What did you do today?

Amentep

Someone will murder you for the money.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guilty dog barks first? :p

That's an old colloquialism, Im not referring to you as a dog.

Probably would be a lot of murders if we all met in one place. Either due to inter-party violence or some sort of missile strike :p
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Imagine how disappointing it'd actually be to meet in real life and dispel all illusion over who we really are. :p

Unless one of you is secretly someone famous! :wub:

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Probably would be a lot of murders if we all met in one place. Either due to inter-party violence or some sort of missile strike :p

Bethesda would probably arrange one to get rid of alot of nagging about us wanting a "FNV2"...

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Imagine how disappointing it'd actually be to meet in real life and dispel all illusion over who we really are. :p

Every time I've seen forumite's pictures (and Missy had a lot of them in the days of yore to gawk at) I was sorely disappointed that they don't look like their avatars. :p

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Looks like cancer is back in my doggo, so that's not good news.  He's still in good spirits, I'm taking the mentality that we all have to go some time so might as well make the most of it.  Though thinking that when I have a dachshund attempting to boss me around does get hard some times :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Looks like cancer is back in my doggo, so that's not good news.  He's still in good spirits, I'm taking the mentality that we all have to go some time so might as well make the most of it.  Though thinking that when I have a dachshund attempting to boss me around does get hard some times :lo:

Oh man, sorry to hear that.

My mutt just got her cone off after her cancer surgery 

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well he's not dead yet! :) Doctor says she has no idea how long he has but told us what to watch for so we know to not keep him on longer than need be.

Every time I've seen forumite's pictures (and Missy had a lot of them in the days of yore to gawk at) I was sorely disappointed that they don't look like their avatars. :p

Could print out avatars as masks, and everyone is forced to wear them.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

My avatar happens to be an actual .gif of me, so there will be no mistakes on that front.

Unfortunately, I did not win the Mega Millions. Fortunately, nobody else did either. The jacpot is up to $888M as of today and my offer still stands if I hit on the next drawing. :lol:

My avatar happens to be an actual .gif of me, so there will be no mistakes on that front.

Unfortunately, I did not win the Mega Millions. Fortunately, nobody else did either. The jacpot is up to $888M as of today and my offer still stands if I hit on the next drawing. :lol:

How much of that do you have to pay in taxes ?  Suppose one good thing here is the fact you don't pay taxes on winnings, granted, you pay it on the wager :lol:

Weed is legal in Canada today, so expecting a lot of ****ing douchebags blowing smoke all over downtown.

How much of that do you have to pay in taxes ?  Suppose one good thing here is the fact you don't pay taxes on winnings, granted, you pay it on the wager :lol:

It depends. There are two options for collecting lottery winning; all at once or parceled out over 30 years. If you take the lump sum, you get ~70% before taxes. If you take the 30 year payout, you received the entire jackpot over the course of time and "only" pay normal taxes for the annual disbursement.

• Like 1

Shinichiro Miki, Kōsuke Toriumi, and Kenjirō Tsuda - if one could marry just a voice, it'd be one of those three. ;) There's some in-chr. audio-CD's of the three I found on YT that I listen to in the background while doing paperwork. :p

Especially Shinichiro Miki - his general voice is great but when he starts screaming/shouting or laughing it's even better.

I need to find this Amagi Brilliant Park show just to skim through for the angry screaming shark, lol.

Currently skimming through Reideen, a mediocre giant-mech anime I could only find on YouTube.

Short-term obsessions are fun time-wasters, sometimes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How much of that do you have to pay in taxes ? Suppose one good thing here is the fact you don't pay taxes on winnings, granted, you pay it on the wager :lol:

It depends. There are two options for collecting lottery winning; all at once or parceled out over 30 years. If you take the lump sum, you get ~70% before taxes. If you take the 30 year payout, you received the entire jackpot over the course of time and "only" pay normal taxes for the annual disbursement.

Gotcha, well still more than enough to live on. Maybe you could buy Obsidian with that kind of change, hmm...

1 billion now. https://canoe.com/news/world/americas-mega-millions-lottery-jackpot-hits-us1-billion

Edited by Malcador

Shinichiro Miki, Kōsuke Toriumi, and Kenjirō Tsuda - if one could marry just a voice, it'd be one of those three. ;) There's some in-chr. audio-CD's of the three I found on YT that I listen to in the background while doing paperwork. :p

Especially Shinichiro Miki - his general voice is great but when he starts screaming/shouting or laughing it's even better.

I need to find this Amagi Brilliant Park show just to skim through for the angry screaming shark, lol.

Currently skimming through Reideen, a mediocre giant-mech anime I could only find on YouTube.

Short-term obsessions are fun time-wasters, sometimes.

I loved Amagi Brilliant Park, was great fun watching it. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I voted

The worst part is always the judge retention because even with the little guide book they give you it's tough to really get any info on them. The book is approvals by attorneys and some board and they are always in favor of retention. 

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Said good bye to my doggo, started bleeding profusely and had bleeding tumors on kidneys so was time to do it.

Was there at end, went better than I expected. So, just have to look after family today.