What did you do today?

Amentep

Sorry to hear that Malc, I know how terrible that is.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Trying to get my wife to hurry up and vote so I can either mail out or drop off our ballots and not have to think about it until the next primaries but she's dragging her feet for some reason.

I voted mostly Dem with a couple Libertarians and one Republican though all but one of those was to state and local posts. Was pleasantly surprised at how many 3rd parties were on the ballot here this year 

Free games updated 3/4/21

Working, have girlfriend (met at work), am attempting to dig up another promotion while dealing with this whole "owning a house" shindig.

I'm eternally tired... is this what being an adult is? Can I go back to when I first joined this board?

• Like 3

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Working, have girlfriend (met at work), am attempting to dig up another promotion while dealing with this whole "owning a house" shindig.

I'm eternally tired... is this what being an adult is? Can I go back to when I first joined this board?

Well if you have kids, you get to learn what tired really is. :p

I kid, I have more energy at 40 than I did at 30. :)

Spent a few hours just cleaning the dust off the internal components of my pc and out of inside the tower case itself. I also finally got to replace

the one 140mm case fan that has been dying on me while I was doing all this. Hmm now to quickly make dinner before the wife gets from work.

- UPDATE -

Now I have to find a replacement side panel (at corsair.com) for my tower case, since the front clips that did keep the panel in place have broken

off (3 of the six clips remain now). Happened when I removed the side panel to do a good cleaning for buildup dust inside my gaming pc today.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Attitude-based boredom is digging deep at my soul again, making me restless. I'm half-tempted to buy a Switch but at the moment I don't think there's too much that would interest me. Maybe next year? Then again, my PS4-Pro has largely become a pc-room blu-ray movie player so maybe not...

...might be time to start looking for a new cat. Life just seems to be missing something when I have no pet/s. Hubby still hasn't figured out when/where he wants to vacation tho...I feel like he's delaying it because he doesn't want me to get another cat. Marriage. Hm. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished cleaning out the townhouse. The tenants left on the 19th. I got lucky. Two tenants over the three years I had it. Both nice families and both left the place in good shape. Most rental stories don't end so well. I'm having the place repainted as promised to the buyer and a few minor repairs. We're closing on the 29th.  I'm getting out of the rental business after this. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Frustration at the job hunt is now leading to battles with procrastination.

I knew it would be a slog, but I expected getting a first with my degree would at least give me some benefits in at least getting interviews.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Said good bye to my doggo, started bleeding profusely and had bleeding tumors on kidneys so was time to do it.

Was there at end, went better than I expected. So, just have to look after family today.

Holy... I'm so sorry. ;(

Thank you for staying with him until the end. I'm sure this meant the world to him.

• Like 2

And yes, sorry to hear that Malcador.

Let the good memories linger.

On things that mildly amused me, I received a letter from the student loans company. Apparently one of the bean counters has noticed I've been able to defer payments for 15 years and that in something like 5 or 10 years they'll be cancelled. So they sent me a letter of "If you can pay us half the amount now, we'll forgive the other half. Of course, this will effect matters if you try getting another student loan from us in the future."

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Condolences from me too Malc.

On Monday my boss handed me a todo before disappearing for the week. With our supporter also gone all I managed to do was taking a look at it. So, gotta rush it tomorrow, yay. At least our support guy will be back and I don't have to spend the entire day hearing whiny complaints on the phone about how whatever they were trying to do always worked and it suddenly stopped working even though nobody touched that module in the past two years.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

One of our drivers went MIA. Didn't show up at work, can't get him on the phone. It's about 5 hours now and I had to cancel two tours because of this.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Turns out our driver escaped home. He ran away to saxonia, leaving behind his wife and 6 months old baby or something. Welp, at least the delivery van was ok and he didn't stole it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

40 is a bit early for shingles, sorry to hear you've had a manifestation of it.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My mom got shingles in her early 70's, on her back. I wonder if how old you are when you got the chicken pox makes any difference. I had chicken pox when I was around 18. Haven't done any vaccine yet. But I occasionally wonder if that pox virus is a cause of some of the weird ailments I've had over the years.

...anyway, shingles is definitely no fun.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts