What did you do today?

Amentep

Mine isn't too bad, I imagine it is worse when you are older. Just uncomfortable. I can still exercise and everything, but I am a bit tired so trying not to push it. The doctor gave me a prescription that is supposed to help.

• Like 3

Why won't the past just stay there? Why do old ghosts come back and reopen old wounds? Decisions, even painful ones, once made should be left to lie. It does no kindness to the people you say you love to confront them over and over with them even if you didn't like the decision. Better to just let it go.

I need a drink. Likely many drinks.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Stop rolling your r's you phoney. 

C'mon, roll the r when you say burrito and tell me that's not fun. Don't lie.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

3rd session of the pathfinder game I'm running was tonight.

Now, 1st session was all character creation, with pretty much all the players having no experience in Pathfinder before, and several of them never having done any rpgs.

And well.

They still haven't moved through the first adventure encounter situation. And the first actual combat of the campaign was three of the players killing the player of the Lawful Good Paladin with Int 7 and a zeal for Righteousness! who would yell "Criminal!" anytime he saw someone breaking what he thought was the law.

I mean, they're all having a lot of fun apparently, but I fear for my adventure.

Edit: It's also the first time I've been in a game where the girls have outnumbered the guys.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Anyone else get that giant RH retail catalog in the mail this week? The first page in the catalog is a long "letter" re: how the death of brick and mortar retail is over-rated. Glancing through their catalog, perhaps that is true .... especially for the fairly to major rich. $3000 coffee table. Yeah, lemme grab my CC, I'll buy that posthaste. Although a lot of their interior deco offerings are beautifully designed, such is not my thing. *dumps catalog in the recycle bin*

---------

Different topic - I wonder if I've partaken of so much subtitled dramas/movies and games that it has altered my ability to understand English speaking voices. eg I'm too used to not paying much attention to vocal meaning, only vocal tones. I swear lately I can't understand half of what the actors are saying (it's like they all have quiet mumble-mouth syndrome) and I end up putting CC/subtitles on even for English shows. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Did you hear from your ex, GD?

Yep

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Shingles are fading away and I had a great bike ride today. I ended up climbing up a portion of a road that was gravel, and it was a bit slippery with my road bike, but as long as I stayed in my saddle and kept turning pedals, I was safe. Ended up with about a 40 mile ride with some good climbing. We were at a really good market with an actual butcher, so I called my wife for a ride and bought some Chicken Apricot sausages for dinner.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

The first snow has arrived! Woo! \o/

It's going to be gone tomorrow though and then it's back to rain. I wish we could get a really long and cold winter again this year.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Tomorrow our village is celebrating Halloween.Over 100 kids came the last time, most not from the village but from other neighborhoods.

I have over 140 pieces of jumbo candy ready.

I hope I won't run out of candy like last year, ended up giving the remaining kids jello mixes and lemons.

Village???That sound very quaint

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I bought a big mix bag of candy, then talked myself into "trying them out", and ultimately had to hide the bag from myself so there would be something left by Halloween. :lol:

Lol. I do the same sometimes. I we don't even have Halloween here. :facepalm:

Last year my brother had that problem. He usually hates sweets but I guess he was really craving it after seeing so the Skittles.

The removal guys picked up the furniture today. i've been busy packing and moving stuff around, including carrying stuff downstairs from the upper floor, this old body just doesn't feel like 18 anymore. In fact, it feels like it's been through a good beating :wacko:

Cleaners won't be here before the day after tomorrow, but that's Ok, agreed to let the backdoor stay unlocked so they can let themself in and make the place presentable before handing it back to the owner.

For once not moving between countries, but just between states.

Oh, and yay me, at least it's just one night tonight sleeping on the floor. Looking forward to a hotel in Melbourne tomorrow with a bed and a chair to sit on :grin:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Went outside to go grab something for lunch but a car parked next to me had a dog locked inside. It's not a very warm day but it's too hot to leave your dog in a car for an extended period of time. I looked around for the owner for about 20 minutes and then I called animal control. Animal control understood that I didn't want the owner to get in any trouble I just didn't want the dog to suffer and I even offered to pay any fees or fines but they said they would just educate the owner about leaving a dog in a car as was their SOP.

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Windows were unscathed when I came back from lunch about 20 minutes later and the owner was leaving. They only break windows if they think the animal will die if they do nothing. The person I talked to on the phone said they search the nearby buildings for the owner first so I'm assuming that's what they did and a did a better job than I managed or the owner came out on their own.

It's not a very hot day but they say that the temp can go from 70 to over 100 in 30 minutes and the dog was alone for at least 25 minutes that I observed.

• Like 4

Free games updated 3/4/21

Shady, you Sir are da man!

Thomas Sowell

I just wrote a check for $72,437.30 which paid off the remaining balance on my townhouse. And I sold my townhouse today.... had I done the first part without the second I'd have been in a bit of trouble when they tried to deposit that check!  :lol: 

That's it, I'm out of the rental business. Too stressful. Plus the mortgage & fees cost more than I was getting in rent.  

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell