What did you do today?

Amentep

Something very amusing happened to me today. I'm working from home (with little to do) so I was starting a new game of Skyrim with a whole bunch of new mods. Anyway I use the "Live a different life" mod and opted for the vanilla start. It starts you much farther up that road from Helgen. Anyway on the cart ride into Helgen where Raloff & the horse thief are saying their bit Hadvar who is behind the cart stops, get's off the horse and starts fighting a wolf. So he wasn't there when the cart stops and they start calling names off the list. when they get to me (the scene keeps playing without him) he comes running into the scene saying his lines like a guy late for work. 

It was VERY comical! 

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Something very amusing happened to me today. I'm working from home (with little to do) so I was starting a new game of Skyrim with a whole bunch of new mods. Anyway I use the "Live a different life" mod and opted for the vanilla start. It starts you much farther up that road from Helgen. Anyway on the cart ride into Helgen where Raloff & the horse thief are saying their bit Hadvar who is behind the cart stops, get's off the horse and starts fighting a wolf. So he wasn't there when the cart stops and they start calling names off the list. when they get to me (the scene keeps playing without him) he comes running into the scene saying his lines like a guy late for work. 

It was VERY comical! 

Last time I started up the vanilla opening, the cart would start to spin and then it would spiral up into the sky until I quit.

It was VERY comical! 

Last time I started up the vanilla opening, the cart would start to spin and then it would spiral up into the sky until I quit.

I'm guessing you have the touring carriages mod. They don't work. Very buggy (pun intended!). 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It was VERY comical! 

I'm guessing you have the touring carriages mod. They don't work. Very buggy (pun intended!). 

Nope. Honestly I couldn't pin it down. I already tried uninstalling all of my mods and was still launched to the sky. Its okay though, there is always mods like alternate start.

Helgen is pretty tedious after the 10th, 11th or 12th time through anyway. I'd rather have helped Alduin over anyone else there. Not that he needed it. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I've been thinking about leaving the forum. That SonicMage guy pretty much spams every thread with his negative garbage. I think he's accounting for about 30 percent of all activity lately. I reported him over the gay bashing stuff and it didn't seem to matter, so maybe it's time I take a break. I find myself typing posts and then deleting them because I don't want to engage with the troll, which just seems like a big waste of time. I'm sure I'll lurk around every now and then, take care folks. 

I understand this sentiment quite well. Not about this forum in particular at the moment but the 'net/open forum concept in general. So often it just reads like people shouting at each other repetitively and needlessly and I grow weary of reading nothing but anger and scoffing and leave. I spend less and less time on forums in general. Maybe I'm just old in the head tho. :D

I hope you don't leave permanently tho. I always like your posts about your vacations/travels and the like, even if I don't say anything. You can just do what I do - mostly lurk, occasionally post an opinion but don't seriously interact much.

A bit off-topic, but I continue to dislike that Like button and never liked that it was implemented here. I've hit it maybe 3-4 times for a few specific sentimental threads but generally purposely ignore it. I still feel such only serves to halt most casual conversation because people hit the Like button instead of replying. Thus there's a lot less of the casual back and forth, meaning on average users never really get to know each other from different angles, even over time. The reason I still come back here now and then, even with long breaks, is the memories of getting to know some of what are called long-timers, all those years ago, is very strong. All the WoT shenanigans. The photo threads, the pet threads, on a personal level making that Kotor gallery that others could use. The laughs. Helping others. (edit - maybe that last half sounded too "elitist" or something? That's not how I meant it at least ... just a long winded way of saying a place has become habitual even if it isn't the same as before, for me)

Now it often feels so serious, even in WoT. I know people change and time marches on and all of that, and I've probably become more low-key and literal-minded myself - not to mention too lazy to start up photo threads, haha - but still ... super serious is just not my style. :biggrin:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

WOOOT! Got the best news I've had in a long time; Just got approved to start practicing for a truck licence \o/

Is this forum about to have 2 active member truckers?  :dancing:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hell. Yes. :dancing:

I'm going to work the rest of this year, and then get the licence. Already have three job offers ;)

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Hell. Yes. :dancing:

I'm going to work the rest of this year, and then get the licence. Already have three job offers ;)

Awesome.  Good luck out there on the open road.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Thank you, and you too :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US. Happy Thursday to the rest of you fine folks. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Having Doritos & beer for thanksgiving dinner. Can't beat it!

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

I am thankful for being here, I am thankful for my sween ability to impart my wisdom upon all of you. I am thankful for so much, for that I am equally grateful....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know half of you, half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you as well as you should deserve. I uhh... I have things to do. I've put this off for far too long. I regret to announce that this is the end. I'm going now, I bid you all a very fond farewell.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Been debating myself as to wether or not I should go and get a burger for just about 4 hours. It's been a lively debate so far, but still, it is undecided.

• Like 1

I don't know half of you, half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you as well as you should deserve. I uhh... I have things to do. I've put this off for far too long. I regret to announce that this is the end. I'm going now, I bid you all a very fond farewell.

^Ummm..that's a quote from Lord Of The Rings....

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Finally we have a semblance of winter here, a fine dusting of snow arrived yesterday and looks like it is staying for a few days. Wouldn't mind some more...

I'm struggling to get out of bed. If I can accomplish this today then the sky is the limit

you have described our everyday for the last +15 years.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 6

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Today I split firewood, watched college football, and I'm making venison stew in the crock-pot. I won't have to cook again for days.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, the unholy trinity of November.

It was so packed in the store...

the rabid hordes kept coming and coming...

The fitting rooms that packed in and messy...

The men's section was the worst of all, they just flung clothes everywhere...

It was so horrible...

but today, today I rest. For I have seen the mark of the beast and he is alive in the hearts of humanity.

• Like 1

Today I cut through the entirety of my fingernail (left index finger) while trying to cook lunch.

I remember the times when my finger didn't throb like a Deathtrash monster. Those were good times...

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods