Kapana Taga won't drop after killing Fyrgist (the guy near Volcanic Island south of Tikawara)

zephyr_chang

Question

And I've tried reloading and killing him loads of times. Can someone help, please? Need the weapon to make a Lone Wolf-themed character.

P.S. Does it matter whether you kill him through boarding+normal combat or ship-to-ship combat?

P.P.S. Does it matter whether you have received his bounty or not?

12 answers to this question

Hey Zephyr,

Sorry about this bug.  I just checked it out real quick and you're right.  The Area Designer is sad that this is a bug and will take care of it.  In the meantime, if you like, you can send me a copy of your save file to support@obsidian.net with your forum user name and a link to this thread and I'll toss the weapon into your inventory and send it back.

Thank you for letting us know about this, and sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.

Hu? Shot his ship to the ground with my sloop 10 min ago and Kapana Tags dropped. So I guess it's only a problem if you board?

You know, what, seeing this bug thread makes me feel less crazy. I can confirm that I saw this before, but thought that I had just misremembered where the Kapana dropped. And much later, I started getting paranoid and stopped any boarding party attempt.

For some reason I assumed that the loot you got for blowing up a ship was programmatically determined from the loot tables of the enemies in the encounter, but this is making me suspect that they are both individually set, so there can be a mismatch. I hope the issue is just limited to the Kapana Taga.

Don't know. A while ago I could buy/steal stuff from the Deck of Many Things, then turn around and sink it - getting the same items a second time. :)

But this seems to be fixed now: didn't work last time I tried (yesterday).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hey everyone!

Just a heads up that it looks like we have a fix for this slated for the next patch.  If you notice that it is still not working properly for the upcoming patch, please let me know so I can have the team investigate this further.

If you've already done the combat and didn't get the Kapana Taga to drop, please send me your save file to support@obsidian.net along with a link to this thread as a reference and I will gladly put the item into your inventory for you.

Thank you for your patience with this issue.