What did you do today?

Amentep

Took Sunny back to the vet today. She has a heart murmur. It's grade 3 so she's on a couple of medicines to help. It's been a year since it was diagnosed and so far it hasn't progressed. It will eventually but hopefully not for years. I guess she's about 6-7 now. The was at least 2-3 when we found her wandering around a campground in Sugarloaf Key, nothing but skin and bones.  She is my best buddy. I take her pretty much everywhere.

Update: Still Grade 3, staying on the same meds. Good news for sure. 

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got the keys to a new place a few days ago. Got electricity yesterday. Won't get any of my furniture until mid next week. No ETA for internet connection. Ah well, could have been worse. Living in a serviced apartment just across the street at the moment. I hate the extra expense though, but I'm a bit at the mercy of the removal company.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got the keys to a new place a few days ago. Got electricity yesterday. Won't get any of my furniture until mid next week. No ETA for internet connection. Ah well, could have been worse. Living in a serviced apartment just across the street at the moment. I hate the extra expense though, but I'm a bit at the mercy of the removal company.

Hang in there, is these little hassles that give modern life meaning. Future generations will look back to us with incredulous shock at how we use to live, your trials will not be in vain.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Post a lot saying that no third person view is a slap in the face.  Maybe you can get them to put one in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^Im greatly amused by the posters going all "no romance, huzzah!". Because, you know, its not like they cant just ignore it. Inb4 "it consumes zots that could otherwise make the game better." :lol:

Ah great, it's POE again.  I guess I will go promancer this time around, the anti-romance people get too wound up not to. :p

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ordered some things from Amazom.com as christmas presents for some friends kids... Noticed it had been delivered, only to realise that for some really stupid reason I forgot to double-check the address, and the one I'd sent them to was the house they moved out of last month.

Goddammit.

When you forget to double-check things.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Obsidian just needs to release mod tools, then everyone can make their own romances.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Went for an early morning run/bike in the cold, and now I'm upstairs relaxing and hiding out while my wife and daughter have a Girl Scouts meeting. I was too tired to do much other than watch TV, and I stumbled upon this Gamer's Choice Awards show. You know, I love video games. I've played them my entire life. I am fascinated by the history of the early gaming companies and how they turned it into such a big industry. I love reading about the development process and all that goes into making games today. But I just don't get the gaming culture. I'm watching this show and I just find awkward and obnoxious. Like they have these hosts who describe the games, and it is just not believable that they have any idea what they are talking about. Some young kid comes out in a tie, but he's got the shirt untucked and is wearing skinny jeans, and I'm like, what? Why is there a DJ? Why is Snoop Dogg getting an award? 

I mean, the trailers are nice, but holy moly. Maybe I'm just an old fart who doesn't understand kids these days.

• Like 3

I'm on the road to Reno to make a delivery and am currently going through Wyoming. It's freaking cold out here, but with the snow cover the mountains are really beautiful. It must really be something to live in one of the remote villages out here.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm on the road to Reno to make a delivery and am currently going through Wyoming. It's freaking cold out here, but with the snow cover the mountains are really beautiful. It must really be something to live in one of the remote villages out here.

Watch out for the deer and the bears, they're lethal.

village_idiot.gif

Its nice living hours from the nearest walmart.

• Like 1

Been living under a rock for a while (and likely will continue doing so) so I wasn't aware of the countdown/new Obs game announcement. The trailer is fantastic fun. Hopefully the gameplay will be too. edit - certainly looks like a game I'll be buying at or near release tho.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 5
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It was really cold here last night. During daytime it gets a lot better though. I decided not to order anything today and I ended up making myself a nice salad. I've also been trying to cut down on coke, my body can't handle much sugar/fat anymore. I only drink a coke when I am eating a pizza or a burger which is like 2 days of the week if I am not lazy.

Been living under a rock for a while (and likely will continue doing so) so I wasn't aware of the countdown/new Obs game announcement. The trailer is fantastic fun. Hopefully the gameplay will be too. edit - certainly looks like a game I'll be buying at or near release tho.

Same here. I know I could nitpick all day but we haven't had a game like this from Obsidian since Fallout: New Vegas.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Got a tablet as an early Christmas gift, but I don't really need one so am trying to think up uses for it so I don't make my family upset :lol:

Doing this 2 days a week is quite a lot, imo. At highest I would do that once a month... and I'm not even doing that. :>

Oh well, one step at a time! :)

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm in Nebraska stopped for the night on the way from Reno to Chicago. It's about 60 degrees Fahrenheit out here... In mid December... In Nebraska. You couldn't ask for a nicer day this time of year in this part of the country. It's too nice to just stay couped up in the truck so I went for a nice 40 minute walk. Now time to play some PS4 then turn in. Come 2 or 3 am the trip resumes.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks