What did you do today?

Amentep

How about one of those doorbells with the built in camera?

You mean so I can look outside on a screen? I have considered one of those security cameras where you check the video online or something. We bought one of those for that other house since it was so far away. Something like that so I could have it open on a desktop to view the front porch while doing other geeky pc things might be nice. We have a door peephole but I'm too short to use it without dragging a  stepstool over. So annoying. :lol:

I think a bit of porch fencing would be simpler. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just to make sure were both talking about the same thing, I was meaning the Ring or Nest type products.

Unless I have to sign for something, which is very rare, I have no need to talk to the delivery people. I mean, these days they don't even knock on the door most of the time, just walk up, drop and run. So all I'd need is a camera to see when the packages have arrived vs. opening the door to check all the time.

Also, we don't have a doorbell. Well, we do, but it's always disconnected because we can't stand it.  :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:lol:

doorbell-01.jpg

Btw, anyone want a Dell 1440 27" monitor? Nothing special, but they work well enough.

Hubby in a nutshell. People want to toss stuff that works (or he can repair), he grabs it.  He uses three of them on his desk, too. Maybe, if he can spare one, :getlost: I might grab one soon.

monitorstacks-01.jpg

Gotta take Xiu Xiu to the vet: diarrhea :/

She can control herself but she also makes the litterbox really hard to clean. I think she drank a few sips of milk when I wasn't looking and that has messed up her digestive system a bit. I just hope the vet can give her a shot or something because it's really hard to feed either of my cats something they dont like.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The wayyy off topic forum... hm.... .this could be sort of interesting I guess. 

I'm just sort of used to the old system of video games where you talked about in the room or nearby you might glean bits from a manual. 

then I feel like we entered into the era of talking about video games online or more easily with fans and ZOOM we're over to just talking about

everything online but honestly HEY that's fine it's actually me being here because I guess I'll try and participate some....

Certainly  I don't mind if other people go about it... ok um.... 

Er well today's been a short day but I'm thinking about going ona small wlak walk* maybe I guess, we'll see. 

:lol:

Btw, anyone want a Dell 1440 27" monitor? Nothing special, but they work well enough.

Hubby in a nutshell. People want to toss stuff that works (or he can repair), he grabs it.  He uses three of them on his desk, too. Maybe, if he can spare one, :getlost: I might grab one soon.

I'd love to have one, but shipping might be more than a new one :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well, today is Fettisdagen, so I have been eating semlas. And went to the hospital to get my finger checked (Healing fine, I've got some nervedamage though).

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Install Win10

Me: "I need to set up net/lan access cause I want Firefox etc"

Hubby: (looks) "You probably need a driver for the mobo off the CD."

Me: "I don't have a CD"

Hubby: "It's in the mobo box."

Me: "I don't have a CD player in the new rig we didn't buy one."

Hubby: "...."

:disguise:

(he fixed it grabbing it on his pc's/usb stick but, lol at us....)

• Like 1

I like the new rig. It is super fast, and 5 second load times in FFXV is dreamy. I don't like Win10 (no surprise) but I'll be using old Win7 for non-gaming anyway.  The 2 port DisplayPort KVM switch I bought rather sucks however and I'm currently using one of hubby's 1440 monitors (they're HP, not Dell, oops) and separate KB/mouse on one corner of my desk which is annoying to say the least. Works for while I'm sussing out Win10 poop tho.

Had to say goodbye to my foster dog today. She got adopted by a family with two teens and a cat. I'm sure she will make them very happy as much as my own dog makes me.

That's always a bit rough. I've given up a couple cats when I had too many already and one was hard to part with. But at the time my cat-inn was totally full. Still, at least giving them a good new home makes me feel better.

• Like 1

Install Win10

Me: "I need to set up net/lan access cause I want Firefox etc"

Hubby: (looks) "You probably need a driver for the mobo off the CD."

Me: "I don't have a CD"

Hubby: "It's in the mobo box."

Me: "I don't have a CD player in the new rig we didn't buy one."

Hubby: "...."

:disguise:

(he fixed it grabbing it on his pc's/usb stick but, lol at us....)

I didn't have that problem.

... I bought an internal BluRay burner. :p

Finally all done (except Win10 fiddling which is never truly done, right) and I can now think about something else again. Or not think at all, which is far more likely.

Time for some grub! Made a small roast last night, going to eat the leftovers then maybe finish Umbrella Acad.

• Like 1

It's that time of year again. I turned the garden soil yesterday. I put down fertilizer and returned it today. This week I'll plan out what to plant and next weekend we'll make it happen.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I feel arse. Got all the symptoms of lateral pharyngitis and a cold. Fun times.

Will visit the doc tomorrow. It's been four or five years since my last sickleave, time to get someting out of my insurance. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Whats the most finicky thing you grow? Tomatos?

Believe it or not butter beans have been the biggest challenge. The plants grow with no trouble. But only 3 in 5 actually produce bean pods. Dunno why. Tomatoes are a bit of an aggravation because you have to start them in trays and manage their growth with ties and lattice. But if you meet all their requirements they grow pretty well. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Fava beans grew like gangbusters, get huge, and taste really good and are good for the soil supposedly.

Hubby has had the worst luck with tomatoes since we moved back to the Peninsula. They often end up with a rot issue around the stem or the point at the bottom. He's tried everything = removing soil/replacing soil, other plants good for soil/pests around them, fertilizer, different watering cycles, growing from seedlings, sprouting from seeds, etc etc.