than treadmill tests.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/well/move/how-many-push-ups-can-you-do-it-may-be-a-good-predictor-of-heart-health.html

read more on the study elsewhere and 30 at a time is considered pretty good, but still represents a significant increase in danger compared to 40.

so, if shady is doing 1 set o' 40 and two sets o' 30, and he is able to maintain such for next decades, then am suspecting he is doing well.

take it for what it is worth.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I typically do 5 sets of 20 throughout the day. A set when I wake up, a few at work because my job is so sedentary, and the last one at night. I do Marine Corps push ups though which is a 4 count push up and is basically 2 normal push ups.

Everything else is pretty much determined as the day goes on because I'm lay capital Z and self loathing can only take me so far

Edited by ShadySands

The self loathing?  :p

Spent half the day putting whatever dangerous chemical concoction on the stairs only to have a dog freak out and bum rush the kiddie gate I had up and ruin most of my work.

Also, making a pot roast with the recipe I got from Gromnir. Smells so good I might have to go dark side instead of light side even though chicken soft tacos are on the menu tonight. 

Edited by ShadySands

The self loathing?  :p

Spent half the day putting whatever dangerous chemical concoction on the stairs only to have a dog freak out and bum rush the kiddie gate I had up and ruin most of my work.

Also, making a pot roast with the recipe I got from Gromnir. Smells so good I might have to go dark side instead of light side even though chicken soft tacos are on the menu tonight. 

is almost always our intent is to do light side pot roast, but after a few hours o' cooking, particular with the meat flip every 30 minutes, we feel the pull o' the dark side and eventual give in to our hunger.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So for the first time in decades, yes with an S, I just did pushups to see how many pushups I could do. It was not 40...it was 17.  :blush:  Just regular pushups at that.

I'm not sure I'd get to 17. I have hand/finger and knee arthritis, that's my excuse!

I can still sit in a lotus position or all manner of odd leg sitting contortions in a chair pretty comfortably for hours - it's the getting up again part that is trouble.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

With a broken finger on my left hand and my right hand crushed since before I can't even do one, but I used two dumbbells and only managed 12.

Now I actually feel like I might have a heartattack any second x.x

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So for the first time in decades, yes with an S, I just did pushups to see how many pushups I could do. It was not 40...it was 17.  :blush:  Just regular pushups at that.

you got a serious advantage over shady when it comes to improving push ups. takes real effort for shady to make gains, but since you has only done once in decades, your gains would/should come much faster.  

is always a bright side.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

More deeds done here :skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein