What did you do today?

Amentep

Something useful for his new life may be good. Some thing like bathrobes, a coat rack, or a cook book.

If you are looking for something with a more personal touch you can look around your area to see if there are any wood engravers.

Are there any particular hobbies that the both of you share? A gift that pertains to that maybe the right route.

Chocolate fountain.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Cleaned my PC.

Drinking some beer now.

Well deserved :)

---

Went to the doctors, got my wounds cleaned up, rebandaged, took some bloodwork for my potassium levels, blood pressure, got some medical documents and reciepts, went to work to hand over said documents, drank coffee and chatted with some coworkers while there - complained alot. They told me about the asshattery of the people working inside. Made them write a report about it, made them file incident reports.

Turns out they really miss me, since people have started to try and boss them around. Something they dare not try to do when I'm working.

Turns out they didn't miss me, but my no bullpoo accepted attitude ^^

Went home, got Steam to start downloading Metro Exodus. First time in my life I actually preordered something, though I did it in the last minute before it was removed from Steam. Feels sort of bittersweet.

Decided that food is overrated, and am going to bed in an hour or so to try and hope to get some proper sleep for the first time in days.

Oh... and I stubbed my toe aswell, because I'm not in enough pain as it is. /edgy

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

@Azdeus - Have you considered getting your whole body covered with bubble wrap?  :shifty:

Haha, my boss actually sugested this while doing an incident report about my injury. XD

• Like 1

Cleared some ice, grinded in D3.  Pretty lame way to spend a day off :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think Ive mentioned this before...so I go pick up the break pads and they cost $107.00. But amazingly, break pads come with a lifetime warranty, so after I swap these out with the worn pads, I simply return the worn pads to the store and they give me my money back. It blows my mind every time and a complete break job on my cars costs me ~1 hour of my time. That and I like working with my hands so its not really a "job" to me. *highfiveself :lol:

Today I learned the meaning of the word "retcon". Somehow I made it is through 47 years without knowing it was even a thing. 

Some folks have waaaayyy to little too much time on their hands. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I wake up 3 am to the sounds of a cat crying in the alley. Crying doesn't stop so I go downstairs to check it out. Turns out some major a-hole has decided to throw out a ca. 5 month old kitten outside.

Grabbed it and brought it inside. It meowed a bit at first but boy was he happy to see some food! It stopped meowing after he was done eating.

Pretty sure I am keeping him if I can't find him a good home.

@Azdeus: glad to see you healing, bro. Cheers. :)

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 4

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Got home to my youngest dog barking so loud I could hear her as soon as I got off the elevator and my condo is at the very end of the hallway. Walked in and noticed that the power died sometime today because both the microwave and oven clocks are flashing. My gaming computer is stuck in a weird loop where it kind of clicks on then off without any fans spinning or anything. 

Free games updated 3/4/21

Spent most of the last couple days zoning out rewatching/skimming through fave Korean tragi-weeper-dramas and eating takeout. And if not doing that, pacing around the house like a caged tiger. In one of those moods.  :aiee:

edit: apparently 2019 is a year for many of my fave korean actors to exit their military duty, so perhaps in another year or so some will have a new show. Yay.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today I learned the meaning of the word "retcon". Somehow I made it is through 47 years without knowing it was even a thing.

Curious, what about retcons makes you come to the time-wasting conclusion?

Two of my coworers were discussing why the technology in the new Star Trek movies and new show was so much more advanced than the TOS. They decided it had something to do with something that happened in the enterprise show.  I chimed in it was because the TOS was made in the '60s and the new stuff is, well... new. Apparently that wasn't the right answer. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Working on a mod for OOTP. I've been working on it for a bloody year now along with a few others. I discussed it here before and someone said I was a glutton for punishment. They were not kidding. 

Thomas Sowell

Curious, what about retcons makes you come to the time-wasting conclusion?

Two of my coworers were discussing why the technology in the new Star Trek movies and new show was so much more advanced than the TOS. They decided it had something to do with something that happened in the enterprise show. I chimed in it was because the TOS was made in the '60s and the new stuff is, well... new. Apparently that wasn't the right answer.

That sounds like they're just making stuff up. That's not a retcon, that's headcanon and that IS a waste of time. :lol:

• Like 1

Found out I did indeed get a copy of the Civ 4 poster, so that made my day

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra