What did you do today?

Amentep

Got a fidget spinner from my aunt, so that is high point of day

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got a fidget spinner from my aunt, so that is high point of day

Glad to see that you learnt to type with one hand.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Come on, I've been on the Internet since 1996.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You're so young, enjoy your youth!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Noob :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey, I used a 386 until 1996 as well, not my fault I was poor. :p

Hey, I used a 386 until 1996 as well, not my fault I was poor. :p

I was a late comer to PC

My first email address was indeed gorth@soemthinguniversity.dk in 1991 but my computer at home for many years (and my first internet capable computer) was ye olde Commodore Amiga. I did get TCP/IP for my old Commodore 64 too, but never got to use it. The Amiga however was active on the net until it got retired. It was actually Fallout (the official demo that got released) and Tomb Raider that was to blame for that. Couldn't run properly on the PC Emulator I had ;(

I *think* my first PC was a Pentium II that I built.

Edit: I had email address at uni before that, but it was the first with my old gamer name (Gorth as in, the chosen one, saviour of the universe, slayer of Doomdark etc. is from around 1982)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I got a "computer licence" from school that included "using the internet" somewhere around 1993 or 94. At the time I also got an email adress from the school but I didn't really use that one, but I did get my hotmail adress that I still use around 1998. My father started attending programming courses at around 89-90 so around then we also got our first computer, and he stayed on the cutting edge for the first few years, and I got my first own computer at around 1995, at the same time he built a home network for the computers, with a central server and Novell Netware for access to the computers.

I think the first one I had was a 486DX2 66Mhz which got upgraded to a Pentium 120Mhz model soon thereafter. I think I had a S3 Trio wwith 4Mb of memory. I had that Pentium for quite a while, but I did get a Voodoo 2 accelerator, until I got an AMD K6-2 450Mhz at around 1999. And another Voodoo2 card.

After that I got my fathers AMD Athlon 1Ghz and TNT2... That was the last computer I was really given, I was an adult after that and I had to buy my own stuff. :p

Heh, I still have most of those cpus lying around...

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

if i leave my country it will be for one reason only: the 3rd world like internet connections. i pay for a 24mbps ADSL and i only get 9mbps (because companies here have been allowed to charge one tariff for all regardless of what you get). there is a VDSL cabin 2 streets away but not here and god only knows when they will install one. 2 weeks ago i had constant disconnections and it took them 5 days to fix it, now the speed had dropped to 3mbps and it will take another 5 at best to fix and to top it all off is that we have to pay more for these connections than most people in EU 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Where are you? Canada? From what I've heard, it's disgustingly expensive.

I think Finland is the best, as they have super speed for cheap since years already. Germany is a very mixed bag.. you get a great connection in one town, but the next a few kilometers down the road is back in the stone age.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I live in the boonies here, and I've got 100/100 fiber. I pay about 35€/month for that.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I live in the boonies here, and I've got 100/100 fiber. I pay about 35€/month for that.

here in Greece 35€/month is for 24/2 and god only knows what the actual speed will be because the infrastructure is crap. for a 100/100 fiber you need to pay 150+

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

****ing hell, if someone tried that here, we'd carve a blood eagle out of them

I overslept something fierce. Went to be 13 hours ago and woke up thirty minutes ago. ****.

On a more positive note, massive amounts of snow supposed to drop over here \o/

I put a down payment on some investment property today. Writing that check hurt. Handing the envelope to the Fedx lady hurt. But I think it's a sound move and it has an income opportunity almost immediately. Once I put a little work into it. I feel bad buying from a foreclosure sale but one man's loss is another's opportunity. It's vacant land so it's not like someone lost their home or anything.  Besides ever since I sold the townhouse that money has been just sitting there earning minimal interest. Sometime the worst thing to do is nothing. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Took a day of work today because of the snow. The person that runs the snowplough here has been lazy so there is about 2dm of snow on the road, so people have been compacting the snow pretty badly the past few days, and yesterday the temperature crept above freezing with a tad of snowfall. Which is a really bad combination with the temperatures dropping to -10C over night and it has yet to go above -6. I'm not tempted to drive my Volvo with lowered suspension over that, since plastic spoilers are, surprisingly, not meant to be used for snow ploughing...

So far, I've spent all day reading my new Conan; Adventures in an age undreamed of rule-books while listening to a variety of drumbeat heavy tribal soundtracks.

Worked from home, sort of, as we got about 4-5 inches of snow and I had to shovel that so figured I'd do that instead of waking up early. 

• Like 1

Found out The Prodigy works better than caffeine

• Like 2