What did you do today?

Amentep

Muted isn't a bad word for how I've been feeling lately as well. I need to get out more, to be honest, but at the same time I dislike going out in any city-ent. sense and it takes too long through constant street traffic to get to true open space and back again now, so I usually just stay home/in the yard except for 20-30 min. walks around the neighborhood to stretch my legs. :/

At the moment I'm waiting on Amazon to deliver weekly order + weekend munchies. Supposed to rain a lot I think so this weekend might be mostly indoors. Unless it's really stormy, then I might go out with the raincoat and a camera. Y'know that poster pic from Unbreakable where Bruce is in the rain in his poncho? That's me. Minus the superpowers. Or the "looks kinda creepy" factor. Plus I'm not Bruce. Um...never mind.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

spent the week in san francisco with the +$2000 suit crowd.  main reason why we were there were to tell 'em what they already know: government NDAs is stoopid.  there is some few exceptions, but the problem is strict scrutiny, the standard by which the validity o' govt nda is measured, requires not only a compelling state interest, but the method by which state achieves ends must be the least restrictive means.  least restrictive is no joke-- virtual auto-fail for government. as such, the typical government nda (which is surprising common) might as well be written on kleenex for all the good it does. describing the margins o' law where an nda might be enforceable kept us occupied for four days?

whatever.  

we did get to do dim sum at yank sing's... though everytime we go to sf we lament the closure o' clown alley.  franchino's, an unpretentious family-run restaurant, is up the street on columbus from where clown alley once were and am glad we were able make a stop at one o' our favorite italian restaurants. as such, the week weren't a complete loss.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Saw The Play That Goes Wrong. Pretty funny, they manage to keep the screw ups non repetitive.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Going to the VFW today at noon. I'm helping to roast a pig for the Super Bowl party tonight. And other goodies too. Sunny is coming with. Hopefully she will behave.... she won't   :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ran 14 miles in the rain this morning, it was great. I even dragged my wife along for the first 5 miles.

Impressive. If a little barbaric.

:p

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Move to the Bay Area and you too could find a great single-family home deal like this one!

http://www.ktvu.com/news/burned-out-property-in-willow-glen-sells-for-over-900k (yes that's land value but it's still funny in a painful sort of way...)

When I was a kid it was still over-expensive here sure, but nothing like it is now. I think only NYC is worse, cost-of-living, housing vs income, and the like, than here. So out of control....

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had some guy inspect some of my furniture. I am going to have some of my stuff renovated but I have deal with them one at a time because well, it costs money.

Someday I will reupholster my mom's very simple couch. Which I still love because it's not all poofy or designer or made for people with 5 foot legs like everything they do today.

...I can't even find an image of old 50s or 60's couches that looks remotely the same. Some semi-close maybe but not really.

I am now the proud owner of 17 acres of rural unimproved farmland on Richland Creek between Covington and Brownsville. This weekend I'm going to start building a fence around it. I have a tentative agreement with one of the local horse farms to lease it for sorghum & millet planting. I'll have to build the fence and do some improvements to the access road but I pretty sure I can make that happen.

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am now the proud owner of 17 acres of rural unimproved farmland on Richland Creek between Covington and Brownsville. This weekend I'm going to start building a fence around it. I have a tentative agreement with one of the local horse farms to lease it for sorghum & millet planting. I'll have to build the fence and do some improvements to the access road but I pretty sure I can make that happen.

Has congress passed a budget for the building of said fence?  :shifty:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

:lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

there is another option.

perhaps a rugby pitch instead?  might baffle the locals.  jonah lomu died in 2015. perhaps if gd builds it, he will come.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Free rugby matches every day? I'd like that!

Thomas Sowell

Don't I wish!  :lol:

Actually I probably have a better shot then Trump does!

Thomas Sowell

Injured myself at work. Again.

The doctor says mallet finger and I'm getting an xray tomorrow. Atleast it's the left hand. Downside is it's the W finger... #gamer

Edit; Also, got a shot of morphine, no effect. #fml?

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Thank you, precisely in time for Metro Exodus release aswell. Guess I'm going to play with a controller. :(