What did you do today?

Amentep

I could use the tenant, Gromnir. :p

am current a package deal which includes four dogs and one cat.  might not be your ideal tennant situation. although admitted, would only be ten years or so, tops.  given our age and health, am gonna be able to start using principal in approx ten years and will need be less frugal.  as such, by 2029 we might be able to afford living in converted & detached storage shed space in the bay area.

integral to our larger retirement plan were donations o' monies to a couple charities, donations which woulda' been noticeable smaller if we tried to retire anywhere in bay area.   already gave over half our property to charity which gave us a nice warm and fuzzy feel.

had actual serious considered moving more towards gd neck o' the woods.  given housing costs in memphis, we would not need make an appeal to rent out garage space. while am not much a fan o' the south, memphis has notable cultural and culinary diversity and overall cost o' living is on the extreme low side.  on downside, heat during summer is similar to sacramento and there is more humidity to endure. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Got home from a long bike ride today to find my family had locked me out. Managed to get into the garage, so I am setting up an old roku box to an old tv while I wait for someone to get home.

Your wife has left you.

:p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got home from a long bike ride today to find my family had locked me out. Managed to get into the garage, so I am setting up an old roku box to an old tv while I wait for someone to get home.

I'm sure it was "accidental".  :shifty:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That's what I said to hubby those times I've locked him out by accident .... while we were both still at home (eg, I didn't realize he was outside/in the yard). I think he carries a housekey in his pocket at all times now.  :biggrin: 

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's what I said to hubby those times I've locked him out by accident .... while we were both still at home (eg, I didn't realize he was outside/in the yard). I think he carries a housekey in his pocket at all times now.  :biggrin:

am uncertain where our house key is.  if we go out o' town for more than a day, then we lock the front door, but garage door opener in the car is how we gain access to the homestead.  otherwise, front door and rear sliders is always unlocked. only crime in our area is teen silliness or the infrequent domestic dispute.... although there has been two murders over the past couple decades.  

when were planning on selling the home residence, we did look around for our house keys.  spent a couple hours looking through drawers. no luck. figured we were gonna have to get replacement lock for the door so real estate agent would have something to put in the lockbox.

'tween the dogs and the complete absence o' meaningful crime in the community, we never has seen a real need to lockup our home.

HA! Good Fun!

ps on the other hand, the improbable ways in which we has accidental locked our self out o' our car(s) is legion. kinda embarrassing.

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Going to Nashville for two days tomorrow for work. They guy I'm travelling with asked f there are any good BBQ places there. I told  him "you live 40 minutes from Memphis... you don't go to Nashville for your BBQ!" 

But I am planning on going to Bob's Steak & Chop House. It's a block from Music Row & it is most excellent!

I wish I could bring Sunny. She's staying with a friend. It's not that I don't trust her with Sunny but... no one loves your pup like you do!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ill be happy just to live to retirement age. :lol:

Sadly, no such age exists :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the past two years, I've gone to eat ramen on a Saturday. Only in the past few months have I started branching out to explore the many different ramen shops in the Dallas area. It's getting harder to differentiate between places that simply have ramen on the menu and genuine ramen shops. I've been to places that I'm positive served me instant ramen. Literally one place I went to had the ramen be a stuck together round mass at the bottom of the bowl, like it was an unstirred brick of Shin Ramyun Black.

Yesterday I was at the place that's giving a good run on being the favorite. Had a Tan Tan Men with tempura shrimp. The broth was fantastic, but it was apparently a mistake to add additional spice. The mild built up on the tongue until the broth's natural flavor was impossible to taste anymore.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Heh, I just read the Outer Worlds forum description for the first time.

What? A Mystary? Speculation? Dreaming? Imagining? This is the place to test assumptions, gossip joyfully and speculate playfully about whatever The Outer Worlds might be …

Little things like these make this place so enjoyable.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Heh, I just read the Outer Worlds forum description for the first time.

What? A Mystary? Speculation? Dreaming? Imagining? This is the place to test assumptions, gossip joyfully and speculate playfully about whatever The Outer Worlds might be …

Little things like these make this place so enjoyable.

I thought you were pulling my leg but that turned out to be a genuine surprise

I see its ~28 miles from Dallas, but Mitsuwa (Plano) usually has really good ramen in their food court.

I've been over there a bunch, actually, but never in Mitsuwa. Up until a few months ago, I was eating my ramen at a shop just down the road. Sapporo

Two people who ran the front were really good to me and it kept me coming back. Then they quit, so I decided to explore.

Nobody told me there was ramen in their food court. So I've got a place for this Saturday picked out then.

I am getting gorram tired of the various "You've shown you have the skills and can do the job, but we don't think you fit the culture of our company" type negative responses on the job hunt.

You want someone to do the job, you've said I have the ability do the job, just give me the gorram job.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Surprised you get responses. Usually is just silence here

I've noticed back in the days that sending job applications via e-Mail rarely triggers a response from companies. Probably because it's too easy to just delete / ignore a mail, while physical post needs some extra care.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yep, takes an extra step to put into the document destruction bin :p

Had an Initech like all hands meeting, right down to telling us to think "Is this good for the division?". 

Inheritance is going to be a lot more than I was expecting. When it finally arrives/gets out of legal, most will go into savings etc. but contemplating splurging on something I wouldn't ordinarily splurge on. Just can't think of anything. I live a quiet life with quiet (mostly) inexpensive hobbies and ... Hm. Hubby is likely to talk about doing something like building a greenhouse all day long and never do it - maybe I'll just do it for him (eg, hire people).

...or maybe I'll build an attached fenced in cat-run/house for indoor kitties to play in the sunshine. I'd have to get more kitties tho.

...couple-hood peace is better off with the greenhouse vs. poking holes in house walls. I can grow my own jalapeno's, bok choy and romaine lettuces at least.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Due to some issues with mx records while changing our email provider, I've been on the phone with spectrum for 3 hours. This is the fourth time I've talked to them since Saturday. Nothing has really changed. They can't figure it out. So it's being escalated a second time.

Today was pretty fun, though. Talk to the basic level, go through the same tests they did back on Monday, then get transferred to a new department. New department says they can't help me, I need to talk to the department I was just transferred from. Original department, new person, has me explain the whole issue again, then get me back to the new department. Then apparently there's a conference call with a lead and two departments as they try to figure it out. At one point they suggested I make a change to nameservers. Changing them back from what they told me to change them from yesterday. Seems they decided against it when I pointed that out. And now we're just going to make the department leads figure it out, I guess.

Inheritance is going to be a lot more than I was expecting. When it finally arrives/gets out of legal, most will go into savings etc. but contemplating splurging on something I wouldn't ordinarily splurge on. Just can't think of anything. I live a quiet life with quiet (mostly) inexpensive hobbies and ... Hm. Hubby is likely to talk about doing something like building a greenhouse all day long and never do it - maybe I'll just do it for him (eg, hire people).

...or maybe I'll build an attached fenced in cat-run/house for indoor kitties to play in the sunshine. I'd have to get more kitties tho.

...couple-hood peace is better off with the greenhouse vs. poking holes in house walls. I can grow my own jalapeno's, bok choy and romaine lettuces at least.

am proposing an alternative

HA! Good Fun!

Experiencing "global warming" up close and personal :lol:

I think it's going to be one of those days today indeed. 35 degrees when I got out of bed this morning (that's 95f for North Americans).

Forecast says 45-46 in the afternoon (113-115f). I saw pictures from South Australia where people were baking cookies on rocks outside their home.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein