What did you do today?

Amentep

I wake up 3 am to the sounds of a cat crying in the alley. Crying doesn't stop so I go downstairs to check it out. Turns out some major a-hole has decided to throw out a ca. 5 month old kitten outside.

Grabbed it and brought it inside. It meowed a bit at first but boy was he happy to see some food! It stopped meowing after he was done eating.

Pretty sure I am keeping him if I can't find him a good home.

My cat pounced on me today and managed to not only bring me down to my knees but her nails got caught under the skin (she hasn't gotten them trimmed in far too long so it's more my fault). I am sporting a few new deep scratches but it's all good, I'm the only one she plays like this with.

I signed up for this, I much rather have this though than her get declawed. Her nails are literally her pride and joy. When trimmed, you can see her happiness and confidence dissappear.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I wake up 3 am to the sounds of a cat crying in the alley. Crying doesn't stop so I go downstairs to check it out. Turns out some major a-hole has decided to throw out a ca. 5 month old kitten outside.

Grabbed it and brought it inside. It meowed a bit at first but boy was he happy to see some food! It stopped meowing after he was done eating.

Pretty sure I am keeping him if I can't find him a good home.

@Azdeus: glad to see you healing, bro. Cheers. :)

You are a good man katphood!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The fence is done at the new place. The guys I hired to cut a new road with a bobcat were there yesterday. They sent me pics and it looks like they did a good job. Sunny and I are going out there is a little bit to look it over. I'm meeting the horse farm guys on Friday so they can see it and sign the lease. That all came together nicely. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In yet another display of "I aint getting no younger", I had to use a (slang term for a kitty cat) bar to get the lug nuts off my tires yesterday. The last time I got my tires rotated the dude must have been all "Mwuahahaha, you'll never get these off!". Thank god for Archimedes! I couldn't help but reflect how Shady does more pushups per day than Ive done in over a decade. :( That and I would have been screwed if I would have gotten a flat on the side of the road. At least I feel warm and fuzzy for getting all four done and not having to worry about it for a few years. w00t!

• Like 3

Spent the day so far playing STO, doing some work that can only be done in off hours, procrastinating on homework, and disagreeing on names with the missus. I need to start getting the condo ready to get rented because we close on the house in 3 weeks.

Free games updated 3/4/21

In yet another display of "I aint getting no younger", I had to use a (slang term for a kitty cat) bar to get the lug nuts off my tires yesterday. The last time I got my tires rotated the dude must have been all "Mwuahahaha, you'll never get these off!". Thank god for Archimedes! I couldn't help but reflect how Shady does more pushups per day than Ive done in over a decade. :( That and I would have been screwed if I would have gotten a flat on the side of the road. At least I feel warm and fuzzy for getting all four done and not having to worry about it for a few years. w00t!

I always change my tyres myself, and use a torque wrench set at 85nm. I really hate having to change the lug nuts, wheel bolts and/or rims because some dolt is too lazy to do his job and uses an impact wrench to tighten the nuts down.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well, I'm feeling somewhat pleased. Finally got a job offer, a decent salary and working times and all that.

Of course, the HR email me all these forms and documents to fill out, but they're in a mix of pdf's, word, and excel sheets that ask you to print them out, sign them, and then scan them back in before emailing them back.  Half of them could be filled out on the computer if they'd just set the damn fields up right, but noooo. Have to print off and then hand write and scan it all back in.

• Like 5

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Doing problems on leetcode and realizing I am indeed stupid. Have the day off so should clean up the house some and shovel the snow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I always change my tyres myself, and use a torque wrench set at 85nm. I really hate having to change the lug nuts, wheel bolts and/or rims because some dolt is too lazy to do his job and uses an impact wrench to tighten the nuts down.

Luckily I had a pipe bender in the garage and the lug wrench fit perfectly in its handle. Suddenly I had the strength of Sampson! :p I really should invest in a torque wrench now that you mention it.

• Like 1

Too much spam on a couple of the email addy's that I use for net access and after a year it's not dying down much.

Deleted one I never use/have no record of using for anything important.

Created a new email addy to replace one which is not used too often (only maybe 6 or 7 important things). But the other one is the main online use one for several years and the idea of figuring out/logging into and changing it for dozens of sites/services will be a big PITA.

Pfft, I want to game now, let's see how much less spam there is from the initial action, first .... procrastination-rationalization.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Luckily I had a pipe bender in the garage and the lug wrench fit perfectly in its handle. Suddenly I had the strength of Sampson! :p I really should invest in a torque wrench now that you mention it.

It's a very handy tool to have when you're doing your own maintenance :)

It's quite possible to save money and time with it in the long run.

Only annoyance I've had with it is finding the right numbers, the torque for the wheel nuts is simple enough, just look it up in the manual, but finding the torque for the sway bar, servo system and such? Not as easy.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Chatted with an old friend about the days of yore and some of the pranks we pulled at school.

Our usual English professor was off promoting her artwork for two weeks and we were assigned a substitute that had just graduated. Our classroom had a row of lockers that were different from the regular ones that every other class had (in our school classes generally stayed within their assigned classroom, so the lockers were always inside the actual classrooms instead of in the hall).

They were several times broader but only half the height. But most importantly that made them large enough to fit a small student inside. As luck would have it we had a smallish guy (let's call him Bob) in our class who also happened to be flexible enough to not only easily fit into the locker but be able to get in and out without help.

Bob agreed to wait inside the locker until the substitute teacher called for someone to clean the board, then open it from inside, get out, hobble to the board like a deranged hunchback, wipe it clean and get back in.

So, in the middle of class she called out for a student to clear the board, someone got up, knocked twice on the locker, which opened to reveal a really deranged looking and drooling Bob that hobbled towards the chalkboard, wiped it down, bowed, and hobbled back into the locker.

Well that led to one hell of a bewildered look that transitioned into angry screaming and her not showing up for any of the other classes. Eh, and some reprimands.

Edit:

Looking back I'm beginning to understand why our teachers despised my class. Our department supervisor once said that he's got two problems. Us and a sore on his arse and the latter was likely to go away in a week. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

With 4 friends getting married next year, finding out how much crap one has to do for a wedding. Surprised people bother with this :p  Still am not convinced by the need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on engagement rings either - one spent $12,000 !

All this means I need to get a new suit too, bleh.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

With 4 friends getting married next year, finding out how much crap one has to do for a wedding. Surprised people bother with this :p  Still am not convinced by the need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on engagement rings either - one spent $12,000 !

All this means I need to get a new suit too, bleh.

Getting married in a park with jeans or casual clothing, 10 min. ceremony, and a BBQ and frisbees all for maybe $300-400 (I forget, renting the park for the afternoon was the highest cost), ftw. Oh, and $6 silver rings bought at a jewelry fair. Some people really like all that huge fancy stuff tho. Whatever works for you as they say.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The cost is one of the reasons me and my girlfriend agreed to never have a wedding. We'll probably marry at a point, but the celebration will probably consist of me and her going to a nice restaurant at the most.

Today I had to cancel my plans for the third weekend in a row. Turns out being a parent can be pretty time consuming.

Today I had to cancel my plans for the third weekend in a row. Turns out being a parent can be pretty time consuming.

My parents keep telling me it's a life time job... :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I spent a lot of money. And it wasn't on a wedding.

...I'm hoping I can install Steam on the new rig and then just copy a game steamapp folder from the old rig + save games and Steam will figure it out when I try to click play or verify files or something. I won't be installing most of my current Steam games on the new rig but I do not want to download FFXV's 160GB again or try to remember what mods I had on FO:NV etc. >.>

Edited by LadyCrimson

I did my taxes. One nice thing about not being a business owner is not having to write the goddamned filthy IRS a big check right about this time of year. Instead i get to brood over the interest free loan I gave them on the money they took from me that I didn't owe. Oh well. 

Dw_77c0WwAAx3XS.jpg

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell